MethHeadMario

Hot Spawning, Ghosting, Combat Logging. @@@

I totally agree with the OP.

First of all game should not be released even to alpha state when there are game breaking mechanics like simply logging off. The other day I had ghost spawning inside the NWAF CT and he started to run outside, I aim my mosin at him and fire one round. I miss the shot and before im finished reloading the second shot in to the chamber he logs of while running. This is total bullshit. 

another thing is our gaming community is fed up with alphas and betas.. what is this new trend to make a game and sell it half done to desperate players who have nothing better to play. If its going to be an alpha at least fix the game core mechanics. I dont mind the bugs or the optimization or lack of items or zomibes. 

also dayz is all about survival and Bandit / Hero system

even that is not included in the game. This makes KOS rewarding and un punishable.

Maybe, but these were problems in his Mod, it's his fault for not learning from his previous mistakes. But i also agree with you that people shouldn't use the exploits.

I think some of you are a bit hard on the guy. They have a LOT on their plate. Just because it's a new version of the mod doesnt mean some things should be fixed immediately :D

I think some of you are a bit hard on the guy. They have a LOT on their plate. Just because it's a new version of the mod doesnt mean some things should be fixed immediately :D

I agree, but with every new patch we get new items and new towns but the game breakers are just swept aside. I don't know exactly how these 3 things can be fixed or if they are an easy fix but they should be fixed ASAP considering how big of a problem they are when it comes to just testing the game..

• Like 2

here is your fix..

OK, for all of you who say this is Alpha, I think i was a little late getting into the Dayz Mod but Combat logging was a big problem there, so why wasn't all the information collected from the mod used wisely to make sure the same problems were not in the SA?? Now I have looked around for these supposively fixes for these problem and all I have found is people posting thier own opinion for a fix. I did see a couple posts saying that there is some type of timer going to be implemented but I couldnt find the original from the Dev Team.

ask the fucking devs!

this is what pisses us off!

patch #2 (after basic stability testing) should have been - combat log timer/sleeper and server loot timer (instead of restart only)

but your thread is a bit unnecessary and very much repeated.

• Like 1

Sigh* All the times i have spent time, hours a day for days on end some times, to hunt down a specific group of bandits, i finally get they trapped, i move in for the kill, they fire three shots at me and log out... I spent 3 WEEKS tracking a group of Electro snipers/spawn campers once, me and my squad finally got them trapped the the barracks, surrounded, we run in, willing to take a few shots for this much anticipated kill, and pooof, combat logged. I through my key board out the window, went on a long walk in the freezing cold before i could cool off enough to trust myself not to bust my computer. I freaking HAAAATE combat loggers. If your going to log out every time you see players, go play a god dumb singleplayer you idiots! 

thats my rage, lol :P 

here is your fix..

ask the fucking devs!

this is what pisses us off!

patch #2 (after basic stability testing) should have been - combat log timer/sleeper and server loot timer (instead of restart only)

but your thread is a bit unnecessary and very much repeated.

I understand this post is all over reddit and everywhere basically but my first few sentences asked if anyone could confirm the rumors i heard about there not being a fix, just a bandaid.. I believe someone asked about the combat logging in the last AMA on reddit and Dean said something about a timer. But all the information i can find about it is someone posting something about what he said and not the specific article.So it isnt really confirmed to me..

Sigh* All the times i have spent time, hours a day for days on end some times, to hunt down a specific group of bandits, i finally get they trapped, i move in for the kill, they fire three shots at me and log out... I spent 3 WEEKS tracking a group of Electro snipers/spawn campers once, me and my squad finally got them trapped the the barracks, surrounded, we run in, willing to take a few shots for this much anticipated kill, and pooof, combat logged. I through my key board out the window, went on a long walk in the freezing cold before i could cool off enough to trust myself not to bust my computer. I freaking HAAAATE combat loggers. If your going to log out every time you see players, go play a god dumb singleplayer you idiots! 

thats my rage, lol :P

lol. i don't rage that hard but yes it is annoying when you know you have someone trapped and they just log, but it is even worse when they ghost and snipe you from behind..

Someone tries to make a legitimate complaint and all you fanboys can respond with is "IT'S ALPHA".  Almost forgot why I never come on this cancerous site anymore... Fuck me.

