Sign in to follow this  
Macovzki

Great Game, So Far Encountered In-Game Players Not So Great...

Alright, so as of now I have been playing the game for a rough 18 hours and I like it a lot.
Usually I'm not really into these games because I think I don't have the patience for what you have to do

(all the scavenging and walking) and since it is an alpha (got stuck inside a building just yesterday, only to fall to my death shortly after by my own mistake, oh the adventures I have lol) I really like to play it and I think that the developers are doing a great job at what they do and what the game is becoming.

The massive world you can explore and stuff you can gather are already reason enough for me to play it. Fighting off the zombies is just a secondary thing (what am I saying, of course it's not a secondary thing, maybe I've gone infectious lol. Better gtfo of my house then).

Anyway, after having played the game for about 18  hours I really do wonder about something and that is whether or not friendly players actually exist.

Before I started playing the game I had already seen a few video's from frankie about his adventures in DayZ which gave me the impression that it is pretty hardcore on new players who don't know the game all that well (like me), so I decided to only play in non-pvp or 'friendly' servers to learn more about the game and just play without having to worry about bandits who shoot me for nothing.

Though as I kind of already expected those servers are seemingly filled with assholes who somehow don't seem to understand that they are absolutely ruining the entire experience by simply killing noob players in non-pvp servers.

Hell, I was even playing in a server where you would get banned if you'd kill someone and still I ran into some dude in the hospital with his axe out and as soon as he seen me he chopped the living shit out of me. 

It's a great game and I hope to play it much more than those few 18 hours, but as usual there's this group of players, this very special little group of retards who ruin it for everybody else as long as they can do what they want.

So yeah, my question, do nice players exist? And if so where do they live? Because they certainly don't seem to live on Chernarus -_-'.

Ok that last line was just fueled by my memories about all the shit encounters.

Nice players exist, of course. Too bad I have only ran into the shitty asshole ones.

Buuuuuut so yeah, guess I still have to ask a question or otherwise this thread doesn't really serve a purpose and I'll have to edit this thread AGAIN which I don't want cause I'm tired lol.

Alright I got one: Are there any good or noob friendly clans that are recruiting?
I know I can go and take a look at the Recruiting part of the forum myself but maybe people can recommend me clans or share their experience or opinion regarding a clan?
You know, which to avoid and which to like, not avoid? :P

Alright, I hope this thread isn't entirely useless or shitty to read as it is kinda fueled by a recent rage quit in DayZ and more of a rant than anything else I think (I know, it's stupid xD).

Good night or day or whatever it is to whoever read this.

If you check the clan recruitment section you'd find loads of clans willing to accept players with different levels skill and experience. A popular one thats always in that section is Becks privateers? I'm not familiar with them but thats just an example of one thats been popular with posts in that section of the forums

I might add that it is actually against the terms of service to ban players for killing other players. An admin doing so risks losing the right to host the game.

The ONLY reason a player may be kicked at this point is for exploiting bugs of using abusive language

• Like 1

But isn't it ridiculous that players can't be atleast kicked for killing players in a non PvP server?

How many times does this need to be said... There are no NON-PvP servers. PvP is part of what makes DayZ what it is. If someone puts a name on a server saying that it is a NON-PvP/Friendly only server they are fooling themselves and the players that join said server, as there is no way to stop people from playing PvP on their server. If the server admin is constantly kicking people for PvP, and his server IP gets reported enough times, he will lose his server and any money that he paid to host it.

• Like 1

But isn't it ridiculous that players can't be atleast kicked for killing players in a non PvP server?

Nope. There shouldn't be any such thing. Just going to have to wait until they release private hives.

The problem is, if non-pvp servers existed on the public hive, they would essentially be loot farms. People could go there, gear up without fear of being killed by other players, then go to normal servers and be armed to the teeth.

so no.. no no no and no.

no

Edited by wolf-mind
  • Like 3

There are no Non PvP servers. It is against the server hosting rules to kick or ban a player for killing another player. The admin can call it a PvE server or Non PvP all they want but players can still kill other players. The server owner could lose their server if they are caught kicking and banning players for killing other players.

• Like 1

I haven't played it yet, I'm still learning. But if there arn't non-PvP servers (thank god) why do people ramble on about it. I hope they add construction though. That idea makes me smile.

Nope. All of the servers are official. There's a set of rules for those.

Non KoS servers are stupid.

And Farming  :thumbsup:

Edited by AsHawkins

Nope. All of the servers are official. There's a set of rules for those.

Non KoS servers are stupid.

Non-KoS servers are great!

No matter what gets said, people always fall for the ruse.

Dude, most of the players on this game Kill on Sight.

Unless they implement an effective Humanity System, you're just going to have to deal with it.

Kill everyone you see.  No reason not to.

KOS = Get the first shot off, possibly get some gear, eliminate threat

Help Players = Give the advantage to KOSers, lose all your gear, die

I suggested a sanity level. The more you kill, the more paranoid you become. With noises, visuals, random unconsciousness. Ya know? Psycho stuff.

