Legacy (DayZ)

The one and only Anti-PVP/PvP Discussion thread! Whine/discuss here!

What reward do bandits have that friendly players can't get? If you're sneaky and careful you can loot everything in the game without ever being seen by another player.

What reward do bandits have that friendly players can't get?

Player's loot. :rolleyes:

If you're sneaky and careful you can loot everything in the game without ever being seen by another player.

No. Without cheating, a player can always hear another player crawling around. At least if she or he uses a headset...

Um, if you're near enough to a player for them to hear you and you don't see them you definitely didn't do a good job of being sneaky. And players don't have better loot than what you can find anywhere on the ground.

What reward do bandits have that friendly players can't get?

Player's loot. :rolleyes:

If you're sneaky and careful you can loot everything in the game without ever being seen by another player.

No. Without cheating' date=' a player can always hear another player crawling around. At least if she or he uses a headset...

[/quote']

Friendly players can kill a bandit and take loot all the same, stop making excuses for your own ineptitude.

As for crawling, rolling is completely silent, try it sometime. Also, I can go days without being detected by other players, it's called not running around like an idiot and using cover.

Really ? a sticky for some whine thread like this?

If players dont like player vs player interaction there is a other option in the game called Arma 2.

That option is called single player' date=' if you dont like it that you get shot by other players then dont play a multiplayer game.

If you want a player vs player interaction game where any sort of combat is not possible i suggest playing a facebook game.

Although there aswell you can lose to other players.

[/quote']

maybe we just want a system that isn't biased toward killing other players?

Bias implies that it's one sided, and last I checked theres nothing a neutral player cannot obtain that only a bandit can.

PvP does not bother me. Its when people with L85s and M24s come down from killing each other at the NW airfield to camp Electro and Cherno to kill fresh spawned players with nothing to their names but a packet of painkillers and a bandage that I start to get pissed off.

I have a small group of friends I play with and thus trust. I highly suggest playing with people you know than randoms. Some people will be your friend until you stumble upon a nice item.

I learned to trust no one outside of my group and we generally kill any other player that is approaching us. We do not go out of our way to kill someone for the sake of killing them. In a situation where it isn't risky we tell them to abort or die.

If the game was simply the players versus the zombies...it would be cake. The PvP actually gives the world a more believable post-apocalyptic setting where there is complete anarchy.

I was annoyed at first by getting killed. At the time I just assumed everyone just fought zombies. I learned the hard way.

I have a small group of friends I play with and thus trust. I highly suggest playing with people you know than randoms. Some people will be your friend until you stumble upon a nice item.

I learned to trust no one outside of my group and we generally kill any other player that is approaching us. We do not go out of our way to kill someone for the sake of killing them. In a situation where it isn't risky we tell them to abort or die.

If the game was simply the players versus the zombies...it would be cake. The PvP actually gives the world a more believable post-apocalyptic setting where there is complete anarchy.

I was annoyed at first by getting killed. At the time I just assumed everyone just fought zombies. I learned the hard way.

But would it ruin dayz if say pvp wasn't the main thing to do at the end of the day?

If players dont like player vs player interaction there is a other option in the game called Arma 2.

That option is called single player' date=' if you dont like it that you get shot by other players then dont play a multiplayer game.

If you want a player vs player interaction game where any sort of combat is not possible i suggest playing a facebook game.

[/quote']

So you want a fps/rpg that isnt about defeating other players to improve your own character ?

The game is about survival, yes you can get everything in the game by killing other players.

You know what, thats what most FPS games are about.

But i suppose you want this FPS game to be turned into a zombie grind fest with friendly fire turned off.

Ummm. maybe you are misunderstanding my point. I'm stating that what reward do friendly players have that bandits can't game?

Not much apart from a bit of trust.

What should they have?

[/quote']

So you want a fps/rpg that isnt about defeating other players to improve your own character ?

The game is about survival, yes you can get everything in the game by killing other players.

But i suppose you want this FPS game to be turned into a zombie grind fest with friendly fire turned off.

