MethHeadMario

Hot Spawning, Ghosting, Combat Logging. @@@

This has probably been covered ALOT but I am going to put my 2 cents in also.. Hot Spawning, Ghosting, Combat Logging. WTF Bohemia/Dean.. First off, can someone please explain to me why this wasn't fixed before they even released this game and can it be fixed now that the game has released? I have heard some rumor's that this cannot be fixed with the type of network architecture they have.. If that's the case then I will have to ask for a refund and I think alot of people will do the same because these are game breaking bugs. Combat Logging isn't as bad as the other 2 but it still suck's when you know that person is stuck with no way out and you wait and wait and then finally run in to find out that the person already logged out or you miss that first shot from 600 meters out and watch the character go "POOF" and disappear before your mosin ejects the round..

Hot Spawning A.K.A. Server Hopping is a big one.. Now the server i play on restarts every hour. After almost every restart I get at least 1 kill because someone Hot Spawns into NEAF. It has actually got to the point on my server that Hot Spawner's are spawning behind me on sniper hill and looking for me before they go into the airfield, which has got me to change my position often to avoid being ghosted and killed from behind by an axe. It is almost impossible to avoid being ghosted by a good player because of all the wonky sound bugs.

I just don't get what Dean or Bohemia was thinking when they released this or were they thinking about this at all. It make's me laugh now that i think back to all those video's Dean was saying if i am going to release this game then I want to make sure it's done right. This problem just seems to basic, like something any MMO would take care of long before an Alpha Stage.. I actually did a Google search for these bugs and Holy Sh@@ did i find TONS of stuff about it and it all points to these problems not being fixed correctly.. I am not a game designer but I can see these bug's will be this game downfall or Private Hives will be the only place to play.

Edit: For everyone that is going to say or already has said "This is Alpha". I understand this is Alpha but that doesn't mean Dean shouldn't have learned from previously problems in the mod. This is a problem that shouldn't have been a problem in the first place. I also understand that this is a big issue and has been talked about by who knows how many other people, but if you read the first few sentences, i specifically asked if anyone could confirm the rumors about these problems not being able to be truly fixed and if you trolls out there actually read this then you would have understood I am talking about how these problems should have been addressed before the release considering they were BIG problems in the Dayz Mod..

Edit: Someone actually decided not to troll and gave me this info.. I don't know where he found this but I wish I would have seen it a long time ago..

Game Exploits
* Combat logging protection not working
Currently many of our features such as queued loading, combat logging timeout, etc... have been disabled as there is the possibility that they will cause additional strain on the central server. Once we know that we can handle the load we will begin implementing these. We do expect this will be a long process, and we'll be working with the community to identify effective ways to deal with this. In the meantime, it is going to be <<< From Rocket
Edited by MethHeadMario
  • Like 4

This has probably been covered ALOT but I am going to put my 2 cents in also..

Noone minds you having your own oppinion, but as you figured you could have done that in already existing topics, so it doesn't clutter the forums. :)

• Like 3

I think they should copy Rust by having sleepers that can be killed when players disconnect.  This is the only real fix despite all the QQing it'll cause.

Game is not released.

It's early alpha.

There is tons of warnings that say to not buy it now.

• Like 5

This has probably been covered ALOT but I am going to put my 2 cents in also.. Hot Spawning, Ghosting, Combat Logging. WTF Bohemia/Dean.. First off, can someone please explain to me why this wasn't fixed before they even released this game and can it be fixed now that the game has released? I have heard some rumor's that this cannot be fixed with the type of network architecture they have.. If that's the case then I will have to ask for a refund and I think alot of people will do the same because these are game breaking bugs. Combat Logging isn't as bad as the other 2 but it still suck's when you know that person is stuck with no way out and you wait and wait and then finally run in to find out that the person already logged out or you miss that first shot from 600 meters out and watch the character go "POOF" and disappear before your mosin ejects the round..

Hot Spawning A.K.A. Server Hopping is a big one.. Now the server i play on restarts every hour. After almost every restart I get at least 1 kill because someone Hot Spawns into NEAF. It has actually got to the point on my server that Hot Spawner's are spawning behind me on sniper hill and looking for me before they go into the airfield, which has got me to change my position often to avoid being ghosted and killed from behind by an axe. It is almost impossible to avoid being ghosted by a good player because of all the wonky sound bugs.

I just don't get what Dean or Bohemia was thinking when they released this or were they thinking about this at all. It make's me laugh now that i think back to all those video's Dean was saying if i am going to release this game then I want to make sure it's done right. This problem just seems to basic, like something any MMO would take care of long before an Alpha Stage.. I actually did a Google search for these bugs and Holy Sh@@ did i find TONS of stuff about it and it all points to these problems not being fixed correctly.. I am not a game designer but I can see these bug's will be this game downfall or Private Hives will be the only place to play.

Mate its an alpha. You obviously cannot read a disclaimer, hell you have to click I accept every time you play the game saying you understand its an ALPHA. It states the game is not finished and there will be possible game breaking bugs. Oh and your complaining about not being able to camp on a hill all day and wait for some poor soul to come onto the airfield so you can shoot him and stroke off from afar, Stop crying. You're not gonna get you money back, just un-install and move on. You're wasting space on the forums servers w/ posts like this.

