rydekk

The CCSD (Chernarian Creepy Stuff Department) Needs investigators for the Radio transmission mystery.

That's a significant amount of extra terrain up there compared to the mod... I wonder whats up there, in those woods?

To make this all clear, this stuff is only happening at night time?

When i get a battery im gonna trybit out.

Also when i look at the dayzdb map with only the deer stand filter on i can see that there are 4 deer stands around GM cants find an other locations with that much deerstands around. They are between 200 and 500 metera away from the radio tower.

Dont know if it helps to point it out.

Hi Guys,

I have to say this is a pretty awesome thread, was speaking with one of my clan buddies and he says there is a radio tower at 080 072 as this was our base location when we played Epoch. I will check this out this weekend and confirm its location and direction where the antenna are pointing. 

Cheers

Chard

There's a radio tower on Skalisty isn't there?

Where do all of the 1 directional radio towers point?

Have you got any coordinates? I will check it out

To ask another question,

Does anyone have co-ordinates of the Radio Transmitters (Ham Radion Boxes) as yet?

6yTku.jpg

Also has anyone checked these Radios to see if there are any viewable frequency numbers on the dials/display/ on the box externally?

Yeah coordinates of radio are 037-120. I also checked the display but there is nothing that i can see clearly

Hi Guys,

I have to say this is a pretty awesome thread, was speaking with one of my clan buddies and he says there is a radio tower at 080 072 as this was our base location when we played Epoch. I will check this out this weekend and confirm its location and direction where the antenna are pointing. 

Cheers

Chard

Ok check it out and let me know.

I am up to north and i will check the "base" to the up-left corner of map. I have a walkie-talkie so if i am lucky i can hear a signal over there

Edited by Prezonaftis

ok guys no one will probably believe me and i will be flamed probably but here it goes.its not related to green mountain transmissions specificly.

me and my buddy was in a highly populated server( dont knw which one) and we were in the woods deep north of cherno. we came across to a little village. which does not show up in the map.(probably cuz its so small) since we were in a full server we were a little tense. we were going really slow. i have no walkie talkies on me by the way. suddenly i heard a crystal clear voice . a woman. speaking english. it was from a movie or tv show probably from the 1950's and the woman was speaking about something to someone.(more like giving advices about relation ships.it was like soap opera scene probably. i was like wtf?! then i thought someone was near us and i immediatly thought he or she was messing with us before he or she shoots us. i went prone in a heartbeat and started looking every direction like a madman.my buddy said what the fuck mate are you watching videos on youtube while we play? i was so fucking confused i alt tabbed the game and look for a browser or a program in my desktop. there was nothing there.i went back to the game and the woman is speaking still. my buddy everyone will hear us put that shit down man its not funny. i told him i wasnt me but he did not believe me.so i exit the game and went back in. it was gone.

now can somebody kindly put this experience in logic and make any kind of reasoning?

no one will probably believe me. but it did happen. remember no walkie talkies on me. we were in isolated place. and no one is with us .(or someone is but we did not see anyone.if some player did this? why? and why a women speaking about her love life from a 50's tv show? also if a player near us did this. he did not shoot my buddy or did not do anything to him. i logged out and it was gone when i logged in.

this shit is getting creepy as hell.

If you could reproduce this sound fragment, with videoproof. then we can investigate this!

If you could reproduce this sound fragment, with videoproof. then we can investigate this!

yeah that would be great but i dont know where i was exctly when i heard it.but will record if i hear it again.

Edited by madturk

I didn't manage to get a full sweep done of that area NW of the NW airfield for new towers. I am posted up there in the woods though, and will continue looking around when I get a chance later tonight. I think maybe we should start documenting all the story/history related additions to the map as we find them. For example get some pictures of the crashed helicopter and those kinds of things and see what background we can deduce from those types of things as well. We could see if we can reconstruct the flow of the infection spreading across the map...

• Like 1

Looking at Prezonaftis's fine map of the radio transmitters there seems to be very little in the way of transmitters in the middle of the map. I might explore the middle when I get a chance. Looking at the Topographical map linked by Shael - good prospects look between the triangle of Novy, Gorka and Grishino. I'll try there first. Then swing by Malinovka, (avoiding the tanks ;) ) Head to the hill above Pusta and then hunt for a walkie-talkie at Elektro.

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes

So should we still be checking out the servers that got name dropped? Someone obviously was trying to get people's attention with the signals originally. But if it just leads back to green mountain again there may just be no point to it. Then again closure is kinda nice.

• Like 1

OK this was a tough one to map but I thought the middle looked empty so here's another one.

