roflcopter127@yahoo.com

If I Spawn In Solnichniy One More Time I'll Puke.

Whilst I realize the spawning is still being balanced, I still feel the need to say that the spawning system drastically decreases my enjoyment of this game.

It was decent before, when you could spawn in various locations around the south and east coast, but since the spawning has been changed, I seem to only spawn at places like Solnichniy and areas around here.  It would be alright if there was a large city or military base nearby, but there's not, so it isn't.  (I suppose you could count Berenzino, but for a person who enjoys player interaction as much as the environment, moving farther North only means more running later on.)  

Spawns on the east coast are terrible besides the unusual Oatmel (Close to Elektro) or Berenzino spawn.  It'd be much more enjoyable if you could spawn at literally any city on the map, (In the lower 50-60% perhaps) and it briefly tells you where you are, so that you can try to navigate from there.  As we all know, people are drawn to the coast because there is nice loot and heavy player interaction, so I feel the loot needs to be enhanced 10 fold in the far North and spawns need to be more sparadic around the map, as to drift away from the normal "Oh I spawned at Solnichniy/On the East coast, I can either run for 20 minutes to find a reasonable looting location or kill myself and spawn again." Either way, you waste 20 minutes of your time to get to a reasonable location only to be shot because the best cities are the closest to the current spawns.

Something needs to be drastically changed in the spawning/looting, the fact that I spawn in the same place 4 times in a row is both ridiculous and immersion-killing. 

I know or glorious Dayz dev team is working hard, but is it that hard to change the spawns around a little so I'm not forced to either commit suicide so I don't have to run for 20 minutes,.. or run 20 minutes.

I realize some people are content with the spawns and they can simply run into the forest and "live off the land and random northern cities, like Dayz is supposed to be played!" but this only applies to a handful of people and at its current state, with zombies being easy to kill, low in numbers, no animals and weather/sickness taking almost no toll, this game is a PVP oriented game whether we want it to or not. (I must again emphasize that PVP does not completely mean killing, but simply interactions.) 

So in my opinion, since Dayz is most fun when interacting with other players at the moment, why spawn us so far away from places to get loot and meet people, and why spawn me there 6 times in a row. 

Edited by Lockdown127
  • Like 9

Stop whining. Berezino and the NEAF are right nearby.

In the mod, Balota was pretty useless to loot, and everyone faced a run inland to the Stary tents, NWAF, and the Berezino tents if they felt like getting away from people.

• Like 1

So do I, nearly 90% of respawning location is in solnichniy. The spawning location that is the most close to the west, is the east of Msta.
Which take me 15~20 minutes to rejoin my friends.

TLDR (well past like the third sentance). I will agree with you though. I seem to have spawned on the Southeast coast every time since last patch. It does get old after a while. They'll fix it.. 

pheww.... totally over it now.  :P

edit: gave you the benefit of the doubt and read the entire thing... I absolutely don't agree with you that you should be able to spawn in any city you want. There needs to be some randomness to it (although that is temporarily an obvious unintentional issue). And I don't agree that they should tell you where you spawn. I am by no means an old salty dog of dayz, yet I can seem to figure out where I'm at in under a few minutes 9 out of 10 times.. and that 10th time, it takes me under ten minutes tops. It's part of the survival experience.

Just not feeling this to be a rant worthy issue. good luck with that.

Edited by wolf-mind

This only comes off as "whining" because whether or not it bothers solely you, I know a lot of people have similar complaints and problems and its inhibiting me from enjoying this game when I have to set aside half an hour to simply get somewhere where I can actually have fun. Not everyone can sit at their computer for 4 hours running around to the best loot or spots.  I'd like at least the ability to spawn somewhere more than the East coast.

• Like 2

Puking is natures way of telling you to stop eating paint chips.

• Like 4

I seem to only spawn at places like Solnichniy and areas around here. It would be alright if there was a large city or military base nearby, but there's not, so it isn't.

You have legs, use them.

• Like 1

You have legs, use them.

Why, in a video game that's supposed to be fun, should I have to set aside 20 minutes to run somewhere to have fun... Can't I spawn somewhere where I can have fun?

