rydekk

The CCSD (Chernarian Creepy Stuff Department) Needs investigators for the Radio transmission mystery.

we haven't yet ruled out the possibility that it is a hoax. It COULD be a broadcast from another player. in which case, its still REAL, just not an in game easter egg.

This pretty much sums up the current situation^.

Until it is PROVEN, my operating assumption is that this is a hoax. A good one. Consider also the fact that it only seems to appear in mid to hi pop servers. If even ONE other person is in the server, they could be responsible. And its not even possible to correlate names of those present (in server) during a "broadcast" due to the newly implemented name changing system (otherwise it might be possible to track who is responsible).

I will believe it when I see proof: I hear it for myself, in an otherwise empty server.

However, although I cannot confirm the authenticity of the broadcast, NEITHER can I say it is not legitimate.

After having a little think about Thrasher's recording. Despite being very convincing footage. It is most likely a hoax.

Because the thing that gives it away was that the signal was muffled and staticky the second time he heard it. If the signal was being globally transmitted say from green mountain or even electro. A global signal wouldn't become staticky in the first place. The only logical explanation would be that there was a "stream broadcaster" most likely sitting in electro and as thrasher moved further away from the 1km limitations of each of their transmitters, the signal became more static.  

We all want to believe there is a broadcast being sent out to our transmitters but when you think about how many people have actually heard the signal on like 2 servers? It just doesn't add up. Although the only way you could actually prove this theory is if you found and killed the broadcaster, while he played the signal and then the signal stopped. 

still there, in server. nothing. only me an one other person in server atm.

The fact that the broadcast faded out as they moved away (got out of range) and that this has, thus far, only been detected on 2 servers, leads me to think that this is in all likelihood a hoax.

but im still sittin here, listening to my transmitter....lol.

UPDATE:

OK. Just sat in the Civil Warriors server from just after 20:00 until restart. Nothing on the transmitter. And I was pretty much sitting exactly where thrasher was in the video.

As in thrasher's description of events, after the restart, the server was in daytime.

At no time did I receive ANY signals, on ANY servers, during this entire play session.

At this juncture, I am not willing to rule out the possibility of a hoax.

The transmission is real, however, its probably VictorM who is putting on a show for everyone.

I'm calling hoax for now.

Yes,maybe it is a hoax,after all all tests showed no proofs,maybe just maybe it is a hoax.

Basically who know?only the devs knows for sure.

We'll keep investigating this message until we are sure this is jsut a hoax.

Perhaps Victor should not point out any more transmissions or servers and let us do the searching.

If this is above all a hoax. Then i'm deeply dissapointed.

To all investigators, this is what we need to do;

Check Electro for transmissions, Both on high and low populations

Check GM for transmissions

Check Zelenogorsk for a possible transmission.

Edited by rydekk

I didn't know you could broadcast with the transmitters. So lets look at this logically.

The person who claimed to find this originally has claimed to have heard it on other servers. He name dropped servers. He even mentioned the TIME he "heard" them. Those servers are where other recordings have come from. It COULD be a hoax. The person who originally "discovered" it could know people would go to the servers named, and he could be broadcasting knowing people would be there listening.

On the other hand, prior to the last update the transmitter was still known as a walkie talkie, I don't believe it had multiple channels or anything either. There were a lot of new things added in the last update that werent in the patch notes. The transmitter was clearly updated. Why would they update the item so early in the alpha if there was no real use?

Good theory! Have my beans!

• Like 1

This pretty much sums up the current situation^.

Until it is PROVEN, my operating assumption is that this is a hoax. A good one. Consider also the fact that it only seems to appear in mid to hi pop servers. If even ONE other person is in the server, they could be responsible. And its not even possible to correlate names of those present (in server) during a "broadcast" due to the newly implemented name changing system (otherwise it might be possible to track who is responsible).

I will believe it when I see proof: I hear it for myself, in an otherwise empty server.

However, although I cannot confirm the authenticity of the broadcast, NEITHER can I say it is not legitimate.

So, we keep investigating this mate! :)

I am in the NW section in the area being discussed. 

Do not have a radio, need to find one, where is a good place to find on in the NW area? I believe I am around or near Zelenogorsk.

I am in the NW section in the area being discussed. 

Do not have a radio, need to find one, where is a good place to find on in the NW area? I believe I am around or near Zelenogorsk.

They usually spawn in firestations, atleast thats where i have found all of mine.

hoax.

We're investigating it. We've developed theories backing up this transmission, we've also developed theories it's not.

Just a matter of time before we can call this one confirmed or busted.

I'm currently located near Pavlovo, Zelenogorsk and the transmitter @ 037120. Going to check all the frequencies at 1800-1810, 1900-1910, 2000-2010 and 2100-2110 hours 

Edited by Ansssi

sds.jpg

Wanted to ask the Original finder of the transmission. Then i saw this message...

sds.jpg

Wanted to ask the Original finder of the transmission. Then i saw this message...

