Sign in to follow this  
frosti

Stealth anti server hop?

So I decided to re-arange items in my back pack before log out and I log out.

Then after a while I log in again and surprise - all items that I moved to re-arange are gone, not saved. But all items that I not moved for 15+ minutes are there saved.

Is dat some stealth anti server hop measures?

Anyway pro tip:

Don't move, don't touch items and log out becouse they may not save. Let your items be on their place not moved at least 10+ minutes to be sure you not lose them on log out.

How long was it before you logged out? Sometimes the database doesn't sync properly within the last minute, or so. This is not necessarily an "Antihop-mechanic", it's simply not fast enough to catch up.

This has happened in the mod as well as it does in the SA now - as it's not saved internally on the box it's hosted off. It needs to go to the central hive and be processed there. Which means you might lose progress of the last minute if you log out too quickly.

How long was it before you logged out? Sometimes the database doesn't sync properly within the last minute, or so. This is not necessarily an "Antihop-mechanic", it's simply not fast enough to catch up.

This has happened in the mod as well as it does in the SA now - as it's not saved internally on the box it's hosted off. It needs to go to the central hive and be processed there. Which means you might lose progress of the last minute if you log out too quickly.

I was on the server at least 20 minutes.

I moved to re-arange both new picked items and some items that I had for hours on me some from different servers.

And all items that I moved and logged out after being on server for 20+ minutes were gone.

• Like 1

Then after a while I log in again and surprise - all items that I moved to re-arange are gone, not saved.

tested one sec ago... can´t confirm this.

Edited by NoCheats

Maybe I got the desync then.

I was on the server at least 20 minutes.

I moved to re-arange both new picked items and some items that I had for hours on me some from different servers.

And all items that I moved and logged out after being on server for 20+ minutes were gone.

None if the facts you mentioned matters I'm afraid - as you said yourself it was only the items which you moved that were affected.

You changed the status of those items and I was asking how long this was before you logged out - not how long you had those in your inventory (as that doesn't matter as well - as soon as you change their status by rearranging them they're updated, which makes it absolutely irrelevant for how long you had them in your inventory.)

For me, it seems the inventory plays shitty tetris everytime I log back in. Especially if I'm carrying one large item and many small ones in the backpack.

• Like 2

Did you loot your backpack from a corpse, by any chance?

Nope, I had my backpack from military bulding at me for  many hours and many server switches.

me too :|

I do nice arrange all ammo on right

all med bottom left

foods water in centre close to top

books always bottom right side

extra item where I have space left :thumbsup:  ;)

is good system for me is help find quick and also assist to explain me what I need don't need etc :D

log out :P

is like my girl going through my fucking stuff shit is everywhere :o

and sometime item is gone :huh:

if this happen in real life I tell you now I am not violent guy respect the womans but she pushing luck if she pulling this bullshit >:(

• Like 2

Sorry, maybe I was missreading.

I mean that I do not loose items.

I also have the "re-arange" of the backpack stuff.

Edited by NoCheats

Sorry, maybe I was missreading.

I mean that I do not loose items.

I also have the "re-arange" of the backpack stuff.

That was to be expected, as I have mentioned above.

I have logged in several times to a rearranged backpack and one time it lost the .357 revolver. Gone, had to find another.

Edited by Zardoz75

For me, it seems the inventory plays shitty tetris everytime I log back in. Especially if I'm carrying one large item and many small ones in the backpack.

This this a thousand times this! 

If I want my items rearranged I will do so myself. I think it maybe shifts everything in your backpack downward. I've lost an ammo crate full of Mosin and .45 ammo before.   <_<     So mad.   Do you realize how long it takes to get that much ammo without server hopping??

This this a thousand times this! 

If I want my items rearranged I will do so myself. I think it maybe shifts everything in your backpack downward. I've lost an ammo crate full of Mosin and .45 ammo before.   <_<     So mad.   Do you realize how long it takes to get that much ammo without server hopping??

You know how many times I've set an ammo can down to give a buddy ammo or rearrange it.... then walked off?

Yeah i know, not so bright over here.  I blame lack of coffee :(

I think the backpack arranging thing always happens (I think item position in backpack squares is not saved) except when the backpack is completely filled. I've had items disappearing out of them aswell but I think that both bugs are seperate.