I am all for going against people that just mindlessly scream alpha.

But to tell you the 100% truth. He is complaining as if the game is supposed to be complete with comments like "First off, can someone please explain to me why this wasn't fixed before they even released this game and can it be fixed now that the game has released?" The game is not considered released. The game is still being made.

You don't go for a piece of cake when its just the batter being put in the oven and say "WTF you shoulda made this cake already done."

• Like 2

This has probably been covered ALOT but I am going to put my 2 cents in also.. Hot Spawning, Ghosting, Combat Logging. WTF Bohemia/Dean.. First off, can someone please explain to me why this wasn't fixed before they even released this game and can it be fixed now that the game has released? I have heard some rumor's that this cannot be fixed with the type of network architecture they have.. If that's the case then I will have to ask for a refund and I think alot of people will do the same because these are game breaking bugs. Combat Logging isn't as bad as the other 2 but it still suck's when you know that person is stuck with no way out and you wait and wait and then finally run in to find out that the person already logged out or you miss that first shot from 600 meters out and watch the character go "POOF" and disappear before your mosin ejects the round..

Hot Spawning A.K.A. Server Hopping is a big one.. Now the server i play on restarts every hour. After almost every restart I get at least 1 kill because someone Hot Spawns into NEAF. It has actually got to the point on my server that Hot Spawner's are spawning behind me on sniper hill and looking for me before they go into the airfield, which has got me to change my position often to avoid being ghosted and killed from behind by an axe. It is almost impossible to avoid being ghosted by a good player because of all the wonky sound bugs.

I just don't get what Dean or Bohemia was thinking when they released this or were they thinking about this at all. It make's me laugh now that i think back to all those video's Dean was saying if i am going to release this game then I want to make sure it's done right. This problem just seems to basic, like something any MMO would take care of long before an Alpha Stage.. I actually did a Google search for these bugs and Holy Sh@@ did i find TONS of stuff about it and it all points to these problems not being fixed correctly.. I am not a game designer but I can see these bug's will be this game downfall or Private Hives will be the only place to play.

Edit: For everyone that is going to say or already has said "This is Alpha". I understand this is Alpha but that doesn't mean Dean shouldn't have learned from previously problems in the mod. This is a problem that shouldn't have been a problem in the first place. I also understand that this is a big issue and has been talked about by who knows how many other people, but if you read the first few sentences, i specifically asked if anyone could confirm the rumors about these problems not being able to be truly fixed and if you trolls out there actually read this then you would have understood I am talking about how these problems should have been addressed before the release considering they were BIG problems in the Dayz Mod..

Oh my God I can't believe there are still threads like this being made.  Lol ok go ahead and ask for a refund, kid.  Enjoy being blacklisted by Steam's billing service.

The game says in multiple places before you buy, to NOT BUY IT.  It's NOT DONE.. It's ALPHA... If you can't read, maybe you shouldn't be in possession of a credit card.

My fuck.  Some people are so dumb.

Someone tries to make a legitimate complaint and all you fanboys can respond with is "IT'S ALPHA".  Almost forgot why I never come on this cancerous site anymore... Fuck me.

If people didn't make the same retarded, bitchy whiny threads every single day, you wouldn't have to see us say "It's alpha" the same amount of times.  There are big red letters all over the site, in-game, and on the Steam store page telling you not to buy the game yet because it's in a very early development stage.

If people started having the reading comprehension of a 2nd grader this wouldn't be a problem.  But until these morons stop buying the game and bitching on the forums about known issues that there are already millions of threads on, we will keep saying "It's alpha."

• Like 2

"Now the server i play on restarts every hour.

After almost every restart I get at least 1 kill because someone Hot Spawns into NEAF.

It has actually got to the point on my server that Hot Spawner's are spawning behind me on sniper hill and looking for me"

Most of the servers I play on restart every 4 hours, so I must surmise that you are on a loot-whoring server. I guess people don't go to it looking to pvp, just to grab more loot. Change servers, you 'might' get a bit less CL and ghosting.

After every restart, where are you 'hot spawning' into? sounds like you are hot spawning into the airfield and are annoyed others are doing the same as well.

