Sign in to follow this  
Adaedin

Wildest Player Encounters, Skirmishes, Etc.

So plain and simple, I'm curious as to what everyone's craziest firefights and player encounters, or anything reminiscent to that. With a game that offers as much flexibility as DayZ, I know someone has got to have a wild story or two.

Personally, I haven't been in that many out-there situations until recently due to my friends buying the game, despite having over a hundred hours on the game. Two nights ago my friend and I were playing on a 40/40, all-day server. Fully kitted out, we decided what sort of trouble we could get into, or at least watch, as we headed towards Elektro. Crawling through the brush on the hill that snipers frequent, we began to scan the area for players. Seeing several relatively fresh spawns scurrying about, what caught my eye were two mosin-wielding gentlemen atop the hospital. However it just do happened they saw us, just as we saw them. Wielding M4's, we weren't as well-equipped despite having bipods and the pristine magpul stocks. This however, seemed to set off a violent chain reaction. An axe-wielding player with no pants and a raincoat rushed to the top of the hospital and began to hack away at the the snipers while we began to take M4 fire from behind. Scrambling for cover, we suddenly realized that the person behind us managed to get into a firefight with two -other- people behind us. A melee also broke out in the streets, a total of what seemed to be upwards of 17 players taking part in the vicious bloodbath. We decided a tactical withdrawal was in our best interest and ex filtrate the area north, billets flying every which way, the screams of dismembered players blasting through VOIP.

So, what's your craziest moment?

It's not like there aren't a hundred threads like this already, but I'll bite. I killed three fully geared players in Elektro last night with naught but my trusty fireaxe. It was the only item I had. I briefly caught a glimpse of a guy in a window whilst traveling through. I slowly sneaked upstairs to find him firing upon a lowly player down below. I came up behind him him and said, "hello." He turned to face me before I buried my axe in his face.

I then said, "Thanks for the Mosin. Now I get to kill the guy you were trying to kill." I picked up his Mosin and tried aiming at the guy he was about to kill, but I forgot that everyone in the vicinity could hear me. A bullet ricocheted off the window in front of me from somewhere far in the distance. It wasn't him that had fired, but the guy I unintentionally saved had already run into the downstairs part of the building I was in (I could hear him). I didn't hesitant. I sprinted down the stairs and started swinging wildly. He caught me in the stomach with his magnum, but he died after. I stood there over his body trying to organize the spoils. This guy had an M4 and I wanted to carry it in my hands as I carried the first guy's Mosin on my back, but I was running into some difficulties. As I was struggling to dual carry the two primaries, a third fully geared guy runs into the room, and almost up the stairs, without realizing I was there. I'm pretty confident it was the guy that tried to shoot me in the window.The battle ensued same as the last. I swung at him wildly. He got me once with his M4. I stood above the bandits bodies in triumph, then logged out with all their stuff.

I killed a guy who was trying to kill guy who was trying to kill another guy. Then I killed the other two guys. The lowly magnum wielder was under cover from the guy that tried to shoot me at the window. He didn't even know the first guy I killed was trying to kill him, and he had the clearest shot (aiming down into the supermarket not even 50 meters).

Edited by Solopopo

A very short, but memorable moment.

I had just spawned on the beach and found a bat in one of the the first houses I searched. When I exited the next house, I passed another player, but continued running. I put some distance to the house and noticed the guy following me with his fists raised. I turned around and raised my bat and shouted: "So you wanna fight?! You wanna fight?!" He lowered his fists and said: "No!" Me, still high on adrenaline, still shouting: "Don't you raise your fists at me!!!"

Obviously I overreacted, but I felt protective of my bat and was a bit amused, how angry I actually got, just from seeing his raised fists. I don't know if I scared him off or he just ran way thinking: "What an angry person."

Edited by Dallas