Sign in to follow this  
KnightFall1856

Is There A Story To Day Z?

Is there a story line or scenario written out somewhere that explains what happened and why you suddenly arrive at the coast? Im curious. 

Create your own story by playing the game.

Edited by YassirX
  • Like 3

If you really want a story you better step up your role playing skills. 

• Like 1

The 'lore' has not fully been established, other than a few key items.  The players (survivors) are immune to the Zombie Virus (or whatever is making people zombies), the zombies are not dead or reanimated, but rabid/crazy.  We are in the former Soviet Country of Chenarus.

After that it's up to you.  I am the only survivor of the IIS Ewa Maru, a cargo vessel belonging to the Private Military Contractor Ikaika Industries.  I was employed as a Driver and Mechanic for the Company, and was on the way to Takistan Via the Black Sea and overland routes through Russia as part of a UN contract to help with a 'Medical Emergency' in Takistan.  Along the way we picked up an Ikaika Industries 'Black Team' which was to provide an Armed Presence.  A fire on board damaged navigation communications equipment and some of the crew began to take ill.  After a failed attempt to quarantine then cull the infected all that was left was a member of the Black Team and me.  The other guy knew he wasn't going to make it and committed suicide, leaving me alone on a non functioning ship drifting in the black sea.  After spotting land I launched a lifeboat and tried to get to shore being heavily armed, the boat capsized and I lost all my equipment and washed up on shore.

Edited by BigMike

The 'lore' has not fully been established, other than a few key items.  The players (survivors) are immune to the Zombie Virus (or whatever is making people zombies), the zombies are not dead or reanimated, but rabid/crazy.  We are in the former Soviet Country of Chenarus.

After that it's up to you.  I am the only survivor of the IIS Ewa Maru, a cargo vessel belonging to the Private Military Contractor Ikaika Industries.  I was employed as a Driver and Mechanic for the Company, and was on the way to Takistan Via the Black Sea and overland routes through Russia as part of a UN contract to help with a 'Medical Emergency' in Takistan.  Along the way we picked up an Ikaika Industries 'Black Team' which was to provide an Armed Presence.  A fire on board damaged navigation communications equipment and some of the crew began to take ill.  After a failed attempt to quarantine then cull the infected all that was left was a member of the Black Team and me.  The other guy knew he wasn't going to make it and committed suicide, leaving me alone on a non functioning ship drifting in the black sea.  After spotting land I launched a lifeboat and tried to get to shore being heavily armed, the boat capsized and I lost all my equipment and washed up on shore.

That's a pretty indepth personal backstory.  :thumbsup:

Also I think they are dead/reanimated zombies. There's a mocap video on youtube of them making zombie animations and he mentions zombies with broken necks and broken spines.

"This is DayZ, this is your story."

• Like 1

That's a pretty indepth personal backstory.  :thumbsup:

Also I think they are dead/reanimated zombies. There's a mocap video on youtube of them making zombie animations and he mentions zombies with broken necks and broken spines.

They aren't. Confirmed by Rocket.

He had his brother (who is a virologist) write up a paper on the virus that they're infected with. Maybe it will find it's way into the game some day...

• Like 1

Do you know what's going on here? A dirty war, after a while you realise that all

that remains in Chernarus are Heroes & Clowns. Caught in the middle are the innocence,

those that want to roll about the ground in their underpants, or gather round & dance to

some german bloke beat boxing in Electro, you can see them having races up and down the roads.

care free. Alive.

They have no care for what surrounds them. Horror that wants to shoot them, rob them, torture & poison them.

spoil their fun. Fucking Clowns.

Only the heros can stop it, we are here to protect those that just swim in the

river without a care in the world. They don't know the direction the current flows, & pulls them inexorably towards becoming Clowns.

The magic? those that do figure it out? those that swim against that current? after the awakening they become tomorrow's heroes.

Watch out for the zombies, they bite.  Hope you're making it stranger, i'm still scanning channel 87.8 the battery I have is badly

damaged, I keep checking. but no one answers.

will be my first message in the game :D

Edited by Calibre

If you really want a story you better step up your role playing skills. 

Im not into roleplaying at all. I was just curious. Troll. 

There is a backstory..

From Steam :

Welcome to the world of DayZ, hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few that have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population now infected with the disease.

Most of the world's population wiped out...Means no hope for the help..