It's on a hill South East of the hill Lesney Khrebet.  Coords 083 078

2WJMuq1.jpg

Here's the view standing slightly north west of Goglovo roughly looking  north, Goglovo is on the road south east of Novy

UyhFQVL.jpg

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes
  • Like 1

This obviously has something to do with the Buzzer and Operators responding, but why, what radio frequency, and what would they be responding about?...

Edited by Sovietshark

shit..this is awesome! i feel regret throwing away the walkie talkie!! Who made this message? is it part of the game? wow can it be some sort of side mission to actually found out what actually cause the outbreak?

Anyone good with morse code?

So I just received my second transmittion as I was approaching Elektro from the northern woods.

I was running with my transmitter on while this happend... (excuse the quality)

This was however on the name dropped server "Civil Warriors". At around 19:45 server time and about 20 players on the server.

• Like 5

So I just received my second transmittion as I was approaching Elektro from the northern woods.

This was however on the name dropped server "Civil Warriors". At around 19:45 server time and about 20 players on the server.

The tragic thing if you'd stopped running my morse audio reader would have picked it up better, all  I got was rubbish

If you get a transmission STOP RUNNING AND MOVING!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes
  • Like 1

The tragic thing if you'd stopped running my morse audio reader would have picked it up better, all  I got was rubbish

If you get a transmission STOP RUNNING AND MOVING!!!!!!!!!

Thats too bad. I was trying to get closer in to town to get a clearer signal without being KOS'ed by another player.

But really? A morse code reader and it's that sensetive...

• Like 1

Thats too bad. I was trying to get closer in to town to get a clearer signal without being KOS'ed by another player.

But really? A morse code reader and it's that sensetive...

Its an android app. Yeah your running was as loud as the morse. I tried the first transmission posted on this thread and it was nonsense too, (even without the girls voice). So maybe yours was a load or crap as well?

Maybe it doesn't mean anything.

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes

The part from 3:00 minutes on is what is very intriguing, the morse code can be done a lot easier than decoding that mess at the end. Anyone have any idea on what that is? 

Also, would it be a good idea to make a whole subreddit about the CCSD and a steam group so that way we all can better co-ordinate our moves and protect each other while investigating. It seems when we investigate alone we are either to scared to do anything because we might get shot or we get shot investigating. 

Edited by Sovietshark
  • Like 3

I've just tested the app with a morse code vid on you tube and it works but it's super sensitive.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jfedor.morsecode&hl=en

So if folk get a transmission minimize all sound if possible mainly running, running really kills it.  Plz find cover and hit prone and keep recording.

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes
  • Like 1

The part from 3:00 minutes on is what is very intriguing, the morse code can be done a lot easier than decoding that mess at the end. Anyone have any idea on what that is? 

Also, would it be a good idea to make a whole subreddit about the CCSD and a steam group so that way we all can better co-ordinate our moves and protect each other while investigating. It seems when we investigate alone we are either to scared to do anything because we might get shot or we get shot investigating. 

I'm happy to be the radio transmitter finder and help translate the Morse should we get it again. If someone else wants to set up the groups? This should be are main port of call though to keep things centralized.

• Like 1

lets set down some basic ground rules for the investigation:

If you manage to detect a signal:

At all times, exercise caution. You cant help the investigation if you are dead (at least, until you gear up again). Every action you take will be a risk. Those who are able to record should be especially careful, as crucial information could be lost if you die.

STEP 1: STOP and press "P" and take a screenshot of the player list if you are not recording. If you are recording, simply press "P" to show the list in the video.

STEP 2: If you are recording, proceed to move towards the signal until you can hear the broadcast clearly and there is less static. Then STOP in the safest place you can quickly find, and record the entire event. If you are NOT recording, proceed as far as possible towards the transmission, getting closer as it comes in more clearly. Try as best as possible to find the source of the transmission, or at the least, its general area.

STEP 3: When the transmission ends, press "P" and take a second screenshot of the player list, or if you are recording, once again show it in the video.

STEP 4: When appropriate and/or safe, return here and fill out a "STRIP" report:

S: Server Name

T: Time of day (server time)

R: Recordings (if applicable)

I: Information (Location and direction of movement when broadcast is detected, any players you spot and their movements, etc. Especially important section for those that do not have recordings)

P: Player list (before and after)

Rydekk, I would recommend copying and pasting this to the first post in the thread, so that it gets better exposure.

Edited by Crazykage
  • Like 5

Are these radio towers in Arma 2? If they are in Arma 2 it's pointless trying to find a pattern between them since they're simply a port.

• Like 1

If anyone hears this again be sure to record what you can. As far as the Morse code goes there's always solving it manually. International_Morse_Code_150.png

I used to try and tap morse messages to my friends at school during tests. Usually just consisted of the letters F and U.