darkrider400

Vehicles (Planning)

When vehicles get to being finally worked on, are the vehicles going to be the same Make/Model or will there be different vehicles other than PoS Skoda's, Lada's, and other crap too slow to race a sloth?

When vehicles get to being finally worked on, are the vehicles going to be the same Make/Model or will there be different vehicles other than PoS Skoda's, Lada's, and other crap too slow to race a sloth?

I would assume SOME new cars but most would be from the mod considering this is taking place in Russia.

I am guessing summer, it will most likely (at least vehicles with engines) be one of the "last" features they implement.

Edited by weedmasta

They will be slow, cumbersome, bad offroad and difficult to hide. Except mabe for the odd UAZ or Lada. Finding the parts for them and keeping them going (fuel) will be a difficult task for a large group, let alone a lone-wolf or a small group of 3. Oh and they'll be few too hopefully. Yes they'll be mostly Russian made ones too, so no Hello Kitty Pink SUVs ;)

Fucking awesome if you ask me

Edited by Zarniwoop

My guess, is as with the guns and other items, vehicles will be done from scratch, so while we may end up with similar vehicles as the mod(due to the setting), I imagine they will not be exactly the same as the mod.

I dont care what the cars look like, as long as we get some human powered ones first. Bikes and skateboards and rollerblades and scooters need to come out soon, if they plan on having them

• Like 1

Go into the game pbo's and all the names are there and its the same lada's and such from the mod. There is one that I never saw before, can't remember the name though.

When they add vehicles whats going to end up happening is a couple people per server are going to rush to get them and as soon as they get them a massive horde of players are going to swarm to their location if they go anywhere near a city with it. The reason why this wasn't a problem in the mod is because there were a lot of vehicles and they were expendable, in Standalone I assume they would be both loud and rare, not what you want to put your entire group in.

Thats why when the add bikes I am hesitant on using them for the first couple weeks because having a bike when they first come out I feel like is going to be asking to get shot.

They will be slow, cumbersome, bad offroad and difficult to hide. Except mabe for the odd UAZ or Lada. Finding the parts for them and keeping them going (fuel) will be a difficult task for a large group, let alone a lone-wolf or a small group of 3. Oh and they'll be few too hopefully. Yes they'll be mostly Russian made ones too, so no Hello Kitty Pink SUVs ;)

Fucking awesome if you ask me

Shut your face. There will be 1000 vehicles per server, deal with it. Grand Theft DayZ.

Shut your face. There will be 1000 vehicles per server, deal with it. Grand Theft DayZ.

Sadly once modding is introduced that will be the norm. People are silly. Please be nicer in future. 

there should be a ton of vehicles. cars dont just dissapear because humans have been almost completely wiped out. vehicles would be everywhere clogging roads, bridges, etc. the only thing that should be rare as far as vehicles go is fuel, and fuel should be the most rare resource in the game.

Edited by hellcat420

I agree cars should be plentiful, but maintaining one and running one should be a right pain in the arse.

I agree cars should be plentiful, but maintaining one and running one should be a right pain in the arse.

maintenence wouldnt be difficult. there would be plenty of vehicles to scavange extra parts from.  finding fuel would be the difficult part.

Yes. One of those. 

If you people honestly think fuel would be extremely hard to come by, you're just making yourself out to be a fool. Gas stations have massive tanks built under the pumps that hold thousands of gallons of fuel. In a world with a zombie apocalypse, there's probably what, only five percent of the population left? If not less. I have, in my entire life, seen only ONCE a gas station being refueled by a tanker truck. :P

If you people honestly think fuel would be extremely hard to come by, you're just making yourself out to be a fool. Gas stations have massive tanks built under the pumps that hold thousands of gallons of fuel. In a world with a zombie apocalypse, there's probably what, only five percent of the population left? If not less. I have, in my entire life, seen only ONCE a gas station being refueled by a tanker truck. :P

other than teh fact that i see gas stations get refueled at least once a week, gasoline does not have a long shelf life. sure there will be plenty of it around, but most of it will be useless.