My apologies, didn't realize it looked so atrocious! Edited :)

Thank you kindly Sir :) Also I love jumping off the water tank at Solnichniy. Today as I was running towards it for the 3rd time, a black lady stopped me and tried to talk me out of jumping. While she was climbing up with me she somehow glitched out of the ladder and fell to her death :D

• Like 3

Why, in a video game that's supposed to be fun, should I have to set aside 20 minutes to run somewhere to have fun... Can't I spawn somewhere where I can have fun?

It's a tactical survival game. It's not supposed to be fun ALL the time;)

Edited by StayAlive
  • Like 7

I think spawns to the East are meant to be terrible, to make you run a little, work for what you find and not just camp Balota and server hop till world's end. East is where all spawns should be IMO. Away from easy pickings (Balota). Theres so much military stuff in the west it makes the rest of the map redundant. 

Albeit the spawns need a little ironing out, so that theres more of them along the east coast. If you think this game is made for you to have fun, then you are mistaken. For me and many others the new spawns are great. 

^ Well said StayAlive ;)

• Like 2

The reason the spawn is always east is probably due to the fact that Kamenka, Balota, and Cherno spawns are now extremely unfair....

Blame the people who pimped out the SE/S.....

I think spawns to the East are meant to be terrible, to make you run a little, work for what you find and not just camp Balota and server hop till world's end. East is where all spawns should be IMO. Away from easy pickings (Balota). Theres so much military stuff in the west it makes the rest of the map redundant. 

Albeit the spawns need a little ironing out, so that theres more of them along the east coast. If you think this game is made for you to have fun, then you are mistaken. For me and many others the new spawns are great. 

^ Well said StayAlive ;)

Thank you and a good point indeed about more spawns along the east coast:)

It's a tactical survival game. It's not supposed to be fun ALL the time;)

A tactical survival game is a name you gave it, but in its current conditions I'd hardly call it that, 

and we all know Dayz is not a tactical survival game. Maybe before, when you could hunt, 

get sick/infected and build vehicles and store items... maybe..

But this Dayz standalone is not turning out to be the such, and he's trying to force it to be one by

forcing spawns on the East coast. Dayz is fun the way it was, with tons of weapons, vehicles,

spawning on the coast, good loot in the North, it just needed more optimization and custimization, but now he's trying to 

stray away from what good came from the mod and make it a new game.

I guess I'm just being over dramatic, but I kinda want my old Dayz back with some new cool shiz :/

A tactical survival game is a name you gave it, but in its current conditions I'd hardly call it that, 

and we all know Dayz is not a tactical survival game. Maybe before, when you could hunt, 

But this Dayz standalone is not turning out to be the such, and he's trying to force it to be one by

forcing spawns on the East coast. Dayz is fun the way it was, with tons of weapons, vehicles,

spawning on the coast, good loot in the North, it just needed more optimization and custimization, but now he's trying to 

I guess I'm just being over dramatic, but I kinda want my old Dayz back with some new cool shiz :/

ITS IN FUCKING ALPHA

Its going to have all that shit if you wait.....

Seriously, if its so bad, stop playing it.....

ITS IN FUCKING ALPHA

Its going to have all that shit if you wait.....

Seriously, if its so bad, stop playing it.....

Chill man.. I was just trying to say how I didn't think it was that kind of game yet lol...

Chill man.. I was just trying to say how I didn't think it was that kind of game yet lol...

You say "yet" now and make me look like a douche bag....

Fair enough.........

Ill go crawl back into my hole.

Be patient. That is about the best tip i can can give you at the moment;)

• Like 1

Give it a break then and go play the mod. Or even better help testing the game and report bugs instead of complaining on the forums and help the development of the game. Also he is not straying away from the mod. He is actually making the game he wanted initially with the mod but couldn't because of the limitations, i.e. a game that is focused on zombies and mainly on survival.

Edited by weedmasta

It would be alright if there was a large city or military base nearby, but there's not, so it isn't. 

How dare they not have a spawn point right next to the best places to get the best gear for a brand new character that should actually be struggling to survive and find equipment because its a brand new character. Shame on them.

/sarcasm

• Like 5

It not being that kind of game yet does not mean we turn it into a PvP deathmach-fest just because the rest of its survival features are not in yet, basically changing the game at its core to suit the definition of fun for some.