roflcopter127@yahoo.com

I Think I'm Too Trusting And Nice.

Don't rely blindly on strangers for your survival. Always keep an eye open and a way out. When you became worried, you should have trusted your instincts and left them. If they had followed you, you should have killed them. 

why are you going to elektro....especial on NA Servers...

elektro is a shithole.

I meet lots of friendly players, but not in Elecktro.

Hey OP and other survivors

I know it sucks getting killed this way as I used to play exactly like you in the mod

Over a year and a half I had to learn how to survive and how to interact with others

Here is a video I made not long ago, it will help you to learn some techniques on how to approach and handle other players and what to look out for

youtube.com/watch?v=Z-8NQZetsco

Excellent.  Be especially wary of teen-age voices.

• Like 1

Big tip off when people awkardly answer you in direct. He was joking with his buddy about killing you soon. 

If people get quiet or get to acting strange I generally call it open season. 

That's all very well but will someone please tell a nooob how the hell to get the comms working, either text or speech? I have NEVER heard or seen any chat, so I have not been able to say 'friendly', 'I come in peace', or 'die, you noob robbing turd'.

I use the slash key, type text, no one responds.

I plug in my headset, press direct com, nothing happens, at least as far as I can tell.

So I wander silently, collect some stuff, get bored, then get killed. So far, the game has not given me any reason to like it but I keep running and searching.

KoS is old hat!

KoH is the new thing, get with the times. Kill on hearing!

>.> Adolescent cracking, teenage, or child voice?  Put a bullet in their brain. They'll be fine, whine and restart--- probably listen to some tasteless dubstep or hiphop garbage, then they'll be good to go!

Edited by Rudette

Not to mention I was on a PVE (No KOS) server, which makes matters worse.

these servers are NOT ENFORCEABLE.

The video explains itself, but I will set some basic background info if you do not watch the video.

I spawn in Berenzino, check the hospital, both grocery stores and a few residentials with no luck.

I decide to run south instead of North, avoiding the NEAF because of some glitching I heard was happening there.

After a solid 10-15 minute run, I come across a man who (very graciously) gives me a ton of a gear off of someone he shot.

After another 5 minute run to Elektro, I meet a person (whom I have complete ability to shoot if I want) but decide not to, since the person I met prior to him was so nice to me.

I chat for a few minutes in the grocery store and then another random person comes in.  I was not recording because it was uneventful, but then I started to record after a few minutes of talking because the one who had just entered the store was being awkward and silent, so I became worried and started recording.

Low and behold, the 2nd person shoots me in the head randomly and takes my shit, while the other guy (obviously his friend) just stands there.

How can people not feel bad doing this or have any enjoyment?  It was lucky I found the gear so easily and had not earned it, so it didn't feel near as bad.

Not to mention I was on a PVE (No KOS) server, which makes matters worse.  

And please hold comments such as "Well they don't have to abide by those rules of the server!"  or "You should have been on your guard more!" or my personal favorite  "this is Dayz, suck it up!"

I know all of this, but it is still just baffling that I can be so nice and offer to help some guy, just to have his friend come shoot me out of no where. 

Like, why?  I guess you can't stop people from being people sometimes. 

I'm just sharing my story. I'm sure many of you can relate, and I'd love to hear your stories as well!

yeah i really don't understand the people on this game, it's basically call of duty/battlefield to them, they hide and shoot people who walk by..... i don't understand how its fun, there is no killstreaks or points awarded, you rarely get gear from anybody you need because obviously you already have decent gear if you are shooting people.  me and my friends run around and scavenge looking for stuff, we use our guns on zombies and just adventure, yet there is always some random sniper in some random bush that kills you for no reason, i don't get it.  it's gotten to the point where we just play on 0/40 servers or as close as we can find to it, we are here for the zombie survival theme not the call of duty stuff.

I'm a nice player as I haven't killed any of the unarmed players I've met so far while looting the smaller central villages.

Apart from the numpty who run towards me fists raised wibbling away in foreign over Direct. He contracted Axeinface Sydrome.