Yeah, pretty much excpected. I still love what he did tho.

I have found a big radio tower at 028-113 so maybe the signal near Zelenogorsk broadcasting from there

I'm currently located near Pavlovo, Zelenogorsk and the transmitter @ 037120. Going to check all the frequencies at 1800-1810, 1900-1910, 2000-2010 and 2100-2110 hours 

sds.jpg

Maybe his inbox is full of messages

Don't have to be. However, as the original message could be fake. A lot of time has passed. Perhaps there are transmissions inplemented. To which, will be found.

However. The CCSD is close to reaching a final conclusion based on the information we got so far.

Investigations will continue until they're at a standstill or we're at the final conclusion

Don't have to be. However, as the original message could be fake. A lot of time has passed. Perhaps there are transmissions inplemented. To which, will be found.

However. The CCSD is close to reaching a final conclusion based on the information we got so far.

Investigations will continue until they're at a standstill or we're at the final conclusion

So all chances its a hoax?

Because the origins of dayz are very interesting,for me,so its will be very disappointing if its all a hoax. :(

So all chances its a hoax?

Because the origins of dayz are very interesting,for me,so its will be very disappointing if its all a hoax. :(

We began this investigation to see wether or not this is a hoax, and if not. continue from that.

As i'm unable to ask victor questions about this in private. I'm asking him to install the Fraps trial. ( it's free) and record a snippet of broadcast when he can. Proving he's not making the transmission himself.

We began this investigation to see wether or not this is a hoax, and if not. continue from that.

As i'm unable to ask victor questions about this in private. I'm asking him to install the Fraps trial. ( it's free) and record a snippet of broadcast when he can. Proving he's not making the transmission himself.

Maybe we need to test it yourself,like sitting in the green mountain,put the transmitter on,and basically wait until there will be a broadcast,thats it,basically.......

Maybe we need to test it yourself,like sitting in the green mountain,put the transmitter on,and basically wait until there will be a broadcast,thats it,basically.......

Well... That's what dozens of people have been doing so far with no result in the past 2 days...

That entry is full of misinformation. It says the radio can't be acquired in game legitimately, which we all know is false. The screenshot appears to be from the mod as that looks nothing like the radios I have encountered in the standalone. The text about green mountain seems to just bee a straight copy from posts in the mod forums.

Edit: Upon clicking the Mod:radio link on the page, it actually is just a direct copy of the Mod radio entry.

Edited by Poran
  • Like 2

Guys, Guys, i am seriously flattered you think its me but believe me its not. I wish I was that creative and or good with audio manipulation. I suck at putting files into my iphone let alone doing this. In fact, I wasent even in the server at the time when Bjurrson took his video. He opens up the player list. My player name is VictorM. I left the server to check my history so that I could post the highest the server i thought it was. I didnt look at the name of the server when I joined. I didn't join again for a bit. I went and got some food, checked up on this thread. I was on i want to say for about 10-15 before server restarted. 

I can see where you might think its me. Coincidence with a little bit of right place, right time. For one, I have been on a night server binge lately. I also only like to play on servers that have a decent amount of people. Night servers arent popular so I filter the server list so that the full servers are at the top and then join the first night server I see on the list. Usually the highest pop night server. Both times I did this I heard the signal. I did this a few times after the Civil server restarted but never heard it again. 

To all the people who are trying to investigate this with radios, this transmission is not constant. It plays for a while, then stops, then plays again. If you are server hopping, checking 87.8 and then moving on you could easily miss it. Then you have 100s of servers on top of that. It probably is someone playing a transmission through the radio. That is awesome and I hope they continue this and further the player-made content further once Rocket adds more stuff that would allow us to build our own scenarios. I wish I could claim responsibility but it is not me. Maybe whoever is broadcasting just happens to be broadcasting when I get on too play which is usually later in the day. Sunday I was out fishing all day so got on around 5 or 6 PM Pacific Standard time. Last night I got off work at 5 and got on around 5:30 PM Pacific time.

The commonality between servers are just that they were night servers between 2000 hours and 0300 hours as far as I can remember with around 6 or more people on them. 

I highly doubt it is engine based though as if it was, it would be broadcast on a wider band freq and at much higher transmission rate to simulate Green Mountains capabilities. We would be able to hear it all over. 

As for the message thing, I have absolutely no idea why it says I cant receive messages. Maybe a mod can chime in.

Edited by VictorM

As am I, however that wiki link proves nothing. They don't cite any reasons, only the conclusion that it's a hoax.

Sure sounds player-driven at this point.  But unless more info out there, I don't think we can completely rule out dev-implemented vs. player.

• Like 1