roflcopter127@yahoo.com

If I Spawn In Solnichniy One More Time I'll Puke.

Well, I agree.

I think they put military loot in too many place on the map, then forced everyone to spawn in the 1 - 3 places that DON'T have military loot. There are not enough spawns, end of story.

Find more places to spawn us, I don't care if they have military loot or not, just let me spawn somewhere aside from the stupid East coast.

Hi.

While I understand and respect you p.o.v. surviving and taking time to get geared is a big part of what DayZ is about. It really isn't meant as an instant action death match game. Best way to avoid spawning in the east is to avoid dieing in the first place.

Not trying to sound like a douche, but maybe DayZ really isn't the best game for you. At least not in its current form. It definitely isn't for everyone, it can be very time consuming and tedious, then with a snap of the fingers it's all gone lol. I know if I didn't like it, I would be playing something else for sure.

Regards.

• Like 2

You say "yet" now and make me look like a douche bag....

Fair enough.........

Ill go crawl back into my hole.

My sincere apologies, I think I came off too hostile in my original post, thus making a lot of hostile responses thus making me even more hostile. I'm sorry. 

Didn't mean to sound so ass-ish , just trying to make an opinion post, shouldn't have done it in a bad mood :)

• Like 3

The only reason I'd side with you and complain about this is because i've died like FIFTY TIMES when I spawn.

People started fresh spawn camping so I'd hop servers aaand, more fresh spawn camping. When I didn't get camped, and spent like 2 hours travelling to electro, sniped. Go north, find nothing. Go to NEAF, sniped.

It's the only reason I've resorted to freshspawning in night servers. I'm sick of travelling 3 hours to balota, only to die and spawn ALLLLL the way back...

"As we all know, people are drawn to the coast because there is nice loot and heavy player interaction"

Nice loot? At the coast?

BWAHAHAHA!

My good Sir, I fear you have not actually been playing DayZ. The coast is shit for loot; there's not much in the way of high value stuff and what is there gets picked clean pretty damn quick. If you want some decent stuff, you need to travel. Mind you, if the trip from Solnichniy to Berezino is a bit too strenuous for you (it's less than ten minutes of sprinting) then there's probably not much chance of you getting to anywhere decent without feeling the need to piss and moan on the forums about it.  ;)

My sincere apologies, I think I came off too hostile in my original post, thus making a lot of hostile responses thus making me even more hostile. I'm sorry. 

Didn't mean to sound so ass-ish , just trying to make an opinion post, shouldn't have done it in a bad mood :)

All goooooooooooooooood

"As we all know, people are drawn to the coast because there is nice loot and heavy player interaction"

Nice loot? At the coast?

BWAHAHAHA!

My good Sir, I fear you have not actually been playing DayZ. The coast is shit for loot; there's not much in the way of high value stuff and what is there gets picked clean pretty damn quick. If you want some decent stuff, you need to travel. Mind you, if the trip from Solnichniy to Berezino is a bit too strenuous for you (it's less than ten minutes of sprinting) then there's probably not much chance of you getting to anywhere decent without feeling the need to piss and moan on the forums about it.  ;)

No joke... Hell I'm not even sure it's 5 minutes sprint...

You have legs, use them.

very true, but not all of us have hours upon hours to devote solely to running.... i work 12 hours a day.. get anywhere from 1-2 hours a day to play... taking 15-20 minutes just to get anywhere to start looting.. kind of bogs down alot of the time i DO have to play.. try writing something more constructive next time. maybe take into account that some of us wish we could play more, but are constricted by time management.. i completely agree with this post, even if you have all the time in the world to play. IT TAKES FOREVER TO GET ANYWHERE!

very true, but not all of us have hours upon hours to devote solely to running.... i work 12 hours a day.. get anywhere from 1-2 hours a day to play... taking 15-20 minutes just to get anywhere to start looting.. kind of bogs down alot of the time i DO have to play.. try writing something more constructive next time. maybe take into account that some of us wish we could play more, but are constricted by time management.. i completely agree with this post, even if you have all the time in the world to play. IT TAKES FOREVER TO GET ANYWHERE!

