Sgt_Slaughter

Invincible Server Admins

Anyone else getting fed up with server admins that immediately press the server restart button when they die?

(For anyone that doesnt know, if they immediately reset the server after death the database doesnt have a chance to record the death and when the server restarts theyre alive again)

Honestly who needs hacks when you can just rent a server and never have fear of death

/Discuss

• Like 6

First time I have heard of this but I agree totally. If you see the hoops you need to go through to start a server then you should indeed make a note and report it. The DayZ team is very strict about this sort of thing I am sure.

Yeah I've had a pretty fun experience with a server admin once. He sniped my friend so I got the jump on him. He restarted the server over 10+ times each time I killed him. He had to ghost and come back to kill me. 

such ppl looks like think they don't rent public server, they rent legal "god mode" for game.. lol

ofc this is unfair option, dev's must think about "restart timer 30 min" to prevent such situations with server admins  <_<

Edited by MysticL

Why i am no fan at all of anyone other than BI/DayZ team having control over servers. I would rather pay a monthly sub than have this.

• Like 2

LOL Oh GEEEZZZ it's so HARD to change servers...xD

I can confirm this happens. My buddy and I were sniping the Bolata Airfield camping server to server (I know shame on us bandits) and there were probably 4 other guys on a server that were not us. We were just going to loot some more ammo on this one when we saw some guy nonchalantly walks into the middle of the field and starts shooting his gun at every zombie he sees. One of the guys on the server had a clan tag matching the server, and I head-shot him in about 25 seconds after we saw him on the first shot. Shortly after, the server reset. The guy was gone when we went back in and we heard noise behind us, and the guy had ghost logged to us. He killed my buddy but I pulled out my .45 and took him out right after. Server reset again, and we just didn't log back on. One time I can see as a rare coincidence, but not twice. It was the same guy both times. 

• Like 1

Happens on every server.

If you are unlucky sometimes server resets even more when admin and his friends are farming loot.

• Like 2

Its not about changing servers to escape the issue. Its the fact that the server admins are abusing game mechanics to make themselves invincible

Edited by Sgt_Slaughter
  • Like 2

I have not experienced this at all, but if it is indeed happening, then that is just an inexcusably shitty thing to do.

Why do such people even bother playing games? I thought us gamers liked to challenge ourselves, if they just want nonstop gratification, then why don't they just spend all their free time wanking it instead? Very perplexing.

• Like 1

Some posts here imply every admin is a corrupt motherf'er trying to abuse any possible bit in the system...

Without any of them you wouldn't be playing much. Some are surely "d-heads", but come on now...

Edited by Combine
  • Like 3

Some posts here imply every admin is a corrupt motherf'er trying to abuse any possible bit in the system...

Without any of them you wouldn't be playing much. Some are surely "d-heads", but come on now...

This has always been my qualm. ALL Admins aren't doing this, it's the asshat Admins that are and put us decent ones in a bad light. It's too bad there aren't more stringent rules to gain access to Administering a server because some Admins just lack the brain capacity and the moral capacity to run a decent server. It's all about them and how they can exploit their server to gain the upper hand, not about serving the community the way it should be.

As far as this thread and OP are concerned... Yeah, there's definite problems that need to be addressed as far as Admins are concerned but how bout we at least say "Some Admins" are abusing their powers rather than throwing us all into the same fucking basket. Thanks!

Happens on every server.

You should know better than saying that. It obviously doesn't and a generalization like that doesn't really help the community trust in fair Administrators, which is unfair for us fair Admins.

These things have happened on the mod already and you can report those servers if you have the suspision, that that is happening. Make sure to use your ability to report servers like that - or nothing will ever change.

Without any of them you wouldn't be playing much. Some are surely "d-heads", but come on now..

we still have the official servers.... if i can rent a server and play in it like a god is the same i go buy a perm uptodate hack to dayz 

this can't happen with the devs know it happen!! or it will just be a freepass to say well if u wanna hack or get advantage of bugs u find go ahead...

