FishGuts4Lunch

Default Keyboard Settings List

Here are a list of as many of the default key setting used in Dayz Standalone Alpha.

I'm surprised in wasn't posted before this. I did see a list on the DayZ wiki but this was incomplete (I have modified it now)

But here is a a copy of the list. Please feel free to add any keys I may have forgotten...

Movement

W  Move Forward. Double click to run.

S   Move Backward.

D   Move Right.

Move Left.

E   Lean Right / Roll right when prone.

Q   Lean Left / Roll left when prone.

V   Vault , Jump / climb over low objects.

Z   Prone.

X   Crouch.

C   Stand.

Left Shift  Hold to walk or run

View

Alt  Panoramic view with mouse

Numpad   Keys 1,4,7 and 3,6,9 will give a  fixed view to the rear quarter side or  front quarter... Left or right.

Enter   Toggle between  first person and third person (if available on server).

Communications

Hold Caps Lock  Hold to voice chat with players nearby.

Direct text to players nearby can be typed in the window at the bottom of screen.

Shows a list of players on the server. Click on name for extra info.

Game Control Commands

ESC    Open Menu window / Cancel last command.

Tab     Toggle Open inventory.

Space Toggle raise fists/ weapons.

T          Toggle automatic weapon between single shot and auto fire. Fire both barrels with a shotgun

RMB    Hold to zoom view. With scoped weapon held, short click to look through scope. In telescopic scope view, hold to zoom scope to high power.

LMB     Fire weapon. Swing melee weapon.

Scroll wheel   Scroll through options list (usually upper left or middle of screen).

Click scroll wheel  Select option.Cancel

Numbers 1 to 0  Select corresponding item (if available) in action bar at the bottom of the screen.

F    Same as scroll wheel click.

F1  Wave

F2  Surrender with hands up

F3  Sit down

F4  Give the middle finger (can be changed in options menu if desired).

F5 Clap hands.

F6 Point with hand.

F7 Thumbs up

These are pretty much all I could think of. Several, like the single shot option for the M4-A1 took me a while to discover and then only by accident. I hope this helps new players on their way a bit more quickly as well as vets from the mod like me who haven't played for a while and need a bit of refreshing. If I forgot any please post and I will add it to the list!

Fishguts

Edited by FishGuts4Lunch
  • Like 4

Pretty sure Rocket said "taunt" would default to F4 on the next patch.  :thumbsup:

OP, what makes you think that players are so dumb they can't just go into OPTIONS -> CONTROLS and check?

OP, what makes you think that players are so dumb they can't just go into OPTIONS -> CONTROLS and check?

Wait a bit, and read some of the forum posts. Then you too will know EXACTLY how dumb some of the players are around here!

Edited by DJPorterNZ
  • Like 3

Yes you can find the keys incontrols but they are far from an easy over view. (call me dumb but it took me forever to realise there were multiple catagories)

Pretty sure Rocket said "taunt" would default to F4 on the next patch.  :thumbsup:

Indeed,

Thanx I will amend it as soon as the next patch is applied!

Not bad, should be helpful to those who are too lazy to look for themselves in-game.

Few keys I recommend changing from the defaults for better gameplay:

LCTRL - Raise/lower weapon

Space - Turbo

Big help with this post thanks. I just downloaded this game "my first pc game since descent" and my mouse doesn't work in the menu screens. It only works in the game. I don't know if thats normal or not. Played for 3 mins couldn't move up a ladder so i had to leave to search for a thread like this.  once again thanks for the post!

Weird. My F2 And F3 don't do what their intended to do. How do I change what buttons do what or is that possible?

Weird. My F2 And F3 don't do what their intended to do. How do I change what buttons do what or is that possible?

Piggy, go to the menu (either the one at the startup or press esc in game) and use Configure go to Controls then Assignments.

The second line will now read Infantry Movements > Press the > and select Interact from the dropdown menu. Try pressing Default and see if it all works now. If not you can reset it by hand in the tab.

• Like 2