Suggestion: Don't die so often? :D

• Like 1

I'm sorry, there's something wrong with taking 15-20 minutes to travel out of 60-120 minutes of play time? Did I miss something? I also work 12 hours a day, by the way.

There's just no argument for those with limited play time to do things when it doesn't take that long to actually get anywhere unless you're running from east coast to NWAF, and even then at that distance it's not bad. And the point of the game is that it takes time to do things.

• Like 1

Thank you kindly Sir :) Also I love jumping off the water tank at Solnichniy. Today as I was running towards it for the 3rd time, a black lady stopped me and tried to talk me out of jumping. While she was climbing up with me she somehow glitched out of the ladder and fell to her death :D

I hate spawning there because it has turned new lives into a routine. Spawn, run west to Elektro's east fire hall, and then go north or west from there. The first few hours of a life are very repetitive. Also, since almost every other new spawn blazes the same trail, there is normally very little loot to find in Elektro. That has been my experience anyway. 

Spawn location variety would vastly improve the first few hours of play for me by encouraging me to visit different parts of the map. I know it will come eventually, but the sooner the better. 

On the other hand, three other new spawns jumped me in Solnichniy and I boxed them on the water tower. (I was going to jump anyway.) Luckily I was able to drop one of them before going down!

Edited by Nastradamus87
  • Like 1

I believe this is one of the exact reason, NOBODY recommends you to either buy it or play it yet mate.
Give it 6 months, come back and see what has happened.

Because right now, you are yelling at a dead cat, for not moving tbh :)
I understand you are frustrated, but this is not ment to be played yet, its purely ment for testing (NOT FUN)

Everytime we get bored and come to solnychny to help freshys, shit escalates rather quickly. Love going there :D It means sudden death but also glorious victorys.

I guess the spawns will change during alpha once more.

Why, in a video game that's supposed to be fun, should I have to set aside 20 minutes to run somewhere to have fun... Can't I spawn somewhere where I can have fun?

Nope, play something else if you want that. When you've spent time doing something, you don't want to feel like you've wasted that time, which adds to the tense nature of dayz. Player interactions are only fun because either of you could be dead in the next 5 minutes, and the idea is that you want to stay alive. If you could simply respawn 20 meters away it defeats the entire purpose.  

"Solnichney would be fine if there was a military base or city nearby" - there is a big town nearby, mostly filled with gear at all times, it's called polana, go there or continue whinging. 

"either way, you waste 20 minutes of your time to get to a reasonable location only to be shot, because the best cities are the closest to the current spawns" -  obviously they aren't the best cities if going there carries a near certain chance of death, stop going there, or continue whinging. 

"the fact that I spawn in the same place 4 times in a row is both ridiculous and immersion-killing" - No, the fact that you respawn at all is ridiculous and immersion killing. Spawning in a city wouldn't make it any more immersive, it'd just give you what you want, deal with it, or continue whinging. 

"at it's current state, with zombies being easy to kill, low in numbers, no animals and weather/sickness taking almost no toll, this game is pvp oriented whether we want it to be or not." - you're right, it is PVP oriented, that doesn't mean that encouraging players to only populate 10% of the map is a good business strategy. just because it's an alpha doesn't mean that the game should become a short term deathmatch because you can't handle holding "w", get used to it, stop playing and wait, or continue whinging. (while i'm aware it kind of already is, it doesn't mean it should be designed around that fact.)

