Dcknipe

Bambi's Knocking Out Geared Players.

The knock out level in this game is ridiculous.  Even professional fighters, who hit lethally hard at their size, aren't able to have the success rates on knock downs exhibited in this game.

I have done some boxing in my past, and pro or semi-pro fighters hit unbelievably hard.  Your average Joe of the street on the other hand can hit and hurt you, but nobody is getting knocked out with a jab or cross at the rate seen here.

That said, if a new spawn gets anywhere within 10 feet of me I tell them to back off.  If they don't, they get shot.

if one person is not avare of the punsh is coming its nearly almost a knokout. i have exsperiens that myself. and im apselutly no boxer. and im not even strong

Know how to 'balance' this? Broken hands/wrists. You hit someone hard enough to knock them out when they're wearing a helmet/gasmask/whatever? With your bare hand? You're probably going to feel that shit.

yes that seems a little wierd:-)

well you only need a clean hit to the chin. an clean uppercut hit to the chin will know you out. 

sorry my bad. i did think you was talking of real life lol

God, no it won't.  Seriously, go to a gym and try some of this shit out before using soap opera logic to justify stupid game mechanics.

God, no it won't.  Seriously, go to a gym and try some of this shit out before using soap opera logic to justify stupid game mechanics.

well i look at ufc. boxing osv. i have also seen some figths on the street. i have one hittet i guy myself ffs. i think you have been looking to mush movies where they take like 50-60 kicks and punces to the head and only starts bleeding lol. lol the most funny part is that you claim to have been doing some boxing yourself and som semi pro figths and still you refuse to se this commen known fact:-)

Edited by plation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9irBi245jZw

this is what happen when your not preperd

its even worse if you dont se the punch comming. your not mentaliy preperd then.

you ofen se in boxing figths that ther more easly knocked out the first rounds. as the more hits you get the more ressesiten to punches but you also get more tierd ofc

so its total realsitic that you can 1-3 punsh a guy in dayz. but not whit the helmet on. thats not realsitic as you will more likely hurt your hand more then doing damage to the man

Edited by plation

the youtuber frankieonpc coined the term "bambi" for new, unexperienced players. it went from a funny connotation to an unnervingly overused phrase, mostly pronounced by self-proclaimed veterans, looking down on new players doing newb stuff. it has nothing to do with being a freshspawn though.

nowadays if a player uses this term, he either wants to appear to others as a veteran, condescendingly looking down on new players, or he uses this term because he saw others use it, but has no idea about its meaning - nicely demonstrated in this thread where people refer to freshspawns as "bambis"..

so "bambi" has basically become another linguistic ulcer like "yolo" or "swag", metastasizing through social media, disconnected from its original meaning

so yeah, dont use "bambi" because cancer.

this may constitute a rant on my part. just sayin'.

Bambi players are new players to the game. They may be fresh spawns but generally think of a baby deer. They cross and follow roads ,they get wide eyed when approached and may be easily spooked and or taken advantage of. People hunt them for sport and I never see the term as really a derogatory term when a player truly is new to the game and does certain actions. We think of playstyles in this game ever since the mod when the term was coined. We have bambi players,survivors,heros,bandits,murders and so on really. Nothing wrong with using the term as long as you know a player truly is new to the game. 

I can't believe people are complaining about bambi's knocking out fully geared players. First everyone is either up in arms about KoSing or they're loving it since they play bandit all day everyday but now bandits want to get pissed about getting punched. Seriously? Take a fist to the face & please simmer down. smh

• Like 1

"bambi" -the guy who created that term is a damn bambi, always using a super high end system with pro gaming equipment vs guys on laptops sometimes.

"Framerate is life"

personally, POS is a shit tactic for cretins. Yeah KOS is bad, but what the fuck do you think would happen if DayZ went real life? Some will kill for fun yes, but thats what makes this a SURVIVAL GAME. I don't consider myself a Bandit, but the fact of the matter is , i didnt KOS fresh pawns ( usually) without reason,unitl i met more brown nugget stains like Dcknipe. I dont think it will ruin the game, but the whole fucking point is to go out and SURVIVE, not act like a cracked out detroit hobo. Dcknipe, im glad you admit it, yes you are a scumbag, but more than that your lazy in a fucking VIDEO GAME. That sort of speaks volumes about you on and off DayZ. Its fucking bullshit that i spent hours gearing up, looting, trying to figure out where those damn woods end, to get punched out by some shitbrained child who is too lazy or stupid to actually explore and enjoy the game. You wanna punch people in the fucking face all day? Go play tekken or something. Better yet get off your fucking worthless ass, join a gym and start boxing if you love it that much. An actual firefight with other geared players is a million times more enjoyable  then what virtual methaddicts like to do. Banditry is fun also, but Karma is a huge bitch and you'll get got eventually. Ive made some pretty good friends by deciding against shooting a fresh spawn and that has made this game a hundred times better. So in conclusion, Dcknipe or whatever the fuck you call yourself now, you ( and players like you) are pathetic, sad and as annoying as a tick lodged in my taint. Yeah you have your few minutes of bloodsucking, but eventually when i have nothing better to do than pick my own ass, I will find you and I will kill you. Shithead...

@Firstbornchicken

Eat shit you ignorant, fingerpointing duche bag. I wasn't even born in america, but I fucking LOVE this country. I have the distinct honor and privilage of serving in her armed forces, and when I see stupid little comments like yours based off of ignorance, cowardice and just plain "cuz you a bitch" mentality, i want to find you in real life, put an IBA on your pussy ass and drop you in the middle Helmand province you fucking pussy. Don't ever talk shit about my country again you hatefilled, ignorant troll.