Ummm. maybe you are misunderstanding my point. I'm stating that what reward do friendly players have that bandits can't game?

What should they have?

So your saying there should be no reason in-game to be nice and all the reason to be a cunt?

The game is about survival' date=' yes you can get everything in the game by killing other players.

[/quote']

What should they have?

So your saying there should be no reason in-game to be nice and all the reason to be a cunt?

So you're saying that you want a special rainbow & glitter skin because you have some sort of apprehension about shooting pixels on a screen?

Teaming up lets you use blood bags, bandage unconscious players, etc. It also gives you strength in numbers. Not to mention, playing with your friends is simply more fun.

There are plenty of reasons to team up and have fun, if that's what you like doing, and there is plenty of fun in solo pvp hunting if that's what you like as well.

As stated by rocket, this is primarily a pvp game, and that's not going to change. Ever.

The reasons to be nice should be made by the players themselves. Clearly right now' date=' human nature is playing out -- people grouped up with those they trust, and KOS others. <- read that wiki article, you might learn something.

If you want to help newbies on the coast with meds, then DO IT. If you want to set up a checkpoint along high traffic paths to kill bandits and help survivors, then DO IT. If you want to set up a trade city which will offer huge incentives to non-bandits, then DO IT. If you want to play on a server where various groups/tribes/etc actually interact with each other, then DO IT.

I'm sure we'll see better base building features, radios, etc. But none of that will change the fact that you're a bad player. This game has a pretty high skill ceiling in terms of tactics & strategy, and it's not going to hold your hand and punish the sniper that shot you while you stood still in an open field.

Teaming up lets you use blood bags' date=' bandage unconscious players, etc. It also gives you strength in numbers. Not to mention, playing with your friends is simply more fun.

There are plenty of reasons to team up and have fun, if that's what you like doing, and there is plenty of fun in solo pvp hunting if that's what you like as well.

As stated by rocket, this is primarily a pvp game, and that's not going to change. Ever.

[/quote']

I'm not saying teaming up but being friendly and kind to players you never have meet before. cause coop incentives can be gamed by those you kill everyone not in their TS.

The reasons to be nice should be made by the players themselves. Clearly right now' date=' human nature is playing out -- people grouped up with those they trust, and KOS others. <- read that wiki article, you might learn something.

If you want to help newbies on the coast with meds, then DO IT. If you want to set up a checkpoint along high traffic paths to kill bandits and help survivors, then DO IT. If you want to set up a trade city which will offer huge incentives to non-bandits, then DO IT. If you want to play on a server where various groups/tribes/etc actually interact with each other, then DO IT.

I'm sure we'll see better base building features, radios, etc. But none of that will change the fact that you're a bad player. This game has a pretty high skill ceiling in terms of tactics & strategy, and it's not going to hold your hand and punish the sniper that shot you while you stood still in an open field.

Than all rewards for being a cunt should be done so by the player not by the game. And You know how many players I could have just killed with my l85? a lot but quite frankly I don't cause I don't see the use in killing them, plus those I've had to kill for shooting at my group or getting us aggro, i've felt bad about.

I'm not saying teaming up but being friendly and kind to players you never have meet before. cause coop incentives can be gamed by those you kill everyone not in their TS.

Being friendly and kind to everyone you see sounds like a real shitty way to survive a zombie apocalypse.

Being friendly and kind to everyone you see sounds like a real shitty way to survive a zombie apocalypse.

better than being filled with guilt for killing someone, who you don't even know.

better than being filled with guilt for killing someone' date=' who you don't even know.

[/quote']

Who the hell gets filled with guilt over clicking pixels on a screen?

better than being filled with guilt for killing someone' date=' who you don't even know.

[/quote']

Maybe its cause I'm thinking about the person on the other end of the computer and what they are thinking? maybe I am really RPing?

Than all rewards for being a cunt should be done so by the player not by the game. And You know how many players I could have just killed with my l85? a lot but quite frankly I don't cause I don't see the use in killing them' date=' plus those I've had to kill for shooting at my group or getting us aggro, i've felt bad about.

