crazykage

Thanks, rocket. Really....

You have my beans, well spoken!

For a moment I thought it was sarcasm. Good to know that this isn't another child that does not know what an alpha means.

• Like 1

The thing is, that EVE online was a great game. Im a sci fi junkie nerd (*cough and a badass marine *cough) like no other. Love star wars books, etc. I eat that shit up. But I had to stop playing several years ago. It just took up too much time. And when, as said, you DID loose that Navy mega, it was gone. GONE. along with a month or more of effort. It would take you another month or more to get back into another one, and then be able to get back into the fight. Ultimately, the game was too expensive and time consuming, so I quit.

But in dayz? I can get the same rush, and more (fear, etc.), and if I die, its really no biggie! Its SOOO easy to jump back in! This is the kind of game that you can play for HOURS AND HOURS, then drop it like a sack of bricks. Come back a week later? And your RIGHT where you left off (or your character reset to the coast because alpha. But so what?).

When you risk loosing it all and get that rush, its so rewarding. And if you DO loose it all, you haven't REALLY lost anything. You get to have the fresh fear and paranoia and ANTICIPATION as you do it all over again...

Just complicated enough to require skill and foresight. Simple enough that anyone can jump right into. And provocation of actual emotional reactions. Brilliant.

@Crazy:

Ditto on Eve. At the end I was running three accounts, often dual boxing. Missioning on one, alliance ops on the other. While I enjoyed the hell out of it, it became a second job for me and I had to cut it out of my life.

I still follow the patches and expansions, and there's always some change or addition that makes me want to play again... But I know what it does to me.

@Crazy:

Ditto on Eve. At the end I was running three accounts, often dual boxing. Missioning on one, alliance ops on the other. While I enjoyed the hell out of it, it became a second job for me and I had to cut it out of my life.

I still follow the patches and expansions, and there's always some change or addition that makes me want to play again... But I know what it does to me.

This too. I know man. I was there. I was about one step away from outright addiction. So I managed to tear myself away and have never looked back.

At the end? I had 3 miner characters, all with mamoths, as well as a 4th indie running an orca. You talk about dual boxing? I was running 4 instances at most times, poping roids so fast that I could strip an entire system dry in 20 minutes. I had that shit down to a mathematicaly precise SCIENCE. All so I could afford enough isk to buy all the plexes I needed AND still profit enough to support my ONE combat character. All of which was on 4 sepperate, paid accounts.

Fuck that, I WAS addicted. Im lucky I kicked the habit when I did....

I mined for my first couple years, but eventually I just lost all interesting. Missioning at least required me to peek at the second monitor every few minutes. I ended up pushing all my mining characters into R&D. The payout was less, but it let me focus on the areas I enjoyed. LOLfail drunken roams through hostile space. I was probably losing 4 times what I killed, but I had a blast. Perhaps when I've got my degree and have a proper income, I'll look into it again. But with some strict fucking schedules. No more 6 hours a day, 5 days a week.

Good on you for pulling out. I still have some contact with old corpmates, who weren't so lucky. There definitely a correlation between Eve and divorce.

Edited by louist

Good on you for pulling out. I still have some contact with old corpmates, who weren't so lucky. There definitely a correlation between Eve and divorce.

Funny thing is, that the leader of the merc corp I was in, Warloxx, or something, had his wife come into his basement and hand him divorce papers while we were all on a gate camp op.

Funny thing is, that the leader of the merc corp I was in, Warloxx, or something, had his wife come into his basement and hand him divorce papers while we were all on a gate camp op.

It happened to one of my CEOs and two of my old mates as well, though less dramatically. And I myself was divorced during my Eve career, though in my case I was the one who ended it.

