ThreeFailingPros

Private Servers - No Password ( /.-)

Hi Guys and Admins,

WHY DON'T YOU MAKE A PASSWORD FOR YOUR SERVERS AND ALWAYS JUST WHITE LISTS???

-.-"

How can I know that that one is private? Server list is spammed by that...

And SmashT, they can call their Server with Regular/Harcore, blablabla, but they could add "Private ...", "DON'T JOIN! KICK!!!"

or "Friends only..."

And SmashT, they can call their Server with Regular/Harcore, blablabla, but they could add "Private ...", "DON'T JOIN! KICK!!!"

or "Friends only..."

Kicking players would be against the rules.

Here is a list of DayZ Standalone hosting rules as per the Devs:

• You may NOT change your servers slots
  • You may NOT password your server
  • Your server must contain the version number and whether it is Regular or Hardcore. ie. (Regular|Hardcore) VERSION
  • Your server must NOT have a NO KILL policy
  • You can NOT kick players on joining, to loot farm or to prevent other players joining
  • You can kick if players are being verbally abusive or abusing ingame bugs to gain an ingame advantage.

Hicks has further clarified the following on twitter:

• Server operators MAY frequently restart their rented instances in order to keep the time at a certain point..
Failure to comply with these rules could result in a suspension of your server without a refund. 
Edited by Steak and Potatoes

Kicking players would be against the rules.

I'm just left wondering why no one enforces the rule.

Everytime I open the server list the first 10 servers are "Private Clan Server" or "Join=Kick".

People doing that are just assholes.

Everytime I open the server list the first 10 servers are "Private Clan Server" or "Join=Kick".

A lot of those servers has been closed down, more will follow if they are reported.

• Like 2

This is also a newly established rule, as it was kinda of a grey zone, two weeks ago :)

But report theese servers mate, and they will get blacklisted soon enough.

Remember, this is your weapon as a client, against theese pesky admin bastards, use it :)

Im really happy to see the rules got updated with this guys, glad you are "putting your foot" down now.

How to report? Website? Email?

As for reports, read this mate:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

Edited by Byrgesen

How to report? Website? Email?

Look at the very first reply to your thread...

You are not allowed to password your server. Sub-private hives aren't implemented yet so all servers (other then a couple of dev-testing servers) are public.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/