IMBATMAN!

The Finished Game

Will the game be finished?

I dont think so because they probably will added mods and of course workshop,but what can be modded and what will be before the mods?there will be base building?a larger crafting list?underground bases?modded cars and airplanes?a more more larger map?who knows?maybe there will be never a stop for the game being developed.

Well i hope it will do......

Edited by IMBATMAN!

I don't think so either, the game will continue to be developed until it is at a standard whereby everything aimed is completed :) 

Will the game be finished?

I dont think so because they probably will added mods and of course workshop,but what can be modded and what will be before the mods?there will be base building?a larger crafting list?underground bases?modded cars and airplanes?a more more larger map?who knows?maybe there will be never a stop for the game being developed.

Well i hope it will do......

Dean said that the game as it is is 20 % done.

I don't think so either, the game will continue to be developed until it is at a standard whereby everything aimed is completed :)

But what about the mods?workshop?

Dean hall has said the game is currently about 20% complete for what he has in mind and that he has plan's for new projects once he's done with dayz,

So will that mean the game is then finished or will the reigns be handed over for more development is the question, my thoughts are yes.

They need to implement the workshop into DayZ in a similar way to Dota 2 and crowdsource all the talented artists and model creators that want to create content for the game.  People love creating stuff for free and this would be a great way for the devs to pick and choose cool/useful items that could be included in the game.

• Like 1

Dean said that the game as it is is 20 % done.

Which means by that guideline that the game will only take about 6 more years or whatever to complete? lol

It's only been around a month or so in so we can't already be questioning whether or not the game will actually be finished? come back to this in a few more months and assess the progress made to know what direction this game is heading

knowing bohemia interactive games, once rocket leave party, they won't address any major bugs and leave game as it is.

Like Darryl, I think the game will never be finished. 

They will continue developing until they finally abandon it and start a new project.

In 1-2 years i hope to see this game being handled like the other Arma games.
A "full release" with contenious patches coming afterwards.

As any of the Arma games, it will never hit a fully "complete" stage, but im still hoping they will keep patching it, like they do with the Arma games.
Take Arma 2, it was released in June 2009 and they are still updating it, as i write this.

They even gathered a Community Team, to help the devs improve the game further, through official patches.

Thats one of the biggest reason i fell in love with BI, most companies simply doesnt do this any more.

Why do you need mods of already mod based game? You want Arma mod for Zombie Apocalypse game? :D

Spaghetti Western based DayZ mod :)