That's utter bullshit at its finest right there. I admin a server and I don't go resetting or crying when I get killed, EVER! That's blatant abuse. I rarely even tell anyone i'm the admin when I meet up with people.

I've said it before, but being an admin is maintaining a server properly. It isn't an excuse for being a fucking dickbag. If an admin cannot act like a normal, every day player of that server and have to do shit like this, they have no damn business having a server at all.

Good admins don't interfere like this. Think of the other people that could have been trying to play on that server that kept getting disconnect messages every minute or so because this idiot doesn't want to die fairly. They were just putting them out too, disrupting their game experience for totally selfish and unfair reasons.

There isn't a whole lot that admins have control over at the moment, but with what functionality we do have, I try to appeal to my player base by listening to what they suggest, keeping my restarts punctual and try not to interfere with their experiences.

Edit: I would say the harshest thing I've ever done as an admin was kick 2 players with the highest ping to let a couple of friends on because the server was full. Still, that's not something I would do very often and don't enjoy doing it by any right. But hey, being an admin does at least have some small perks. I just don't think someone should go around kicking people all of the time like some sort of asshole.

Edited by Gekkonidae

same happened to me today.

got shot in face in baracks but my buddies killed him. and boom instantly server reboot

i got my loot back and he too most likely, fix it before it gets out of hands by stupid kiddies and sore losers

Edited by LaxeCas

also admins are so fucked up that they put into server name that they reboot server constantly for loot farm....

You can probably report the abuse to whatever company hosts the servers

to be completely honest..i used to be an admin on a server on the mod, i cant see a reason for them to do this as most admin tools allow you to be literally "GOD" spawn anything in, and be invincible, i personally frown on this as i was an admin, if you cant take playing the game legit and fear being killed.....then you are playing the wrong game because its part of dayz, admin or not your fair game to bandits, all they see is someone running and a target. period the end

~Dirt Diver

it is silly to just make a blanket accusation. I know there are many admins who are fair minded folks.

The way i see it, with "x" number of admins you the "POTENTIAL" for "x" chances of abuse.  We are all human and even folks with the best of intentions will find ways to justify behavior. Their may even be times when questinable action are warranted. Sometimes the end does justify the means. The only person who is 100% impartial is the one who has no interest in the outcome.

There is something i am curious about and maybe some of the honest sever admins can help me out. Why would anyone want to be a server admin? Doesn’t that take away from the game play? Seems like a lot of time and effort that could be spent just playing the game. I know what motivates the dishonest admin. Just interested in what motivates you honest admins.

I'm not saying all admins do it, just from my experience every admin I've killed TO MY KNOWLEDGE has done it. 

There is something i am curious about and maybe some of the honest sever admins can help me out. Why would anyone want to be a server admin? Doesn’t that take away from the game play? Seems like a lot of time and effort that could be spent just playing the game. I know what motivates the dishonest admin. Just interested in what motivates you honest admins.

I do it because I enjoy seeing people come together. I want to provide a good playing experience for myself and more importantly, the people that play on the server. I personally like 3PP:ON, but a number of players and the other guy that admins like 1PP:ON, so we switched it to that. I've also been getting a few requests to add in at least some night time to the server. I prefer day, but just to spice it up, I make around an hour of it night with the rest of it day. When it comes down to it, I want to help out the community with the way they want to play with what small amount of power I do have to help with that. It doesn't take a lot of time investment to do that. I mainly just play on the server, hang out with people on it and have a good time. I rarely introduce myself as the admin, because I don't want that affecting the way anyone would communicate with me. I might be an admin, but i'm a player just like anyone else.