"So in my opinion, since Dayz is most fun when interacting with other players at the moment, why spawn us so far away from places to get loot and meet people, and why spawn me there 6 times in a row"  - That's a fair opinion, and if that's what you enjoy doing, definitely go do it. The reason we aren't all spawning in electro is because Dayz is meant to encourage player interaction in a survival scenario, meaning people need to be desperate, untrusting, manipulative, cruel, and obviously sometimes just nice guys. The best way to achieve this outcome is to make sure that all players are scared of something, in this case, dying and having to run 20 minutes to get back. Obviously if you can't deal with the consequences of dying, then why are you playing this game? 

And if you're such an avid interactor of players, why would you want to cheapen the experience by giving yourself nothing to lose? 

I'm aware that i haven't been the friendliest of forum goers in this response, but it just seems so obvious to me, and frankly this forum could do with a cleanup of all the whingethreads and shit ideas designed to turn this game into what individuals want, rather than what it's going to be. You're playing an alpha, so yes, it's gonna be a bit barebones, if you don't like it, don't play. Come back when there's more content and maybe you'll have a less shite time. 

• Like 2

my first post needs a tl;dr so 

"So in my opinion, since Dayz is most fun when interacting with other players at the moment, why spawn us so far away from places to get loot and meet people, and why spawn me there 6 times in a row"  - That's a fair opinion, and if that's what you enjoy doing, definitely go do it. The reason we aren't all spawning in electro is because Dayz is meant to encourage player interaction in a survival scenario, meaning people need to be desperate, untrusting, manipulative, cruel, and obviously sometimes just nice guys. The best way to achieve this outcome is to make sure that all players are scared of something, in this case, dying and having to run 20 minutes to get back. Obviously if you can't deal with the consequences of dying, then why are you playing this game? 

And if you're such an avid interactor of players, why would you want to cheapen the experience by giving yourself nothing to lose? 

I am, actually, so glad that the game is not the way you want it (spawining close to nice loot, etc.). That's a survival game, like it or not, it will be even more survival in future and the trend is that, as there will be more crafting, there will be less weapon spawns and that's exactly how it should be. Spawning points are currently very reasonable and if you don't like how hard it is to start up new character, please ALT+F4 and install quake. Thank you.

Spawned at Solnichniy 3 times in the 2 hours I played at the weekend. ArmA'd once, failed at 4 Vs. 1 Zombie Boxing and Mosin'd from afar once near Dolina.

If you don't server hop to find loot, you're currently face with following the herd up or down the coast into cities full of geared KoS Kiddies or head inland in the hope that the 20 players who also had this idea since the last restart left a can of cola and some rags behind.

Currently near Guglovo having searched every single structure on the way West and only found a pink baseball cap and a hammer.

Fully expect character to have been wiped again by the time I can log back in on Saturday, at which point I'll go and play something else for a while.

And yes, I am fully aware the game is in an Alpha state, but when playing in my preferred solitary survivor way becomes a chore; it stops being a game and becomes work.

I never feel the need to server hop to find loot. You are obviously going to the wrong/obvious places.

Well, the starting area is now spreading form south Berezino to Kamyshovo.

So yeah, solnichniy, located between those two towns is kinda the worst place to spawn. But considering the multiples ponds available in that area, you can easily drink water and sprint 10min straight to one of those towns. 

• Like 1

This only comes off as "whining" because whether or not it bothers solely you, I know a lot of people have similar complaints and problems and its inhibiting me from enjoying this game when I have to set aside half an hour to simply get somewhere where I can actually have fun. Not everyone can sit at their computer for 4 hours running around to the best loot or spots.  I'd like at least the ability to spawn somewhere more than the East coast.

Perhaps you should play another game then. Instant gratification is definitely not one of the aims of this one.

Waaaaaaah Now I have to explore and run to find supplies.

Waahhhhh I can no longer just roam the coast and use up 3 percent of the surface area of the map.

Wahhhhhhh

• Like 4

Lol, NEAF is 10 minutes sprint away, man the fuck up and stop killing yourself. 

Loot isn't supposed to be easy to get. 

• Like 1

I typically only puke when I eat rotten bananas. Spawning in solnichny doesn't bother me so much :D