rydekk

The CCSD (Chernarian Creepy Stuff Department) Needs investigators for the Radio transmission mystery.

Yesterday I had a conversation with Hicks who said that they project to add a huge prison. So maybe they will place it up there

Edited by Prezonaftis
  • Like 1

Yesterday I had a conversation with Hicks who said that they project to add a huge prison. So maybe they will place it up there

I could see that... that space is certainly large enough for one. It's pretty awesome that this is gonna unfold before our eyes!

And an invite to the Steam group also! Unless I missed something....

Those signals from the video rydekk posted are seriously freaky. 

uh? What did i post?

I wish my Great uncle was still alive, he was a signals guy in WW2... would be useful here!

Because I started recording while running from Balota airfield. I have about 20 mins worth of video prior to this clip, but thats just me running in the woods. No point including that.

well there is a translation to the morse code?

well there is a translation to the morse code?

I don't know morse code and it's pretty hard to decipher when its that fast. Maybe someone more skilled will know.

I don't know morse code and it's pretty hard to decipher when its that fast. Maybe someone more skilled will know.

I don't know many people who know morse. Asked the guy who did the zelenogorsk translation. he can't decypher it

Would really like to join in on this steam name - darkabyss616 cheers

invite sent.

Steam name is Артём.

Which one are you? There are MANY steam accounts with that exact name.

Edited by Crazykage

Which one are you? There are MANY steam accounts with that exact name.

Oh... I'll change my steam name to Victus Mortuus.

Oh... I'll change my steam name to Victus Mortuus.

Invite sent. please allow up to 2-5 business days for the internet to put the invitation on your doorstep.

• Like 1

At the end of that Elektro recording where it gave morse code in the beginning, it almost sounds like a binary transmission that was used in the Portal 2 announcement Arg. 

The Binary Signal(SSTV images) in the elektro video starts at 3:04(ish)

Compare them:

Portal 2 Binary

The Elektro Binary:

http://youtu.be/PZv5-VLZE2A?t=3m2s

That was the Portal announcement SSTV transmission, you could run the SSTV transmission(I forget the program) and it actually came out as an image. If someone could extract JUST the binary sounds from that video then you may be able to get a picture from it. 

Edited by Sovietshark

Anyone good with morse code?

So I just received my second transmittion as I was approaching Elektro from the northern woods.

I was running with my transmitter on while this happend... (excuse the quality)

This was however on the name dropped server "Civil Warriors". At around 19:45 server time and about 20 players on the server.

I have now looked into this video quite a bit, and here are my conclusions thus far:

At about 1.22 in the video, listening closely, I can hear what appears to be an air raid or other emergency broadcast siren behind the morse code. Turn up the volume and listen closely.

The morse code is playing at a fairly high RPM, making it difficult to manually translate using a morse code cheat sheat. Whoever is responsible did not want to make it easy to decipher. In addition, as previously stated, the broadcast also contains a binary transmission, which will likely produce an image if the right software is used.

This, even more so than the ENS (elektro number station) broadcast, is highly elaborate, and is not something your average player would know how to produce. It would take time, effort, research, and knowledge that most people do not have the expertise and equipment to produce. Not impossible, but as I said before about the ENS, an awful lot of effort for a simple prank on the off chance that someone MIGHT be listening. I still find it more likely that this and the ENS is an artifact created by the game developers. Something they left for us to find. And something that would take a community effort to decipher.

The only big reason that I am still not 100% sure is that these or other broadcasts have not been detected on more than 2 different servers. We need to be checking more servers than just the "Civil Warriors" server (not very civil, as ive been killed twice there, lol).

To all those that have posted recorded evidence, please message me with your steam profile name, so I can invite you to the official steam investigation group. There you can fill out a STRIP report and information can be organized for easier access and analysis, and for posterity. After that, you are of course welcome to stay with the group and continue to help the investigation if you desire. Also, I would ask that those involved in the hunt and investigation of the radio towers also join us, as the information may very well be relevant to the investigation.

Edited by Crazykage

I just found out on this vid ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZv5-VLZE2A ) from 1:45 to 2:02 

"CQ CQ CQ DE C1. GOTO 0" 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morse_code_abbreviations

Excellent work! undoubtedly the "go to 0" was to be followed by more numbers, probably coordinates.

Are you interested in joining the official investigation team on steam?