Edited by AsHawkins

Had one instance with two guys in a supermarket, we talked nothing happened one guy had an axe I had an axe and the third had a rifle. 

I have also been shot, no questions asked. It sucks .. but then it makes doing anything thrilling. If there was no KOS this "game" would be the most pointless running and flashlight Tamagochi sim with an oversized engine. 

• Like 1

If you look at a server's tag and it says "No PvP" you can consider it to be a request, nothing more. Personally I would try to keep the spirit of the request in my mind as I played on that server but when push comes to shove, if it's you or me, I'm going to do my damned best to make sure it is YOU.

In the same breath there are loads of so called private servers and the best of all are the "TEST SERVER! YOUR CHARACTER WILL BE DELETED" I don't believe it for a second. I think it is just an attempt to scare players not in their club away. Has anyone tried logging in to such a server and if so, what happened?

At any rate all this stuff is forbidden. No private servers, no locked servers, no password servers. Do it and you may well lose the right to host. My son had a server on the DayZ mod for a while and you would not believe to hoops you need to jump through to be allowed to host. I don't imagine for a second it is any different in the SA version. Hosting this game is alot of work and most server owners do their best to retain the right to do so.

Edited by FishGuts4Lunch
  • Like 2

If you look at a server's tag and it says "No PvP" you can consider it to be a request, nothing more. Personally I would try to keep the spirit of the request in my mind as I played on that server but when push comes to shove, if it's you or me, I'm going to do my damned best to make sure it is YOU.

THAT!

Why do people want a fucking 'humanity' system? THERE IS NO WAY TO TELL IN THE REAL WORLD IF SOMEONE IS GOING TO KILL YOU OR NOT. Its not realistic, it makes ZERO sense. Learn to play carefully, trust no one. Its the fucking apocalypse what do you expect? Are people really this stupid? You'd be the first to die in a real apocalyptic situation if you think the world wouldn't devolve into lawless chaos if a situation like DayZ happened after an extended period of time. Scarcity of resources forces people to do terrible things to survive, if you think otherwise you need to simply look at history during the Dark Ages and during extreme famines to see this.

Edited by Epsilon

Nope. There shouldn't be any such thing. Just going to have to wait until they release private hives.

The problem is, if non-pvp servers existed on the public hive, they would essentially be loot farms. People could go there, gear up without fear of being killed by other players, then go to normal servers and be armed to the teeth.

so no.. no no no and no.

no

and how is that any different from an empty server? people just want reasons to hate on non-pvp servers.

Glad you're enjoying the game mate, and yea, the players ingame aren't that nice.

so I decided to only play in non-pvp or 'friendly' servers to learn more about the game and just play without having to worry about bandits who shoot me for nothing.

Though as I kind of already expected those servers are seemingly filled with assholes who somehow don't seem to understand that they are absolutely ruining the entire experience by simply killing noob players in non-pvp servers.

No such thing as friendly or non-pvp servers. Its a trick and you as well as many others fall for it every day. Its a false incentive to get weaklings on board, nothing more. You fell for it.

What kind of game would it be if the danger of death wasn't there? It would be crap. No training wheels in DayZ unless you want to play the mod.

Why do people want a fucking 'humanity' system? THERE IS NO WAY TO TELL IN THE REAL WORLD IF SOMEONE IS GOING TO KILL YOU OR NOT. Its not realistic, it makes ZERO sense. Learn to play carefully, trust no one. Its the fucking apocalypse what do you expect? Are people really this stupid? You'd be the first to die in a real apocalyptic situation if you think the world wouldn't devolve into lawless chaos if a situation like DayZ happened after an extended period of time. Scarcity of resources forces people to do terrible things to survive, if you think otherwise you need to simply look at history during the Dark Ages and during extreme famines to see this.

Okay man, yeah you're totally right, sorry for asking a fcking question there mate :D. Next time I'll just don't go on the fcking forums cause you know, instant flaming seems to be kind of regular on noob players who are new to the game :D.

Sorry I bothered you with my question/complaint/thread ;D.

Okay man, yeah you're totally right, sorry for asking a fcking question there mate :D. Next time I'll just don't go on the fcking forums cause you know, instant flaming seems to be kind of regular on noob players who are new to the game :D.

Sorry I bothered you with my question/complaint/thread ;D.

don't worry about it, a good chunk of people playing this are major league dickbags and seem completely content with it. if you really enjoy the game you learn to deal lol

It makes complete sense, because of the fact that the amount of violence itself doesn't make sense. Making PVP'ers some sort of faction of military or mercenary believing they will stop the virus by "cleansing" the land would actually make sense out of the utterly ridiculous amount of KOS. Dont get me wrong, i want MORE KOS, but for it to make sense and also to get some myself, while being immersed in the game putting myself in it as if it were me. I can't do that and take part in the god damned KOS...

Edited by Thane

To the OP, if you don't want to get killed much, your bestbet is to play on low population servers until you become better at the game.  There's a lot of controls to master, and after 10+ hours of gameplay, I still sometimes have to stop and think which button to push.  

• Like 1