Sign in to follow this  
hoopman130

Guns - What Should Be Done?

I know there are probably a hundred other topics on this but in my opinion, there should definitely be more civilian weapons in game. I know that right now guns aren't really a big issue, and i get that, but i feel that if there were more civilian-style weapons there would be less of a KOS mentality that so many people complain day in and day out about. These guns would obviously be much weaker than the military guns, and overall are much less a threat. This way, when you see someone with an M4, and you have a .22 caliber rifle, you may think twice before engaging that person. What do you guys think?

Edited by hoopman130

In all honesty, they are adding more. Coming soon to SA currently, are the Ruger 10/22, the SKS already, Mosins too... the list could go on forever, but for now I think that is pretty fair for the alpha :)

I know there are probably a hundred other topics on this 

/thread

Has been discussed over and over, more weapons will come.

• Like 2

more shotguns ( ;)), but before that, fix the shotgun-snap-loader bug

I would increase the bullets to kill from the M4 to 3-4.

make magnum a bite more accurate.

increase bullets to kill for fnx maybe by 1

leave mosin as it is, make it maybe a bit more accurate/higher velocity, so when the SKS comes out, that the mosin isn't useless.

decrease the ammo spawning for the magnum and m4.

but i think, that we already have civilianguns, like the SKS, Revolver Python, both shotguns, baseballbat, splitting axe

later:

crossbow and ruger (hunting rifle) will be added

http://dayzintel.com/dayz-standalone/weapons-post-what-to-expect

Edited by irishroy

I know there are probably a hundred other topics on this but

then why make another one -.-

*smh*

R.R. Martin says the guns are coming, and they're going to be amazing

• Like 1

moar gunz. they should add Bambi Rageblaster 3000 ™ on spawn.

• Like 1

In my opnion they just have to fix the server hopping thing and much of these weapon problem will be fixed because it's much harder to get an m4 without server hopping...

I never hopp the server and i see very very few m4s... only place i have seen one recently was the ship east of berenzihno.

... or just give us private hives. Orignial hives are just a pain in the ass... everytime i loot the airfield I hear somebody log in and then i have to wait him out to kill that son of a serverhopping bi**ch

More civy weapons are coming.

But some adjustments are needed to damage.

The FNX is EXTREMLY underpowered. 8-shot kill? The python is only 1... For a .45, 4 shots should be good, but drops off fast.

The python should be 2 shot kill.

M4 should be 4-5, and more accurate.

Mosin is good.

Upcoming SKS should be 2.

Ak-74 should be 5.

10/22 should be around 8-9.

And the shotgun needs to be more powerful.

And heres something i think would be hilarious. When you sprint with a Bayonet attached, you keep the gun up, like your charging.

I would just shit myself if 5 guys with mosins charged at me... 

M4 4-5 shot kill?! Im all for balancing weapon damage, but the 5.56 mm round is deadly especially in the 100-200m range. Inside of 200m the M4 should be a 3 shot kill MAX maybe, honestly a 2 shot kill is good. People may say that's overpowered, but there is a reason NATO uses 5.56 mm guns, it is a very effective round. There should probably be more damage drop off at range though, especially beyond 400m. The 5.56 lethality goes way down out at that range.

The python I agree should probably be a 2 shot kill. 

The FNX as a .45 should be deadly at close range, 3 shot kill max, but should loose damage and accuracy real quick, at 50m easily more like 4 shots.

The SKS and AKM/47 are more difficult to balance, they should be less accurate, especially at range than the M4, but do similar damage at around 100m or so, but it should probably keep its damage out to longer range better than an M4 on account of its bigger bullet. So it should be hard to land those 500m shots with it, but it should do some monster damage at that range.

I agree the mosin is almost perfect :) the 7.62x54r is a big nasty round

Define "civilian weapon".

.22 is just as lethal as 5.56 so your argument is invalid.

Edited by Awruk

Get shot with a 5.56 and a .22 and tell us which on hurts more. The answer I'd bet (not from personal experience) is that they both hurt a hell of a lot.

.22 and 5.56 equally lethal?! Explain that one.

By that logic, a nuke and knife are equally lethal

You should never try logic again. If I stab you 50 times in the face what % less dead are you going to be than if I dropped a nuke on you?

Also they add like 3 new weapons every patch and people are crying that they need to add more weapons? Also the "tons of people" complaining about KoS all day are the 2% of players who sucked so bad at the game they ragequit and spend all their time here crying about the 1 guy who killed them 1 time. Everyone else is busy actually playing ... even the people who don't KoS.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 1

.22 should be very effective within 50, maybe 70 meters. After that, it shouldn't be too effective, except for headshots on people with no helmets.