Hot Spawners are spawning and looking for you? how much do you camp the airfield that you are that well known and predictable?

Think it is your gameplay that needs a bit of variation. Try a new server and leave the airfield, see what happens.

Edited by dejeffers

can it be fixed now that the game has released? I have heard some rumor's that this cannot be fixed with the type of network architecture they have.. If that's the case then I will have to ask for a refund and I think alot of people will do the same 

BWAHAHAHahahahaHAHAHAHHUEHUEHUEHAHA

Kind of a dick response, I know, but there are plenty of valid an more appropriate responses in this thread.

There are a lot of idiot kid fanboys in this thread and im sure all of them are sad combat loggers that doesn't want the exploit fixed.

Combat logging should of been the first thing to fix when they launched SA alpha, and it should be pretty simple to fix, a 30 sec log out timer would do.

Also another note to the dick sucking fanboys.. would you still be crying its alpha if all the weapons fired fresh air and the only servers where night servers?

• Like 1

if everyone has such a problem with sever hoppers, go into a barrack, wait and take them out. good fuck man, everyone always whining about SH's. so fuckin what. go get some action and go after them if it offends you so much.

hello there

im in two minds as whether to close this or merge as it has been covered multiple times.

Im astounded by the folk who say "I know this is an Alpha but..." and then  go on to prove they obviously to not know.

All these old issues are under scrutiny and constant discussion, why on earth would they not be?

As Im often repeating, its quite amazing how playable the game is for an Alpha.

Feedback and ideas are always welcomed, but this is not the way to do it IMHO.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

This has probably been covered ALOT but I am going to put my 2 cents in also.. Hot Spawning, Ghosting, Combat Logging. WTF Bohemia/Dean.. First off, can someone please explain to me why this wasn't fixed before they even released this game and can it be fixed now that the game has released? I have heard some rumor's that this cannot be fixed with the type of network architecture they have.. If that's the case then I will have to ask for a refund and I think alot of people will do the same because these are game breaking bugs. Combat Logging isn't as bad as the other 2 but it still suck's when you know that person is stuck with no way out and you wait and wait and then finally run in to find out that the person already logged out or you miss that first shot from 600 meters out and watch the character go "POOF" and disappear before your mosin ejects the round..

Hot Spawning A.K.A. Server Hopping is a big one.. Now the server i play on restarts every hour. After almost every restart I get at least 1 kill because someone Hot Spawns into NEAF. It has actually got to the point on my server that Hot Spawner's are spawning behind me on sniper hill and looking for me before they go into the airfield, which has got me to change my position often to avoid being ghosted and killed from behind by an axe. It is almost impossible to avoid being ghosted by a good player because of all the wonky sound bugs.

I just don't get what Dean or Bohemia was thinking when they released this or were they thinking about this at all. It make's me laugh now that i think back to all those video's Dean was saying if i am going to release this game then I want to make sure it's done right. This problem just seems to basic, like something any MMO would take care of long before an Alpha Stage.. I actually did a Google search for these bugs and Holy Sh@@ did i find TONS of stuff about it and it all points to these problems not being fixed correctly.. I am not a game designer but I can see these bug's will be this game downfall or Private Hives will be the only place to play.

Edit: For everyone that is going to say or already has said "This is Alpha". I understand this is Alpha but that doesn't mean Dean shouldn't have learned from previously problems in the mod. This is a problem that shouldn't have been a problem in the first place. I also understand that this is a big issue and has been talked about by who knows how many other people, but if you read the first few sentences, i specifically asked if anyone could confirm the rumors about these problems not being able to be truly fixed and if you trolls out there actually read this then you would have understood I am talking about how these problems should have been addressed before the release considering they were BIG problems in the Dayz Mod..

Game Exploits
* Combat logging protection not working
Currently many of our features such as queued loading, combat logging timeout, etc... have been disabled as there is the possibility that they will cause additional strain on the central server. Once we know that we can handle the load we will begin implementing these. We do expect this will be a long process, and we'll be working with the community to identify effective ways to deal with this. In the meantime, it is going to be <<< From Rocket

Do ppl understand that we are testing this game? I swear it's like all these ppl that complain have some sort of stat system that none of us know about.Your character is going to die from dumb stuff, the dumbest trust me. If you don't get a kill from a combat logger who cares move on mate. Combat logging, server hopping and ghosting are not critical at this point of the game. Complaining is just gunna get a bunch of ppl telling u ur an idiot so don't.