Rocket create something unique

I agree EvE online also having strange power to fuck with emotion and brain chemical :thumbsup:  ;)

but dayz on different level for me is pure adrenalin in so many situation combine with new chernarus map what is still not complete one is best more beautiful and having maximum atmosphere I ever seeing in a game :D

Rocket create something unique

I agree EvE online also having strange power to fuck with emotion and brain chemical :thumbsup: ;)

but dayz on different level for me is pure adrenalin in so many situation combine with new chernarus map what is still not complete one is best more beautiful and having maximum atmosphere I ever seeing in a game :D

For me, DayZ runs second place to Eve in terms of adrenalin. Which is strange, when I think about it. Eve is a very abstract game in many ways. And yet I was immersed in it in a way I haven't been in any other game, DayZ included.

I already know that DayZ will be one of the greatest games I ever play in my lifetime. I'd like to say thanks as well to Rocket and beans for the OP!

Well said! I just hope the zombies will give me that fear I had when I first played the Mod... That feeling of danger and terror when I first woke up on the beach near the Lighthouse down between Kamenka and Komarovo

Well said! I just hope the zombies will give me that fear I had when I first played the Mod... That feeling of danger and terror when I first woke up on the beach near the Lighthouse down between Kamenka and Komarovo

play at night...

Clearly no one in this thread played Ultima Online, since we started talking about threat and fear of loosing things... It's an old school full loot pvp game, probably still one of the best out there even though its 15 years old.

Clearly no one in this thread played Ultima Online, since we started talking about threat and fear of loosing things... It's an old school full loot pvp game, probably still one of the best out there even though its 15 years old.

Played it off and on for over a decade, Napa, Sonoma, Siege... Was great in the early days. I have a huge number of very fond memories.

But then they added carebear land. Then insurance, luck and no reg suits. Then elves... At that point I lost almost all interest. There was no longer any real pvp. Certainly not in the way that made the game famous (Lord Brit getting fire walled to death... Or the comics of ImaNewbie). Back when it was open pvp anywhere outside a town at any time was simply fantastic. It still has the best player-owned housing in any game I've ever seen.

I know that feel

never had an adrenaline dumb like i did in the early days of the mod.  Talking early days here, before the death counter hit 400k

our group got ambushed north of novy coming back from an airfeild run.  15 player fire fight and only me and another of my group walked way.  

good post.

i never played the original mod, and after grabbing the early access to SA i didn't expect much yet because of all the warnings. After a couple of hours in, i was thinking "omg... i can't believe a game like this exists. unbelievable." so yeah. i'm hooked. i'm extremely glad i bought it at this point, since i wanna follow the development step by step, because this game is sitting at the top of my most-anticipated-list.

For me in Terms of adrenaline /excitment...Last game that gave me that was Red Orchestra 1. ( the follow up is good enough but not GREAT, henche why i havent touched it after i installed DayZ SA )

The sheer Paranoia me and my Buddy feel. The discussions if the risk is worth it. Pondering ideas and plans just to have it all shredded by a single well placed bullet. The tension when meeting others. The Feeling of having raided a airfield after scouting it throughout....Its glorious.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 1

freaking love that game man...played it forever...still do from time to time...

Oh my god, this post give me good and bad memories.

I started my gamer career with Ultima. Things were harsh back then. You were basically thrown into this fantastic universe without any real rules or directions. It was amazing.

Then came Eve, were I played a merchant. Analyzing the market, transporting goods, making billions of isk in a matter of second and then have mercenaries sent out after you because your taking too much space. Priceless. Eve is the most PVP orientented game ever. Everything you do, even buying bullets for you ship is PVPed. The market was the scene of incredible cruelty and I saw more then one player have their character crushed (sometime by me.) Still, the excitation I add was strange. It was the calm of the scenery VS the adrenaline rush of assasination attempt, the quick decision making... and all you had could be gone in a instant.

Dayz give me the same kind of feeling. I never had my heart pounding that much in a game. I was in a situation where I knew someone was there and that person knew I was there and it was a waiting game, instense. That one bullet can kill you mechanic is the best thing ever. 

I totally agree, this game is the best I have played, yet.