Ballistic armor should stop a .22 bullet with little to no effect to the victim at any range, so it should be ineffective against someone who is armored. On an unarmored head, the .22 round does a ton of damage. The bullet doesn't exit, but kinda bounces around, scrambling the brain.

source: I've been hunting using the .22lr round for 15+ years.

Edited by Gladius270

Both can kill a human if they strike a vital area.

This doesn't make them equally lethal at any range.

You don't think a person can die from .22? With modern firearms it's more important who shoots first, not who has bigger cannon. It's not some fantasy katana vs medieval sword bullshit. Human body is equally fragile to all calibers.

Both can kill a human if they strike a vital area.

This doesn't make them equally lethal at any range.

That's why when you are sporting .22 and are not borderline retarded you should wait for better opportunity to strike an opponent that has a better weapon.

You should never try logic again. If I stab you 50 times in the face what % less dead are you going to be than if I dropped a nuke on you?

Also they add like 3 new weapons every patch and people are crying that they need to add more weapons? Also the "tons of people" complaining about KoS all day are the 2% of players who sucked so bad at the game they ragequit and spend all their time here crying about the 1 guy who killed them 1 time. Everyone else is busy actually playing ... even the people who don't KoS.

Yeah, but it took you 50 stabs, it only takes one nuke.

My point is saying two things are equally lethal because they both can kill is silly.

If you shoot 2 people in the chest from say 50m away, one with a .22 and one with a 5.56, which one suffers worse injury? Which one is more likely to die if treated? Which one dies faster if untreated?

You don't think a person can die from .22? With modern firearms it's more important who shoots first, not who has bigger cannon. It's not some fantasy katana vs medieval sword bullshit. Human body is equally fragile to all calibers.

That's why when you are sporting .22 and are not borderline retarded you should wait for better opportunity to strike an opponent that has a better weapon.

I didn't say that a person can't die from a .22. They very much can. But there is a real difference in the amount of actually injury cause by different caliber rounds, the human body is not equally fragile to all calibers.

If it was, the military wouldn't be wasting its time with bigger calibers

Can we just agree that the 5.56 is a more efficient round for killing at any sort of extended range? Point blank, we're not talking too much of a difference if there is no body armor involved, on an unsuspecting target.

Why 4 shot kill for the M4? There needs to be room for other rounds to be more effective. It already takes around 6 shots if the guy has any sort of heavy clothing on, anyway.

I know there are probably a hundred other topics on this but in my opinion, there should definitely be more civilian weapons in game. I know that right now guns aren't really a big issue, and i get that, but i feel that if there were more civilian-style weapons there would be less of a KOS mentality that so many people complain day in and day out about. These guns would obviously be much weaker than the military guns, and overall are much less a threat. This way, when you see someone with an M4, and you have a .22 caliber rifle, you may think twice before engaging that person. What do you guys think?

I was gonna say you could always throw the guns in a fire and get rid of them. But than you might have something like this pop up......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfflB3Uj5Qk

When you say that the civilian guns should be a lot weaker than the military guns, then you do realize that two identical 7.62 bullets fired from two different guns will do the same damage to a human body.

Another little note is that it is only in the movies and some games that you hit what you like hip firing full auto.

Why 4 shot kill for the M4? There needs to be room for other rounds to be more effective. It already takes around 6 shots if the guy has any sort of heavy clothing on, anyway.

I can understand wanting to balance for other weapons, so make it a 3 shot kill, and and anything short of Kevlar should have almost 0 effect on the damage of high velocity rounds. You can put a dozen shirts on and its not gonna help against a 5.56 round. Even Kevlar does little at lower ranges. What bullets would you want then to be 2 and 3 shot kills if the m4 is a 4 shot kill? The 7.62x51/.308? That thing should be a one shot kill at anything inside of 800m, and anything bigger than that, is a 1 shot kill.

Edit: I guess what I would do, is fill the 4 shot kill void with PDW style weapons such as the P90. That to me seems perfect for a 4 shot kill weapon, and then you can leave the M4 a 3 shot kill, but make it effected less by anything but higher grade armor. Meaning it should be a 3 shot kill regardless of what cloths hes wearing unless its like military grade Kevlar with ballistic plates

Edited by jffr363

When you say that the civilian guns should be a lot weaker than the military guns, then you do realize that two identical 7.62 bullets fired from two different guns will do the same damage to a human body.

Another little note is that it is only in the movies and some games that you hit what you like hip firing full auto.

There aren't guns that shoot identical 7.62 rounds in the game. Sure, the bullet itself is the same, but the 7.62x59r (mosin) and the 7.62x39 (SKS/AK47) are much different. the 7.62x59r has much more gunpowder behind it.