crazyandlazy

What was your most annoying death by another player

I was taught some valuable lessons yesterday that I really should have already known.

A friend and I were at Balota airfield, him with scoped mosin, and me with a shotgun, a sawn off, an FNX, and a magnum. We entered the western jail/barracks and all the doors were closed, and somebody began talking to us from the upstairs room. We spoke for awhile and I edged up the stairs, and he opened fire, luckily hitting the handrail. We told him we'd leave, and carried on to the control tower.

My friend really wanted to kill this guy after he tried to shoot me, so he sat in the tower watching the door to the jail/barracks, while I watched the stairs of the tower. A few minutes later we hear a a shotgun reload, confused, we think somebody must be outside. Suddenly, the guy from before steps out from under the stairs and blows me away with his shotgun. I was so annoyed with myself. We should have left along time ago, or at least realised the reload noise was somebody logging in. Also, dirty ghosting b*stards!

• Like 2

I was checking the tower portion of the fire station and start ascending the stairs to the top i get to the top and fall over dead....some glitch happened in which it caused me to just fall over dead.... Lost all the stuff i had just looted...thankfully it wasn't anything really good.

Headed up to the top of the towers near elektro...got kitted up and was playing with my inventory but didn't see someone else walk up the staircase with a spade = dead.

Scared the crap outta me! lol.

I loot one of those two floor buildings with a jail cell on the first floor. I know the building is fresh, I just cleared it. I think it might be a good time to sit and wait out server hoppers. Sure enough out of the second floor door comes this guy. I smoke him and hear someone shoot down on the first floor. I wait for what seems like hours but truthfully it was probably five minutes. I get antsy and want to check the guys gear. Get up to go and check him and bam from behind. Learned that harsh lesson of patience.

Edited by Grumbuck

Logging in and seeing someone right in front of me, say hello and promptly receive bullets to the face.

It has happened 3 times now.

This is why we really need a system to prevent spawning in within, say, 200 meters of other players.  All it has to do is say, "You're within 200m of another player.  Try again in a few minutes, or try another server."  There, now no more "beaming down" on top of other players.  I'd even be fine with a higher limit, like 400m.

My most annoying deaths in the latest patch?

1.  First login after new patch.  Trying to find a day server--several of them seem to lie.  I found one, but it said, "No KoS" in the title--are you kidding me?  There are no rules in DayZ!  So I tried one more server...and it went from "Please wait..." to "You are dead."  No sounds of fighting or anything, just dead.  I don't have any idea why.  I had all green, all military gear, M4 and Mosin, 45...all gone, and who knows why.

2.  I met 4 random friendlies in Elektro!  We ran north.  Lost one guy to an air-launching glitch.  Lost another to a random axe murderer in a random house.  Then the third guy disconnected, so it was me and my Steam buddy.  We went to the NW airfield.  It was deserted.  I checked the roof of the tower.  As I climbed down the ladder, my buddy ran or glitched or lagged through me, and my body was pushed through the railing and I fell and died.  Sigh.

3.  Yesterday I was in Berezino.  All I had was an axe and other random stuff.  I heard multiple gunshots of multiple types.  I looked down the street from a balcony and saw 7 or 8 guys milling about on the street.  They looked like a ragtag bunch, and I'd had 4 or 5 friendly encounters in the past day, so I thought, why not, maybe they're friendly.  I have little to lose.  So they ran down the street and I got their attention.  They filed into the courtyard and one said, "Hey, we're friendly, we're not going to kill you."  I got a nice screenshot of 6 guys looking at me.  I waved at them.  Then one of them shot me.  "No one messes with OUR TEAM!"  They sounded like playground bullies.  Sigh.

4.  Today I met a random friendly at the shipwreck north of Berezino.  We finished looting the ship together and headed north to the new town.  We ran into a random guy in the town.  He had a sawed off shotgun; we had axes.  We said hello.  I raised my hand in a wave.  The shotgun was lowered.  My framerate was so bad that all I saw was one frame of my hand waving, one frame of red blood splattering, and one frame of "You are dead."  I heard the sound though.  Then he shot my new friend.  We had nothing worth taking.  I was about to offer him some food.

Bottom line, I don't generally have a problem being killed, because it's DayZ: the whole point is that there are no rules.  But it's still lame to be murdered for no reason, when you're being friendly, you have no weapon, and no other gear worth stealing.  It's lame to shoot people in the face just because you can.  I'm not saying it should be against the rules--what is up with these "PvE" servers popping up?  I get murdered on them more than others--but it's still lame.

Any self-respecting bandit will hunt down prey worth killing and do it without being seen.  Because it takes no talent other than a lack of conscience to lie to someone's face and then blow their brains out.

I was taught some valuable lessons yesterday that I really should have already known.

A friend and I were at Balota airfield, him with scoped mosin, and me with a shotgun, a sawn off, an FNX, and a magnum. We entered the western jail/barracks and all the doors were closed, and somebody began talking to us from the upstairs room. We spoke for awhile and I edged up the stairs, and he opened fire, luckily hitting the handrail. We told him we'd leave, and carried on to the control tower.

My friend really wanted to kill this guy after he tried to shoot me, so he sat in the tower watching the door to the jail/barracks, while I watched the stairs of the tower. A few minutes later we hear a a shotgun reload, confused, we think somebody must be outside. Suddenly, the guy from before steps out from under the stairs and blows me away with his shotgun. I was so annoyed with myself. We should have left along time ago, or at least realised the reload noise was somebody logging in. Also, dirty ghosting b*stards!

What makes this so frustrating is that it would be so easy to prevent from happening, if only the server would not let people connect when other players are close to their spawn point.

I was checking the tower portion of the fire station and start ascending the stairs to the top i get to the top and fall over dead....some glitch happened in which it caused me to just fall over dead.... Lost all the stuff i had just looted...thankfully it wasn't anything really good.

So I just realized the title of this was most annoying death by another player. With that being said The most annoying one for me was DayZ crashing while i was running from a room 2 dudes spawned in. Game crashes log back in and had nothing on me and obviously I died.

So.. Military base near Vybor, low pop server daytime. I scaned the area for other players, and went to nearest barracks, all the doors were open, but I didnt think much of it. Suddenly at the exit surviror aims at me with shotgun, I panicked, and start spraying with m4 (badly damaged) from hip. Paff, direct shot from shotgun, paff another, and Im dead. I emptied entire clip at him, but to high, and right of him, probably didn t even scrape him with any of the bullets.

• Like 1

So.. Military base near Vybor, low pop server daytime. I scaned the area for other players, and went to nearest barracks, all the doors were open, but I didnt think much of it. Suddenly at the exit surviror aims at me with shotgun, I panicked, and start spraying with m4 (badly damaged) from hip. Paff, direct shot from shotgun, paff another, and Im dead. I emptied entire clip at him, but to high, and right of him, probably didn t even scrape him with any of the bullets.

That happened to me once. I was off-aim. Aimed directly above his right shoulder away from his head. It sucks :[

• Like 1