Sign in to follow this  
goodknight

People! stop being paranoid!

Jess the problem is people take this game way to seriously..

So when ever they see someone they just shoot!

I was trying to help this guy who was fighting zeds..

So he kills them all.

Now I'm getting close to him he wasn't turning around.

then he turns and boom unloads on me..

I get it i scared him but come on I could have killed him for like a whole hour.. lol good times!

Why were you creeping behind him in the first place? how did you think he would react to that?

Easy for you to say; I don't trust any of these fuckers!

You should have kept your distance. Not Trusting people is the proper state of mind in DayZ, you can't just walk up to people and expect hugs and kisses.

People are just really attached to their gear right now. Once they get better/more experienced at the game I think they will stop giving as much of a fuck and will be open take more chances to communicate. Also sneaking is not a good way to make friends. That is incredibly suspicious

It's literally impossible to stop being "paranoid" when everyone who sees you shoots you. It's basically whoever shoots first kills, that's why whenever someone sees someone else first they shoot to kill.

Sometimes it'll be for their gear, sometimes not.

Like just not even a full hour ago I was playing and was looting an apartment. I heard footsteps below me, I didn't know of any gear they had, all I knew is that they were coming up and was probably going to shoot me as soon as they saw me. So luckily the person tried grabbing loot in the middle of the hallway which was enough time for me to shoot him.

Of course, I didn't know of any gear that person had which turned out to be a lot of rare items. I only killed him in a panic thinking if I gave my position away he would kill me.

Let's be honest here, 80% of the game's users would shoot anyone on sight nowadays, back then about 50% would it was equal. Since everyone back then shot on sight, more and more people shoot on sight every day.

It's something that will have to be gotten over with because it won't ever end. One or two people may stop due to this thread, but then you have the people who won't and people who will not stop just creates more people who shoot on sight because they are "paranoid" that the next person they see would kill them if they didn't.

Hopefully this explained why people are "paranoid" and why it won't ever end.

Every survivor i've come across has killed me and it's happened a good 20+ times so i'm taking no chances :( Even some fool who just like me only had an axe and as soon as my back was turned he whacked me and killed me

Right now i'm doing well with my enfield and 8 clips with plenty food/drink and some bandages :) Anyone comes near to me will be shot on sight

Maybe if weapons wern't so hard to find at the start people wouldn't be so trigger happy/greedy/paranoid or maybe this is a good social experiment to see how people would behave if this was real ? We're all doomed if so

The first few times you play, you are inclined to be nice to people and help other survivors. But there comes a point when you're killed and in turn that makes you paranoid and afraid that this incident will repeat itself, and thus you become paranoid and begin to kill others who then turn around and do the same thing.

Like a chain reaction, man.

Maybe if weapons wern't so hard to find at the start people wouldn't be so trigger happy/greedy/paranoid or maybe this is a good social experiment to see how people would behave if this was real ? We're all doomed if so

If weapons were more readily available' date=' it makes people will ill intent more able to run around the coast killing new spawns and thus making the game more difficult to play for non-player killers.

That problem was obviously present when everyone still spawned with Makarovs, so in the recent update(s) players were only given enough to survive just long enough to find a city rather than to survive an entire day.

Also your name is [b']PK (Player Killer, for those who don't know) Richie, so it's no surprise that everyone else has been killing you.

I still meet players who don't KOS and if they don't shoot i won't, still friendly out there believe it or not im one of them:)

Not friendly to snipers i seek them out in woods looking over towns KOS all snipers:P

Also your name is PK (Player Killer, for those who don't know) Richie, so it's no surprise that everyone else has been killing you.

Actully it's my xbox gamertag that i share with my daughter :p The P is the start of my name and the K is the start of her name with Richie being a nickname because of our surname

Maybe thats why the uneducated shoot me ? :rolleyes: They miisunderstand my nick :)

Maybe thats why the uneducated shoot me ? :rolleyes: They miisunderstand my nick :)

Haha, it's very possible!

I was friendly to everyone. Made only 1 friend by that. Now I kill on sight, just because we're inland and there is no 'friendly' - there's just bullet going straight to your head. Anyway due to my friendly nature I help people away from their sight. Too bad there's no global chat anymore. People propably shit their bricks when I sit miles away with my sniper rifle and taking down zombies rushing at them xD However if we meet face to face I aim straight for the head.

It's literally impossible to stop being "paranoid" when everyone who sees you shoots you. It's basically whoever shoots first kills' date=' that's why whenever someone sees someone else first they shoot to kill.