• Like 1

Noone minds you having your own oppinion, but as you figured you could have done that in already existing topics, so it doesn't clutter the forums. :)

Except that the mods would give him a warning for bumping old threads and lock the topic.  LOL.

• Like 2

angry_crying_girl.jpg

Calm down, It'll all be much more awesome in the next few updates, i promise :D they have some awesome stuff planned. The issues right now aren't really the Devs fault so much as it is the people who exploit them :P

• Like 3

Game's in ALPHA, what makes it a pre-release. Think before posting and don't make us lose our time reading your nonsense ranting please.

Someone tries to make a legitimate complaint and all you fanboys can respond with is "IT'S ALPHA".  Almost forgot why I never come on this cancerous site anymore... Fuck me.

• Like 2

Someone tries to make a legitimate complaint and all you fanboys can respond with is "IT'S ALPHA".  Almost forgot why I never come on this cancerous site anymore... Fuck me.

Saying 2+2=4 a million times doesn't make it any less true, and it is only frustrating for people who don't know math. And it still answers a question. :P

Edited by DeatHTaX

WHAT?

Edited by Grimey Rick

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

People don't look into things is the problem imo. Server hopping and combat logging is being fixed.. Read around man :/

• Like 1

There will be solutions to address these problems for sure.

Something as simple as a log out timer will do. Maybe incorporate sleeping bags so you can't log out without getting in to a sleeping bag and you can't log in without getting out if it upon log in unless you are a fresh spawn. I don't know what they will do but I imagine it will be something simple like that.

Right now, in the current state, server hopping is pretty much forced. Doing it maliciously is a choice because it's an ability without restriction at the moment.

While I agree that getting spawning working, fixing glitches, and other things may take a higher priority than adding new loot and painting and such, I'm willing to think that perhaps these fixes are better off waiting until the full load of assets and zombies are in game so that the fixes work for everything.

At this stage of development, you are being asked to test the game and actively report bugs. Complaining about things not yet being addressed or fixed is not productive not is it part of your agreement when purchasing it. Everyone who purchased this had fair warning about the current state of the game and what was expected of them.

Save the complaints for beta. Save the refund requests for retail release.

• Like 11

There will be solutions to address these problems for sure.

Something as simple as a log out timer will do. Maybe incorporate sleeping bags so you can't log out without getting in to a sleeping bag and you can't log in without getting out if it upon log in unless you are a fresh spawn. I don't know what they will do but I imagine it will be something simple like that.

Right now, in the current state, server hopping is pretty much forced. Doing it maliciously is a choice because it's an ability without restriction at the moment.

While I agree that getting spawning working, fixing glitches, and other things may take a higher priority than adding new loot and painting and such, I'm willing to think that perhaps these fixes are better off waiting until the full load of assets and zombies are in game so that the fixes work for everything.

At this stage of development, you are being asked to test the game and actively report bugs. Complaining about things not yet being addressed or fixed is not productive not is it part of your agreement when purchasing it. Everyone who purchased this had fair warning about the current state of the game and what was expected of them.

Save the complaints for beta. Save the refund requests for retail release.

Thank you for explaining that.

Such Beans.

OK, for all of you who say this is Alpha, I think i was a little late getting into the Dayz Mod but Combat logging was a big problem there, so why wasn't all the information collected from the mod used wisely to make sure the same problems were not in the SA?? Now I have looked around for these supposively fixes for these problem and all I have found is people posting thier own opinion for a fix. I did see a couple posts saying that there is some type of timer going to be implemented but I couldnt find the original from the Dev Team.

ugh that wall of text was so heavy it knocked me unconcious.

just in case, i'm pulling out my alpha flag.

• Like 1

I wish to impeach you from this site, and from the white house..

• Like 2

Have you actually seen how Dean plays this game? You shouldn't be surprised they didn't fix those before release.

• Like 2

Mate its an alpha. You obviously cannot read a disclaimer, hell you have to click I accept every time you play the game saying you understand its an ALPHA. It states the game is not finished and there will be possible game breaking bugs. Oh and your complaining about not being able to camp on a hill all day and wait for some poor soul to come onto the airfield so you can shoot him and stroke off from afar, Stop crying. You're not gonna get you money back, just un-install and move on. You're wasting space on the forums servers w/ posts like this.

Lol, I don't KoS everyone that comes to the NEAF, only the Hot Spawner's. If you would have read the post and stop trolling then you would have understood that I am complaining about how these bugs should have been addressed before release consdiering they were big problems in the Mod.

• Like 1

Have you actually seen how Dean plays this game? You shouldn't be surprised they didn't fix those before release.

I know. I don't think he actually plays video games.

Calm down, It'll all be much more awesome in the next few updates, i promise :D they have some awesome stuff planned. The issues right now aren't really the Devs fault so much as it is the people who exploit them :P

Maybe, but these were problems in his Mod, it's his fault for not learning from his previous mistakes. But i also agree with you that people shouldn't use the exploits.

• Like 1