*apologize for using the term m*******d, I was pissed and a little heated. Thought it meant something else entirely. I apologize for my ignorance.

@thane, why are you watching morons impersonate black people on youtube??? lol, seems like a waste of time.

Edited by bodycount02
  • Like 1

The only people i've ever met who use the term mongoloid are those racist trolls on youtube trying to impersonate black people to make them look bad.

A country is just a area of land with fictional line drawn around it and if you dislike other countries, as if life were a fucking football game, or because we all have differing economic and political systems because we just stepped out of stone age, then you are one ignorant sob.

I hope you are IP banned.

Edited by Thane
  • Like 1

You people realize these are the people of Chernarus? They eat bullets for breakfast and spit napalm made from vodka.

• Like 2

Maybe if the geared players weren't such tossers they wouldn't get knocked out.

I never shoot new spawns, I mean, what's the point ? Saw 3 of them running across a field the other day while I was scoping out

a town. Like little bunny rabbits they were, I had a bit of a Simon & Garfunkle bright eyes moment.

This one's for the bambies:

Edited by zaphodity

what were you trying to post zaph?

@Thane, stop being so bitter man, obviously I made a dumb mistake.  So dramatic....... :o

@Gandalf how is that a " legitimate survival tactic" ? Im not asking to be a sarcastic prick, I just want to know how you would define it.

Didn't read all the 6 pages of jibber-jabber. But...

1) If you PoS you're kind of a douchebag unless the guy did something to deserve it.

2) If you're armed, don't be a dumbfuck and get knocked out by a fresh spawn.

That is all.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 2

Didn't read all the 6 pages of jibber-jabber. But...

1) If you PoS you're kind of a douchebag unless the guy did something to deserve it.

2) If you're armed, don't be a dumbfuck and get knocked out by a fresh spawn.

That is all.

Well put, have my beans!

Here's what you should take from this thread everyone:

Shoot Dcknipe on sight.

• Like 1

well i look at ufc. boxing osv. i have also seen some figths on the street. i have one hittet i guy myself ffs. i think you have been looking to mush movies wear they take like 50-60 kicks and punces to the head and only starts bleeding lol. lol the most funny part is that you claim to have been doing some boxing yourself and som semi pro figths and still you refuse to se this commen known fact:-)

Yes, look at boxing and UFC.  Rarely is anyone knocked out by one shots that aren't sweeping haymakers.  Uppercuts are powerful, but they are landed fairly often without someone going facedown for 15 seconds.

The strikes that are thrown in Dayz are jabs and crosses, both straight punches.  Neither are "knockout" strikes, though a good cross can stun.  The main problem is that there is no "unprepared" status in this game.  Generally, you are staring at the guy trying to knock you out.  This isn't some barroom sucker punch.  The game essentially has 165 pound men straight punching other men with ridiculous amounts of knockout potential.

I am not trying to pretend to be an expert here.  I am speaking from the position of someone who boxed in the past (kick boxing, but still boxing) and who has taught karate.  Unlike in most movies and soap operas, it is highly unusual to knock out a person.  By knockout I mean the kind of knock out the game has where the guy is laid completely out.  There is no stun mechanic, just punched and bloody or flat out smoked.  It is a ridiculous mechanic and leads to the sort of hell for bear assaults by bambis that are so annoying.

what were you trying to post zaph?

@Thane, stop being so bitter man, obviously I made a dumb mistake.  So dramatic....... :o

@Gandalf how is that a " legitimate survival tactic" ? Im not asking to be a sarcastic prick, I just want to know how you would define it.

Is there any thread or rulebook that says you can't POS a geared player as a fresh spawn? No

Are you stupid if you are geared and go to a coastal city and you still managed to get knocked the fuck out by a freshspawn? Absolutley

The point is that there is no set of conduct to obey by when it comes to survival. Kill or be killed, or in this case punched or be shot.

Here's what you should take from this thread everyone:

Shoot Dcknipe on sight.

Yes please, I play on the Orcz server or the CQF server.

All I see is people complaining about another legitimate survival tactic.

Which is ironic when a lot of these Rocky wannabe's probably run to the forums complaining about being a victim of KoS, because people are sick of being punched in the head by ungeared or low-geared players who act psychotic just because they have nothing to lose.

The people complaining about PoS are absolutely hilarious, talk about getting a taste of your own medicine. 

The people complaining about PoS are absolutely hilarious, talk about getting a taste of your own medicine. 

Bambis have tried to knock me out just for offering them food and water, they just can't be trusted any more.

i think its ok but not if you are wearing any protective head gear... i doubt this would be possible with a bike helmet on but if there is someone without just make it a 1/3 chance thing of nocking someone out.

Yea the other day as I'm walking into the Berezino school I see blood dripping from the third floor. I head up the stairs to investigate and there are 2 guys. One with a mosin pointing at me and the other guy crouched bleeding. He told me to get the fuck out, I acted like I was going back downstairs, put my fists up than did the famous wing chan run. Knocked out the first guy with the mosin, the second guy was in the middle of bandaing himself, also knocked the poor fella out. Looted their stuff finished the job if you know what i mean, ran downstairs and immiadetly starting getting shot from the side door to the coast. I ran out the other way did a loop around some building came back, saw that the guy shooting me went to the top of the school. I Climbed the ladder ( sneaky me) and sure enough he was trying to loot his buds. POW I drop the guy cold where he stood. Prob my best bambi story lol.

too bad it never happened :)