• Like 1

other than teh fact that i see gas stations get refueled at least once a week, gasoline does not have a long shelf life. sure there will be plenty of it around, but most of it will be useless.

Seriously, once a week? The only time I have ever seen one was mid-day. I guess I didn't take in account to shelf life. BUT IT'S A GAME GOD DAMN IT.

Yea, in the zombie invasion, most wouldnt have the time to drive off in their car and use up all their gas. Plenty of parts from other vehicles, gasoline in gas tanks everywhere, pristine vehicles in garages, fucked up vehicles driven into buildings... I mean, come on. One could even turn a lawn mower into a go-kart... Vehicles should be everywhere, and they should be Mad Max style, with guns and spear tow launchers and spikes and what not. 

Seriously, once a week? The only time I have ever seen one was mid-day. I guess I didn't take in account to shelf life. BUT IT'S A GAME GOD DAMN IT.

yes seriously, and that is just one gas station, i see the other 5 gas stations getting refueled fairly often as well.

I have, in my entire life, seen only ONCE a gas station being refueled by a tanker truck.  :P

Maybe you just haven't been there when they've been filled up enough. Urban petrol stations get restocked daily, and that's refilling every fuel type they provide. The underground tanks have about a 75,000 litre capacity for the more common fuel types like low octane petrol. They slowly decrese in size to the smallest tank, holding Diesel, at about 23,000 litres. Stations sell enough fuel DAILY to drain approximately 140,000 litres of fuel.

Yea sure, some of the less urban stations may have more fuel in them, but maybe they weren't restocked on the day of the outbreak? Who knows? Dean knows.

I would like to see some diesel-powered engines, not just for the diesel, but more for the fact that they can run off of high proof alcohols with the proper filter. Yet another reason why moonshine will become a de-facto currency in the post-apocalypse.

Seriously, I know a guy who built a motorcycle out of a regular bike, a diesel lawnmower engine, and about 30 gallons of whiskey a week. Thing can haul ass, too, though it chokes and bangs like a motherfucker.

People are forgetting this is not america, or australia, or anywhere with a large population of drivers, one of the devs said if they were to do a map based on an american setting, they would have a more heavy vehicle count, for this though, vehicles are less common.

Russia has a pretty cold climate, and since its a survival setting it would be more logic imho that the fuel

from the cars remaining would be used to burn fires in heaters etc to keep warm.

So probably hardly any gasoline left in the rusty carcasses that will remain.

Carbatteries would be taken out massivly to use for keeping some electrical devices working.

How else would people check their facebook after the apocalypse ;)

The steel would be stripped off to serve for various new purposes

(fortifying sheds, making underground huts, armor, weapons, tools, etc, etc)

Same goes for the rubber of the tires, endless ways to recycle that into stuff thats more practical to have then a vroom vroom honk honk machine!

And eventually the fuel supply will run drier then a nun's.....*selfcensored before risking a ban for "dirty" language*

And then?

You've become lazy and fat for driving around, making yourself an easier prey for zombies and perhaps even for cannibalistic bandits on selfcooked crocodile (russian meth, but even worse side effects, for it eats your skin!)

Therefor I pray for sabotaging opportunities for the running lone wolfs.

Running keeps your body in shape, cars obviously dont , unless you make a Flintstone version of m.

There's a country in this world which proofs my point for it has the most cars and also the most obese people ; do the math! ;)

Making a timer on a selfmade bomb is pretty easy with use of everyday items that could be looted in houses.

So for all those carlovers : better check the bottom of your car, fueltank and engine first before going on another

"look-at-us-we-got-car-cruising" raid.

Or better, dont , and let those who choose to run enjoy some spectaculair fireworks of exploding car/body parts

Please developers : let the lone wolf and hunting survivalists have at least some opportunities to destroy or damage vehicles also.

Would love to dig out a huge pitfall for those roaring machines that scare away the wildlife we will so need

to survive!

Skis would be nice though once the snow starts to fall....