Im astounded by the folk who say "I know this is an Alpha but..." and then  go on to prove they obviously to not know.

All these old issues are under scrutiny and constant discussion, why on earth would they not be?

Rgds

LoK

Couldn't agree with you more, Lok.  "I know it's alpha but..." well no, stop right there.  If you knew it was alpha, there'd be no "but."  People will never learn, I'm afraid.

why this wasn't fixed before they even released this game

Its not a game yet...

Edited by Thane
  • Like 1

"Now the server i play on restarts every hour.

After almost every restart I get at least 1 kill because someone Hot Spawns into NEAF.

It has actually got to the point on my server that Hot Spawner's are spawning behind me on sniper hill and looking for me"

Most of the servers I play on restart every 4 hours, so I must surmise that you are on a loot-whoring server. I guess people don't go to it looking to pvp, just to grab more loot. Change servers, you 'might' get a bit less CL and ghosting.

After every restart, where are you 'hot spawning' into? sounds like you are hot spawning into the airfield and are annoyed others are doing the same as well.

Hot Spawners are spawning and looking for you? how much do you camp the airfield that you are that well known and predictable?

Think it is your gameplay that needs a bit of variation. Try a new server and leave the airfield, see what happens.

The server i play on is in the top 15 server's. I was told the reason why they set the time for restarts for 1 hour is because the server would crash before the 2 hour restart they had it setup before. I spawn wherever I log off at.. You obviously don't know what Hot Spawning A.K.A. Server Hopping is.. I camp that airfield alot because of how many people Server Hop to there. I have moved around the map but because of the spawn locations always around Solnichy, most people stay on the coast.

I am all for going against people that just mindlessly scream alpha.

But to tell you the 100% truth. He is complaining as if the game is supposed to be complete with comments like "First off, can someone please explain to me why this wasn't fixed before they even released this game and can it be fixed now that the game has released?" The game is not considered released. The game is still being made.

You don't go for a piece of cake when its just the batter being put in the oven and say "WTF you shoulda made this cake already done."

I wasn't saying the game is complete. I am saying that combat logging was a big issue in the Mod, so why wasn't this bug fixed before the Alpha was released, instead of making the same mistake twice. Dayz is released. It is not complete but it has been released to anyone who buys it... And by the way, almost everyone eats some of the batter off the mixxing spoon before they cook it.

Oh my God I can't believe there are still threads like this being made.  Lol ok go ahead and ask for a refund, kid.  Enjoy being blacklisted by Steam's billing service.

The game says in multiple places before you buy, to NOT BUY IT.  It's NOT DONE.. It's ALPHA... If you can't read, maybe you shouldn't be in possession of a credit card.

My fuck.  Some people are so dumb.

Lol.. Another "It's Alpha" comment..

if everyone has such a problem with sever hoppers, go into a barrack, wait and take them out. good fuck man, everyone always whining about SH's. so fuckin what. go get some action and go after them if it offends you so much.

If you read my post then you would know that that's exactly what I am doing everyday, most of the day.. Try reading the post before commenting please.

hello there

im in two minds as whether to close this or merge as it has been covered multiple times.

Rgds

LoK

I see that your a Forum Team Member but what specifically in my post say's that I don't know this is Alpha??? I never said anything about the game not running good or unplayable. What I said was that the Devs made the same mistake twice and since this post is covered SOOOOO much then it's obviously making alot of people mad.. I asked 2 specific questions at the beginning of my post and then i went on talking about my experiences with these bugs. This is feedback but just because It's Alpha doesn't mean that the Devs didn't make the same mistake twice in almost the same game and regardless of how many posts people have made about these really bad game breaking bugs, they have yet to be fixed. I am not saying that these bugs will never get fixed, i am saying these bugs are to big to not have been fixed before Alpha testing.. How can Dayz be properly tested and how can players give proper feedback on the game when these type of bugs exist?