droopypiles

Night servers at night is crazy!

Night servers being your only choice in a evening is absolutely stupid!

I like many others have to work for a living, then I come home sort myself an kids out try and get on for a game an they all in real time!

This is stupid why is this dictated, really really disappointed, before the patch it was ok don't no whats happened, but please fix or at least make it 50/50, people have lives in the day

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but I usually play mornings PST but every server in the last few days is in nighttime. Even ones where the server is listed daylight 24/7. 

I thought at first the admins were setting the server to daytime when they play but even the 24/7 daylight servers are night for me. I have tried other servers where you would think they would be daytime relative to the area they lived in but even those are all nighttime. .

I enjoy playing at nighttime but I have friends who don't like it. So is this a bug?

Be seeing you.... 

I hate the daytime.

I understand and except other people will prefer night and respect that, but should we not get a choice? i'm saying my only option is to play in the day to have daytime? but I cant I need to work etc, there should just be equal choice that's all
  • Like 1

Really, are EVERY server you can access nighttime?

I just don't have this problem (altough I have no problem with nighttime even without gamma cheating)

I can see both daytime and nighttime servers that are located close to me, UK, GER, NL, SE, NOR, list goes on, i switch between hardcore and regular and most daytime servers seems to be hardcore and they're pretty enjoyable to play on, try out hardcore and see if you can find any servers with daytime(though usually fill up like most daytime servers do).

I'd enjoy nighttime a bit more if they actually added in lighting from certain houses or lamposts around certain areas.

I understand and except other people will prefer night and respect that, but should we not get a choice? i'm saying my only option is to play in the day to have daytime? but I cant I need to work etc, there should just be equal choice that's all

(In Russian Voice) - "In DayZ, choices are made for you!"

• Like 1

I want to play on night servers, but with gamma and brightness being available it's pointless

To be honest the black and white but crystal clear as day at night is just as scary. Sure its cheating but it bring a Romero quality to the game like in Night Of The Living Dead. And its kind of cool when sun comes up because everything goes from black and white to color.

Does no one like the amazing daytime gfx light through the tree's etc, the gfx maxed are stunning, in the night it cant be argued its less impressive

I like how this is an ALPHA and people are whining that it's not what they want. Chill out, the game isn't meant to be fun or entertaining right now. Alphas are to iron out bugs and test new items. Not meant for your enjoyment. Sure, it's fun to test but don't cry because it's not what you want.

Go play something else for 6 months and come back.

Does no one like the amazing daytime gfx light through the tree's etc, the gfx maxed are stunning, in the night it cant be argued its less impressive

I love the daytime. It is 100% more interesting than the night and i can actually enjoy landscapes and housing like its meant to be. Night time is just terrible mess to navigate through as mentioned in the video.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 2

Unfortunatly, i like nighttime.

It adds so much more. Actually makes the zombies scary.

Good video, this is how day z should be. 

• Like 1

Was on a dark server the other day when my head mounted light's battery went dead.Feeling screwed and ready to give up I realized I had another battery in my backpack and was elated and back in the game.Then I got a little too relaxed and let an infected get some hits on me and came to find that the zed damaged my headset finally delivering me to the mercy of darkness.That was when I finally seen how kool the item degradation of Dayz can be.

Was on a dark server the other day when my head mounted light's battery went dead.Feeling screwed and ready to give up I realized I had another battery in my backpack and was elated and back in the game.Then I got a little too relaxed and let an infected get some hits on me and came to find that the zed damaged my headset finally delivering me to the mercy of darkness.That was when I finally seen how kool the item degradation of Dayz can be.

No flashlight and playing in the dark?

Oh sh-

I love playing DayZ at night. Unfortunately, my character does not like to find batteries very often. This leaves me in an awkward situation with my pants around my ankles. If anything, at least the breeze at night feels good on my bag.

I get the "Ultra-Realism" part of this game and can appreciate it to a certain degree.  The big problem I have is that the game is close to unplayable at night since you typically can't see more than a few inches in front of you.  I know the Gamma Exploit and have to use it just to walk around and not get knocked off by the other players in the game.  My flashlight works and I know how to use it, same with the headlamp.  I agree with the post earlier that even with the Gamma Exploit, the game is still enjoyable and gives it the Night of the Living Dead feel with only a few small areas with lights that give you some washed out colors.  With more zombies being introduced into the game, the constant threat of zombie death is still there.  Now, setting foot in Elektro or Chernog means you have to weigh whether or not to shoot anything since one shot brings 2 or 3 more zombies to your location.  Then, on top of that, you have KOS players who don't even give you a chance to surrender anymore.  The game is hard enough without being able to see.  Maybe give us a break and give us a night mode that is just washed out instead of pitch black.

• Like 1

Until the loot respawning is fixed, night servers are...well, they're either better for finding loot, or more frustrating to find loot on.  If few players have been on since restart, it can be good.  But if it hasn't restarted since night, it just takes a whole lot more time and effort to find loot--and if there is none to find, it's just frustrating.  My first life on SA, I geared up at night.  I did turn up the gamma, because pitch black is just impractical.  But the other night, I decided to try a nighttime run again, and it was just more tiring, and I found less loot.

Really, are EVERY server you can access nighttime?

I just don't have this problem (altough I have no problem with nighttime even without gamma cheating)

I didn't try every server but I did try about 20 different servers. I figured that would be a big enough sample.

Be seeing you...

I agree with piles on this one, Don't get me wrong the game looks amazing in daytime and at night with a moon is more than playable. But when there is no moon whatsoever then you can see literally sweet fa. Now I am aware that this adds an ultra sense of realism and yes it does make the game 10x scarrier. I think what Piles was trying to say is the complete disproportion of day to night servers since the update, for example, when I go on to play after work in the evening, there may be a selection of around 50-100 servers, only possibly 10-15 of those will be daytime and full of people so you can't get in. As I said I am more than happy to play at night with a moon, but when it's cloudy what is the point in playing one of the nicest looking games around and being able to see precisely sweet FA? 

I think if it was sorted so with clouds you could still at least see something then it would be great

Now if I had the option to host a daytime server all the time, then I would buy my own, but I am not going to hire a server only to get home from work and it be dark and not want to play in it.