rydekk

The CCSD (Chernarian Creepy Stuff Department) Needs investigators for the Radio transmission mystery.

Okay, I ran it through the program and got this.

http://imgur.com/5pvxcH4

A map of the area he wants people to go to.... hes pretty smart whoever this is putting this on. Why is he going to this effort... it can not be a dev....

Edited by Sovietshark

A map of the area he wants people to go to.... hes pretty smart whoever this is putting this on. Why is he going to this effort... it can not be a dev....

He doesn't seem to broadcast very long either. Who is he trying to reach? It's almost like it has to be someone that knows someone is looking/listening...

I did notice that this one was a much cleaner sound... nothing like the sirens and background grit in the other one.

The radio transmission from Elektro is false. I have a radio and was in Elektro. Put it on that frequency and only heard silence.

This is just a thought and it MAY not work but...

Opening the Player's list one is able to individually click on each person who is on the server. When clicked, on the right side appears to be a window with their ping, other numbers and what not. Additionally, there is a "Mute" button WHICH I am unsure if it works since I have not tried it.

Considering it works, if you mute everyone else on the server wouldn't that confirm if a person is indeed doing the broadcast? Taeking into consideration the mute button works for Radio transmissions or it only works with Direct communication.

Has anyone asked the dev team to confirm or deny this? They are actually really good about interfacing with the comunity. 

If they straight out say no, most likely it is player created.

If they act mysterious or give to the ol' winky face, then anything is possible.

They wont 100% confirm though i bet. 

Nice job dude! It was on the server "Civil Warriors".

can you get me the IP and Port? it don't appear on my server list....

I also think he's not a dev because he took back his first message and that was I think because he hasnt got time at 12pm and want it now at 19:00

This wasn't on Civil Warriors server...

Yeah I know but I'm going to check every server and time because there also could be a real one made by the devs.

Ok guys very good work from everyone. That looks really creepy to be a hoax. Well lets see the elektro signal. There are 5 different codes through the video so lets see which of them, we have decrypt so far

00:13 - 01:24 =

01:31 - 01:35 =

01:43 - 02:01 = "CQ CQ CQ DE C1. GOTO 0" (VieuxPoulpe)

02:04 - 02:40 =

03:05 - 03:46 =

Edited by Prezonaftis

C1 is a player and its a hoax. I think you'll be killed if you go there by the 5th of February.

then by doing this much work just to do an ambush, i would just call it a cool death and he can have all my bean for 3 lives :) 

Why don't two people try to simulate the possible "hoax".

Play the recording through the mic. And get someone to record it via the walkie talkie and see if its the same quality on the youtube video.

then by doing this much work just to do an ambush, i would just call it a cool death and he can have all my bean for 3 lives :)

Yea if I have time I will be there too but its on my position 02:00.

Furthermore I've got more evidence that C1 isnt a dev simply because the devs are at the Czech Republic and therefore they've got a ping around 200. I know that because I live in Germany and I have a ping > 200 on the Civil Warriors server.

Yea if I have time I will be there too but its on my position 02:00.

Furthermore I've got more evidence that C1 isnt a dev simply because the devs are at the Czech Republic and therefore they've got a ping around 200. I know that because I live in Germany and I have a ping > 200 on the Civil Warriors server.

same ping as i'm getting from denmark, i can't even get the server to show up in my list with ping set to show below 300 :) you have the IP and port for it??

This is just a thought and it MAY not work but...

Opening the Player's list one is able to individually click on each person who is on the server. When clicked, on the right side appears to be a window with their ping, other numbers and what not. Additionally, there is a "Mute" button WHICH I am unsure if it works since I have not tried it.

Considering it works, if you mute everyone else on the server wouldn't that confirm if a person is indeed doing the broadcast? Taeking into consideration the mute button works for Radio transmissions or it only works with Direct communication.

This is a verry good point. I think we should try this out.

Has anyone asked the dev team to confirm or deny this? They are actually really good about interfacing with the comunity. 

If they straight out say no, most likely it is player created.

If they act mysterious or give to the ol' winky face, then anything is possible.

They wont 100% confirm though i bet.

To be honest, if I were a developer, I would never admit that this signal is not from us. Look at what the players do here to solve the mystery. It would be unwise to admit the developer are not responsible for this.

invite sent. you are welcome to maintain your current group if you like. Likewise if you prefer a merger all of your members are welcome to join as well. I see no reason why you should have to abolish your creation, unless you want to.

Any member of the CCSD is of course, free to join this group as well.

Can you add me please? I was in the original CCSD group as well.

Steam name is Bushwaka

Regards...

Edited by Bushwaka

Please add me to the group, steam name is based blets (deathcore pikachu image).

Maybe someone could do a summary of what we've already got, what we've proven to be player broadcast and what isn't?

I'm calling the C1 thing a hoax, signal is way too clear and simple.

i really want to believe the Elektro transmission, but the fact that it only appears on the name dropped server makes me doubt.

I'm European btw, so I volunteer to search servers that have not been name dropped. I can also record, just gotta find myself a walkie talkie

039-108 isn´t exactly a deer stand in the tree line, but in the field some 20 mtrs across from it. I thought I´d mention it because the others seem pretty much spot on. Also, a green metal deer stand is a lookout tower.

I´m using dayzdb.com´s map to verify.

Also, once you plot all coordinates on a map (I use izurvive.com/chernarusplus) you see no apparent correlation between the dots (yet). I´m not into fibonacci diagrams or anything, but if someone with bigger math skills could opine, that´d great. One thing is for sure, they´re all on the EASTERN side of Chernarus. Which makes me wonder if there is a similar broadcast on the WESTERN side of the map too, with different coordinates? It may help understand the seemingly random location of the coordinates.

• Like 1

One thing isn't mentioned. What frequency? Also no one commented on the fact the transmission in the video is in English, not russian :)

i think 82.7 was mentioned earlier

Question: Devteam announced for the upcoming patch which I think is already on experimental and goes stable 5-7 Feb:

DayZ Changelog 0.33.114855 (pending)

Gear: Book, radio, pot, pan, gas canisters, matchbox, paper, firewood and stone can be placed in hands

source: http://pastebin.com/ctBrHdDT

Now the radio is something that should be able to receive these messages too? Especially if there´s some civil defense message being played? Has anyone on the experimental branch took one of these (assuming they´re referring to the actual radios you see in houses, not the walkie talkies ie two-way radio!) and listened to it?

Edited by unicornsmustdie