Sign in to follow this  
Jochendude

Is It Still Worth Buying The Dayz Mod?

Hello,

I recently purchased the standalone and played it for several hours.
It seems it still has a lot missing from what the mod has to offer (Alpha i know)
And the weapon/food loot is soooo scarse, it's anoying.

After seeing the episodes of FRANKIEonPC on the mod, i really want to try it.
Offcourse the videos are from 2012 and i wonder if the mod is still the same and worth buying?

Are a lot of people still playing this?

Thanks for your reply

2012 was when the mod had a lot of population before they went off into random mods of the mod 

you can still find some vanilla Dayz servers that have good population.

The Mod was a lot of fun, spent so much time on it, there was more of a purpose in the game, Such as finding cars or heli's and spending hours holding it down while trying to find parts, to setting up tent's hidden across the map or searching for other players tents

That was the fun in the Mod for me personally 

The mod was more of a team-based game compared to Standalone, if you have the money to buy Arma2 Operation Arrowhead, why not give it a try, if you find a good server you could quite enjoy yourself 

• Like 1

Hello,

I recently purchased the standalone and played it for several hours.

It seems it still has a lot missing from what the mod has to offer (Alpha i know)

And the weapon/food loot is soooo scarse, it's anoying.

After seeing the episodes of FRANKIEonPC on the mod, i really want to try it.

Offcourse the videos are from 2012 and i wonder if the mod is still the same and worth buying?

Are a lot of people still playing this?

Thanks for your reply

It's free

There's still a rather large community on the mod, alongside plenty of other expansion mods.

It depends really, if you see yourself playing DayZ in a few years, i suggest buying the SA, if you're just looking to experience the game for a few months and forget about it, stick with the mod.

I am at a crossroads. I played SA, got all geared up and all that. Felt good, being able to enter all the buildings and all that. Plus the beautiful new graphics, but it is alpha, the zeds are awful and the community seems to be one giant troll fest. So I snuck back onto the mod last week on vanilla. Guns, tractors, sidechat, zeds everywhere, food on doorsteps, and just general mayhem. Within 15 minutes of logging back on I had a zed chase me over a field, ran into a farmhouse jumped into a tractor with a bit of fuel and made my escape while the zeds pounded away at it. saw a guy on side saying to someone else 'was that you I saw running from a zed through a field in the north'

& it felt good. I had more fun in that quick visit than I have honestly had in the whole time playing the standalone so far... Theres no doubt the standalone will be king, but right now the mod still kicks its ass IMO for all round entertainment, and more importantly, the feeling of danger. Head up north in the standalone and you can loot for hours without seeing man nor zombie. Up north on vanilla mod, its a different story...

You cant really compare the Mod and all of it's sub-mods to an Alpha product-I will wait for the SA to mature because there are so many mods to play that the variety is hard to beat. Personally I love Overwatch and like Namalsk and play a couple of others off and on. I haven't been able to get into Epoch, but there is only so much time and it seems like it would be better with a crew.