I contact only people who are 100% under my control. They know I let them alive. This is a big bonus.
I let me see only if the voice is trustfull, elsewhere I wish them luck and leave.

The part being nice is not wrong, how you contact them is the wrong part.

You must see them first. Looking the video first 20 sec... you don´t care about that.

Edited by NoCheats

speaking of to nice and trusting, i was playing on a low pop server as i always try to do because i am here for zombie survival, (3 people on server) guy walks into one of the millitary buildings i am in and backs up and waives, i waive back and shoulder my weapon, i walk out and he shoots me with an m41.... i don't get it, never will.

speaking of to nice and trusting, i was playing on a low pop server as i always try to do because i am here for zombie survival, (3 people on server) guy walks into one of the millitary buildings i am in and backs up and waives, i waive back and shoulder my weapon (put it in my inventory), i walk out and he shoots me with an m41.... i don't get it, never will.

Yeah man, thousands of players are now terribly ruining this game, its hard to play... 84 hours invested now just to end up with nothing.. im sure there are people who have invested alot more time just to get KoS.. QUIT THE KOS AND START ACTUALLY BEING A F**KING BANDIT. I recently said i was going to KoS but i still cant, I dont have the heart but apparently thousands dont mind ruining the game for countless of players

Ruining the game.

You are so ignorant.

Ruining the game.

You are so ignorant.

it is ruining it, it turns a zombie apocalyptic survival into a call of duty/battlefield style deathmatch where you run for a gun and then camp outside cities.

OP, try hardcore servers. You'll still have some good pvp but generally people are more engaging. And word to the wise, any server that advertises it's pve is just baiting you in for troll fodder.

OP, I think you need a lesson in basic economics. What were the cost/ benefits to those guys for (a)shooting you and (b ) not shooting you?

Edited by Mandrake

OP, try hardcore servers. You'll still have some good pvp but generally people are more engaging. And word to the wise, any server that advertises it's pve is just baiting you in for troll fodder.

not technically true, could go either way as far as that goes.

OP, I think you need a lesson in basic economics. What were the cost/ benefits to those guys for (a)shooting you and (b ) not shooting you?

really there is no benefit in killing anybody in this game, loot is readily available, the object of the game is to stay alive, you have everything to gain by all teaming up and nothing to gain by turning it into a deathmatch.

really there is no benefit in killing anybody in this game, loot is readily available, the object of the game is to stay alive, you have everything to gain by all teaming up and nothing to gain by turning it into a deathmatch.

How can you say that?

If you see someone and you let them be - chances are darn high they will come back/after you and kill you.

So since ammo is there in abundance you'll just dispose of 'em to be on the safe side...

The last days with the lag you even had to kill unarmed/melee since they could just "circle lag" you while pummeling.

Also I only address others by "Hands up". If the next thing they do is not to raise 'em in the air - they get shot and I get to live another encounter.

I think you should have been wary of two buddies together.... one wants to make the other one laugh... remember these guys are often on VOIP in the background, making plans.

How can you say that?

If you see someone and you let them be - chances are darn high they will come back/after you and kill you.

So since ammo is there in abundance you'll just dispose of 'em to be on the safe side...

The last days with the lag you even had to kill unarmed/melee since they could just "circle lag" you while pummeling.

Also I only address others by "Hands up". If the next thing they do is not to raise 'em in the air - they get shot and I get to live another encounter.

because if everybody would just stop treating it like a deathmatch then there is plenty for everybody and we can eliminate the zombie scum.  is that not the purpose of the game, to survive and kill zombies...... the more people helping each other do that the easier it becomes.

because if everybody would just stop treating it like a deathmatch then there is plenty for everybody and we can eliminate the zombie scum.  is that not the purpose of the game, to survive and kill zombies...... the more people helping each other do that the easier it becomes.

But it just does not work that way. It is kill or be killed. I tried talking to others first and make friends or even solve a a holdup I stumbled upon without killing.

All I ever got for that was a more or less gruesome death.

ATM  - like it or not - zombies are a annoyance while players are the bane. I just adjusted.