As an admin, we don't really have that much power at all at the moment. I actually like it that way, because it largely keeps out assholes who have a spare few bucks to pay for power. I understand why the devs laid down some ground rules. But even now, you see people trying to bend those rules as much as they can. I hope that the bad ones are being reported. I've played on some servers in the past where I really liked the admins and then watched it go to a few of their heads. I quit playing on those servers because of their utterly shitty actions. There is no global chat at the moment, and it's hard to detect anything because we don't get access to log files or any of that. We get names, but it's nothing special. So it's not like I can really make any judgement calls on any weird behavior, unless it's really obvious and then do process of elimination. Even if I could, I wouldn't kick or ban without proof like a video of someone hacking or cheating, or see it with my own eyes. We don't get any god mode or anything like that. It's a shame too, that people abuse that type of position and the whole community isn't trusted with access to anything that may help. The intention of having tools like that is to manage the server and use them when you need to, and nothing more. But again, people are worthless cunts.

Anyway, nearly the only force of action we have at the moment is restarting the server, which is a disruption to the other players on that server at the moment, so think before you just hit the reset button.

tl;dr - I try to listen and be fair with what little power I am given and avoid disrupting my player base as much as possible. 

Edited by Gekkonidae
  • Like 2

I do it because I enjoy seeing people come together. I want to provide a good playing experience for myself and more importantly, the people that play on the server. I personally like 3PP:ON, but a number of players and the other guy that admins like 1PP:ON, so we switched it to that. I've also been getting a few requests to add in at least some night time to the server. I prefer day, but just to spice it up, I make around an hour of it night with the rest of it day. When it comes down to it, I want to help out the community with the way they want to play with what small amount of power I do have to help with that. It doesn't take a lot of time investment to do that. I mainly just play on the server, hang out with people on it and have a good time. I rarely introduce myself as the admin, because I don't want that affecting the way anyone would communicate with me. I might be an admin, but i'm a player just like anyone else.

As an admin, we don't really have that much power at all at the moment. I actually like it that way, because it largely keeps out assholes who have a spare few bucks to pay for power. I understand why the devs laid down some ground rules. But even now, you see people trying to bend those rules as much as they can. I hope that the bad ones are being reported. I've played on some servers in the past where I really liked the admins and then watched it go to a few of their heads. I quit playing on those servers because of their utterly shitty actions. There is no global chat at the moment, and it's hard to detect anything because we don't get access to log files or any of that. We get names, but it's nothing special. So it's not like I can really make any judgement calls on any weird behavior, unless it's really obvious and then do process of elimination. Even if I could, I wouldn't kick or ban without proof like a video of someone hacking or cheating, or see it with my own eyes. We don't get any god mode or anything like that. It's a shame too, that people abuse that type of position and the whole community isn't trusted with access to anything that may help. The intention of having tools like that is to manage the server and use them when you need to, and nothing more. But again, people are worthless cunts.

Anyway, nearly the only force of action we have at the moment is restarting the server, which is a disruption to the other players on that server at the moment, so think before you just hit the reset button.

tl;dr - I try to listen and be fair with what little power I am given and avoid disrupting my player base as much as possible. 

i completely agree with his post, its a good way to put it

Happens on every server.

If you are unlucky sometimes server resets even more when admin and his friends are farming loot.

No it doesn't happen on every server. This is an Alpha and my server has restarted 3-4 times in an hour at times, not at my hand and I've lost as much kit to these crashes as anyone else.

I've never once restarted the server because I or one of my friends have died...

This latest patch seems to be very unstable actually, it can stay up for 4 hrs, and then restarts 4 times in one hour, but that's a different issue.

I'm not saying all admins do it, just from my experience every admin I've killed TO MY KNOWLEDGE has done it. 

Most time, except maybe 2-3 times I've died, people have not known they just killed the Admin.  The other 2-3 times the only reason they knew is because I wrote something and they saw my name... or I mistakenly spoke in Global chat.

Right now my biggest issues is if someone was to use an exploit or hack right in front of me, I wouldn't be able to know who it is. I know the ability to see who is who could be highly abused, but giving Kick access without being able to know who you should be kicking seems strange to me.

Edited by ErZ101