Sometimes it'll be for their gear, sometimes not.

Like just not even a full hour ago I was playing and was looting an apartment. I heard footsteps below me, I didn't know of any gear they had, all I knew is that they were coming up and was probably going to shoot me as soon as they saw me. So luckily the person tried grabbing loot in the middle of the hallway which was enough time for me to shoot him.

Of course, I didn't know of any gear that person had which turned out to be a lot of rare items. I only killed him in a panic thinking if I gave my position away he would kill me.

Let's be honest here, 80% of the game's users would shoot anyone on sight nowadays, back then about 50% would it was equal. Since everyone back then shot on sight, more and more people shoot on sight every day.

It's something that will have to be gotten over with because it won't ever end. One or two people may stop due to this thread, but then you have the people who won't and people who will not stop just creates more people who shoot on sight because they are "paranoid" that the next person they see would kill them if they didn't.

Hopefully this explained why people are "paranoid" and why it won't ever end.

[/quote']

NOOOOOOO THAT WAS MEEEE!!!!!!!

I WAS SHUTING FRIENDLY ALL THE TIME I SAW YOU BEFORE HAND!

I was going to go in and help because some1 was fighting zeds!

So I came up and there was a dead guy!

So i was like 2 bad I guess I will loot and then BAM I was dead!

I had an AK and a cazach bag!

LOL that was my best run in the game!

When I've played my character for hours on end, I have the best gear, cars and equipment, I just don't want to die. Thus the paranoia. Sure, you could be friendly, but you could be a bandit, and I could be dead. Thus, I shoot on sight, unless the person uses direct chat. So... Use the direct chat more people! You'll die less.

When I've played my character for hours on end' date=' I have the best gear, cars and equipment, I just don't want to die. Thus the paranoia. Sure, you could be friendly, but you could be a bandit, and I could be dead. Thus, I shoot on sight, [u']unless the person uses direct chat. So... Use the direct chat more people! You'll die less.

By the way - can anyone tell me where to set mic in ArmA? The guy I play with say he doesn't hear me so we have to use TS instead because I can't find any mic-related settings in game o.0

Also sneaking is not a good way to make friends. That is incredibly suspicious

As opposed to walking out in the wide open so they can shoot you all the same?

Yeah ppl can be paranoid sometimes !

my story : my and my mate were wandering in the Bor area. We decided to goo loot a isolated barn. On our way we spot a lone player with a winchester. He was really careless and picking aggro from every zed. He got swarmed and retreated in the barn. We decided to take cover and check the exits of the barn. we heard a few gun shots and many Zed were rushing in to the barn. after 10 mins he gets out of the barn. We were 50m from him barely hidden and the guy didn't noticed us. He started to ran away agroing again many Zeds ! We followed him and were a good 20meters being him (this guys never checks his 6 ! ). He was getting Swarmed again so we helped him and picked a few Z's. We called him out on the direct chat and told him we were friendly. and that he should be a lot more cautious ! We even offered him beans and asked if he wanted to trade ammo ! and suddenly he shots my friends in the back ... I shot him right away and got the good gear on the body of my friend before it disappeared.

Earlier near Balota airfield I think its called on the road me and another guy were fighting off a bunch of zeds then this guy comes crawling up a little slope and scared me so I shot because he was like sneaking up on me, but I didnt see he said friendly till right when I shot. I felt bad cause I'm normally friendly but he was being all sneaky n shit so I did what I did.

Servers with sidechat still enabled = much less KOS.

Met a really nice dude recently who I would have shot instantly had I not been able to talk to him on chat beforehand

Does anyone know if direct comm actually works? I haven't had any luck with it as far as I can tell. Also, about how far does it extend if it is working?

If you just keep your distance from unknown people you will survive much longer. Make sure you are the one that sees them first and not the other way around. I always use direct comm over mic in areas where there might be a person just to see if I get any responses. If I get no response (hopefully its working) and someone spots me I will either shoot or flee depending on what gives me the best chance of surviving. It does seem like a mad sprint in an area with trees/buildings will make you a very hard target to hit. Plus if they are indeed friendly they hopefully won't fire at you while you're running away.

Does anyone know if direct comm actually works? I haven't had any luck with it as far as I can tell. Also' date=' about how far does it extend if it is working?

[/quote']

It works, but nobody ever uses it because that requires *gasp* interacting with other people NOT on your Teamspeak!