[/quote']

PvP'ing is a HORRIBLE way to get loot. Usually you end up spending more ammo than you get, and usually you PvP *after* you have farmed the gear you need (farming, aka PvE'ing, is actually the most incentivized activity in the game).

The "hardcore" nature of the game is just to up the stakes and give you that added "OH SHIT" feeling -- because frankly if you didn't lose your gear on death, this game would be ridiculously boring.

If you made loot disappear on death (ie. bandits can't loot), you'd still see just as many bandits. Because that's not why people PvP, and it sure as shit isn't the way most people get their gear. I would say the vast majority of PvP occurs when two people farming gear cross paths by coincidence. And that sort of variability is extremely satisfying.

Continue ignoring the fact that competent players are doing cool survivor activities though; I'm sure you'll continue complaining even when there are survivor cities and the like, because that still requires you to visit the survivor city to meet friendlies and you can't just say hi to the random stranger you meet in the forest!

PvP'ing is a HORRIBLE way to get loot. Usually you end up spending more ammo than you get' date='

[/quote']

Wow, your aim must be pretty horrible. A kill normally doesn't take more than two shots for me, and that's only if I miss the first shot.

[/quote']

Maybe its cause I'm thinking about the person on the other end of the computer and what they are thinking? maybe I am really RPing?

That sounds like some deep rooted psychological issues, you should get that looked in to.

I've been running around being as friendly as possible to find out if there really is a majoirty of survivors... About 75% of the people I ran into shot me on sight or betrayed me... (Note: I tested this on 5 servers and met about 40 people)

Advice: Ask if friendly, if they don't respond in 2 seconds, kill them :)

Or shoot on sight :D

A arma 2 game without the ability to shoot other players.

Perhapse they should do that in the original game aswell, remove the ability to shoot other players and only be able to be killed by the environment.

Yes that sounds stupid and pointless and completely removes the idea behind the game, the same thing applies to this mod.

You remove the ability to kill other players and you basicly kill the game.

Reading this really makes my head shake about so much hostility. What has gone wrong in your life? :D

If you made loot disappear on death (ie. bandits can't loot)' date=' you'd still see just as many bandits.[/quote']

Implement it, and you'll get the proof of the contrary to your own hypothesis.

Anyway, for some people other players aren't just a bunch of pixels. And that's a good thing. Being unable to differentiate is a big issue in this point.

I'm OK with the pvp, the only thing i hate is when people say "This is a PVP game so GTFO" or "Rocket himself said this is a pvp game" NO, this is not a pvp game, nor Rocket said so, this is "DayZ Zombie RPG" -----> RPG, it's not a player versus player game, its a ROLE PLAYING game, your role can be a bandit, but act as a bandit, not as a deathmatch game player, gun and running everywhere, just that.

'Aaron said:

I will start taking you serious when you stop typing in retardese. Seriously' date=' it's like google translate just vomited all over your post

Seriously? I'd say people who want to be taken seriously would not spout that kind of insult. That's a pretty low level.

The parts of the map outside your country are not uninhabited, there are people around the world who don't have english as their native language (like me for example).

So you're saying that you want a special rainbow & glitter skin because you have some sort of apprehension about shooting pixels on a screen?

Yes of course, who doesn't want THAT! This idea sounds as amazing as it must have looked inside your head when you thought of this clever phrase, to make oponents of your viewpoint look silly.

From the way you present yourself here i'd guess friends and family who ask "how are you?" get a kick in the face from you or what? Or wild insults? :rolleyes:

I see it before my eyes: "Aron, how are you man?"

Aron: "FUCK YOU FUCKING CAREBEAR FUCKING *mumble mumble* ASS *mumble*..."

Ah wait, maybe just strangers. Would make more sense, yeah. Because who cares about strangers, am i right Dude? 😄

Sorry for sarcasm. 😞

But really, all this deliberate missunderstanding and exaggeration is fun.

Edited by xenomat