Sign in to follow this  
lolwat

Character loss for no reason.

So i was just wondering if this is a common bug, or something wrong with my dayz. Does this happen a lot to you guys too? I play for like 4-5 hours with a character, sometimes less or more, then when i just switch server, i start with a new character in a coast town. No wounds, no sickness, no broken legs, nothing was wrong with the character. And this happened to me like 10 times, sometimes i had full gear with full attachment m4 or mosin. Then all gone for no reason. Is something wrong with my game?

Edited by lolwat

yes it happens a lot .. actually on a daily basis since the latest patch... this is not because of servers not connected to hive but rather something else..

i've had characters lost on servers that normally save my character perfectly.. 

it seems like if this bug happens during a save between the server and the hive then instead of giving you a back up or previous save it gives you a new spawn..

i just saw it happen to sacriel on his twitch stream live.. this has to be the biggest game breaking bug second only to the teleport.. they should fix it

you would think that saving someone's character reliably would be of paramount importance to a dev of a persistent online game.. ridiculous

Edited by silversx

stop posting this link.. this is not the same issue.. the issue in the hive post is servers that can not connect to hive at all..

this bug with randomly losing character is happening on servers that have no issues connecting to the hive.. and are always popular and always full..

edit; lolwat nick; you don't need to start 4 threads on general discussion about character loss, 

in fact u are trolling.

'sigh, such a waste of time..

Edited by Ori42

So i was just wondering if this is a common bug, or something wrong with my dayz. Does this happen a lot to you guys too? I play for like 4-5 hours with a character, sometimes less or more, then when i just switch server, i start with a new character in a coast town. No wounds, no sickness, no broken legs, nothing was wrong with the character. And this happened to me like 10 times, sometimes i had full gear with full attachment m4 or mosin. Then all gone for no reason. Is something wrong with my game?

Quick tip, find a server you like, spawn run to the main road, log out, rejoin that server, if your still on the main road, add that shit to fav's and play on it.. I did this between 3 servers, my character is 3 day's old.. All 3 keep my shit.. enjoy, and don't hop random shit..

This has only happened to me on hardcore servers. I play on 2 different regular servers (one seems to be down while the other is up) and one hardcore server and that's it. Don't hop and you'll be fine.

Edited by Hells High

Total noob when it comes to DayZ but, I was reading through the games manual, and as I was reading I stumbled across this. I have no clue if it means anything or if its of any value. /shrug

2n22s1w.png