Sign in to follow this  
TEST_SUBJECT_83

Ctrl+Z to go prone and takeoff your backpack at once.

When I snipe in prone (even though you never know if it's gonna just hit the ground in front of you) I take off my pack sometimes to get a lower profile and not be seen as easily.

I would love to have this ability, and the best part would be that the pack is still on you so if the server resets while your in this position you wont lose your shit.

Basically it would be a separate animation from prone where you actually take off your pack and keep one strap still around one arm.

For know the pack could just appear next to you, but not having to worry about a server reset is the biggest reason for this idea.

Any thoughts?

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83
  • Like 4

As long as i think of it i dont get it how can u take off Your back pack and still have it on You in same moment.

There must be some risk taken. What if someone will spot You and You will need to run or die? You will still have Your pack with You but not on Your back or You will leave it on ground?

conclusion - making game more easily or even more bandit/snipe friendly is not a good thing especially when u dont risk/lose something.

That's fine, as long as it takes a realistic 10 seconds or so to go from standing or crouching with pack on back and rifle in hand to pack on ground and prone with rifle in hands.

• Like 2

As long as i think of it i dont get it how can u take off Your back pack and still have it on You in same moment.

There must be some risk taken. What if someone will spot You and You will need to run or die? You will still have Your pack with You but not on Your back or You will leave it on ground?

conclusion - making game more easily or even more bandit/snipe friendly is not a good thing especially when u dont risk/lose something.

It wouldn't be still on you, it just would still be tied to you so if there is a server reset, you don't loose you shit.

You would still have to pick it back up and put it on and you would not beable to access it either.

Having one strap attached to you would only be to stop you from losing it upon a server reset, which you have no way of knowing if it will happen.

Server resetting is kinda unfair in a way to snipers that like to lay down for extended periods of time with there backpack off.

Thats why I want this idea.

I like this idea being a marine we would drop our packs all the time and do what we needed to do. I understand what your saying because without a server reset warning it could happen at any time. i like the idea

The whole function is flawed, if this action is suppose to keep your backpack from despawning on reset,

then it would mean once you are under fire your character needs to waste several seconds on animation

to put the backpack on, which point you are already dead.

Its simply easier to play like experienced veteran, by either traveling without a backpack or traveling

with the most smallest camouflaged one.

• Like 1

The whole function is flawed, if this action is suppose to keep your backpack from despawning on reset,

then it would mean once you are under fire your character needs to waste several seconds on animation

to put the backpack on, which point you are already dead.

Its simply easier to play like experienced veteran, by either traveling without a backpack or traveling

with the most smallest camouflaged one.

Flawed?..ok?

The animation would be fast of course. It would be the same speed as getting out of prone is now.

It would just be an altered version that shows the player grabbing the pack and throwing it over your shoulder as he's standing up.

By the time you are standing up strait, the backpack will be already on your back.

So I'm sorry if you disliked my suggestion, as for traveling without a backpack being "simply easier" that's 

one, your opinion and though it may be a valid play style, it's also one that less than 5% of all players partake in. 

and two, it's not easier to play like vet that doesn't even make sense? Playing without a backpack is like hard mode,

only having your pockets is a pain in the ass, unless your RP'ing IMO. Or just looking for more of a challenge.

Or if you just wanna look bad ass with that chest holster and a mosin hangin from it!  :)

That's fine, as long as it takes a realistic 10 seconds or so to go from standing or crouching with pack on back and rifle in hand to pack on ground and prone with rifle in hands.

When dissembarking from a blackhawk helicopter in the Army, this was done in less then 10 seconds.. Just saying. 

Throw out your pack, and fall behind it combat ready...  Or you could always use the body of the guy that took 10 seconds to do this manuver.

• Like 1

Yesterday I was sprinting full speed for like 45 minutes wih a fully loaded back back on and I was in mid stride when my avatar hit a tree dead center and came to a full and complete stop of forward momentum... dint even phase me... Just sidesteped around the tree and continue sprinting like nothing happened... (cough)  (Cough) U show me someone that can sprint for 45 minutes with a 120 lb backback and using a tree as a stopping tool with full vertical impact of your body and I will show you a pancake laid up in a hospital for 2 weeks.

At a full sprint carrying a rifle, I can do it in about 2 To 3 seconds. No Im not military, Im practicing so I can be a sniper when I enlist. This is a more stable platform than proning alone, and can stop small arms fire long enough to engage the threat and pull out. It should stay on your character though (on as in wont disappear if the server restarts)

And I travel with a coyote pack in the mod. I lay on a hill, droo the bag and lay behind it to help hide myself. Try it, it works but has no effect ( I survived bein shot at so I dunno of it was a bug or if the bag actually ate the bullets)

The animation would be fast of course. It would be the same speed as getting out of prone is now.

It would just be an altered version that shows the player grabbing the pack and throwing it over your shoulder as he's standing up.

By the time you are standing up strait, the backpack will be already on your back.

I like the idea, but I don't think it should be quite that quick. Take the weight of your pack into account - if you're carrying a lot of weight, it's going to be hard to swing that thing onto your shoulder, especially if you're trying to do it and push yourself upright at the same time. I'd say at least three to four seconds.

Of course, the animation timer could always be made completely dependent on how much you have in your pack as well.

I like the idea, but I don't think it should be quite that quick. Take the weight of your pack into account - if you're carrying a lot of weight, it's going to be hard to swing that thing onto your shoulder, especially if you're trying to do it and push yourself upright at the same time. I'd say at least three to four seconds.

Of course, the animation timer could always be made completely dependent on how much you have in your pack as well.

I agree. Once the stamina system is introduced, then it would apply to things like this.

Well, it does seem interesting, the turtle back does give you more chance to be seen

that function would be like dropping it on the ground normally trough inventory and picking it up as if it was loot spawn!!!