Timecharge

Changes to guns

Changing the difficulty of guns I find greatly decreases not only KoSing but also makes it so that if people want to get into a Firefight than there is a significant risk of death and it prolongs fights other than shooting someone with an M4 from a couple hundred meters prone in tall grass and calling it a day. 

.357 Magnum - Increase sound generated, decrease Fire Rate, Increase recoil

edit:

Deleted most of the gun changes due to people disagreeing with them, what do you think of decreasing the magnums rate of fire? I got hit with a Fire Axe yesterday, lived, and emptied 6 rounds into somebody in mabye 2 seconds?

Any opinions on these suggestions for gun changes? 

Edited by Timecharge

Yeah... I will edit that out lol, I got in close range vs a guy with an m4 and i didnt even get a shot off before i was dead, anyways I don't see any point for there to be a long ranged rifle that holds 5 bullets

My opinion is to make all of the guns have the exact same properties that they would have in real life.

No magical attachments making the gun more accurate. Stick to mil sim aspects leave the arcade crap for consoles.

• Like 2

I laugh when people suggest decreasing the range of the M4.

If anything, it needs to be made MORE accurate. It SHOULD be accurate out to 500m.

When I was in the USMC, I went to the range for yearly rifle qualification, and regularly placed 10 out of 10 shots center mass on target at the 500 yard line.

With iron sights, on a windy day, rain or shine.

Also, KoS whine thread....

• Like 1

Yea the bullet spread on the M4 is terrible even on single shot, good luck hitting anything past 100-150 meters with it (in the game, not in real life)

Edited by weedmasta

Mosin 9130 - Single-Shot Gun, Increase Sound Generated

It's not a single shot gun. It has a 5-round magazine.

M4A1 - decrease range

What do you mean? It's already too low. The 5.56 is supposed to have an extreme range of 3,600 meters but in-game it only goes a bit over 1,500 meters. Seems decreased enough to me already.

When I was in the USMC, I went to the range for yearly rifle qualification, and regularly placed 10 out of 10 shots center mass on target at the 500 yard line.

Really bro? :lol:

My opinion is to make all of the guns have the exact same properties that they would have in real life.

No magical attachments making the gun more accurate. Stick to mil sim aspects leave the arcade crap for consoles.

Have to agree with this. With M4 in good condition, no matter what handguard or buttstock, you should be able to hit people at 300 - 500m if you fire single shot and hold your breath. Also pistols need to be more accurate at their appropriate close range.

Really hate when I take time to shoot and bullets just go wild as they please.

Zombie was charging me, he was at like 10 meters from me, I aimed magnum at it's belly and BAM, it was headshot!?

I really liked gun handling in Arma 2 / DayZ mod a lot more. Let's hope this is just because SA being alpha :).

Still would be nice if devs stated, that gun accuracy is now poo and that they will fine tune it later.

Edited by Hombre

KoS whine thread....

I don't care if people KoS, I KoS quite often granted they aren't a Bambi and I expect to be KoS'd just as often.

It's a clip, not a magazine.

It's a magazine.

It has a built-in magazine. You load 5 rounds with a clip.

You load those 5 rounds with or without a clip.

Like I just said:

"It's not a single shot gun. It has a 5-round magazine."

If there is one aspect of the game that should be true to life, it's the behavior and ballistics of the weapons. I can accept other alterations in the name of gameplay, but an arbitrary decrease of weapon viability just to decrease the number of people attacking each other? No.

To clear up any confusion: a clip is something that feeds a magazine. And a magazine directly feeds the chamber/gun. That is to say, you cannot fire from a clip. You fire from a magazine.

The mosin has an internal 5 round magazine.

A speed loader for the revolver could be considered a clip, as it feeds the internal storage of the pistol. (Though perhaps a revolver is a bad example. Consider the Enfield: it has a 5 round internal magazine, and can be reloaded quickly with the aid of a clip.)

Have to agree with this. With M4 in good condition, no matter what handguard or buttstock, you should be able to hit people at 300 - 500m if you fire single shot and hold your breath. Also pistols need to be more accurate at their appropriate close range.

Yup the .223 / 5.56 is even more capable than that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B9NkQldeu0

Not that it matters its pretty clear stand alone is not realistic .

Really bro? :lol:

yeah. really. It isn't hard. Apply fundamentals of marksmanship and properly adjust sight apertures with a well BZOed weapon, and anyone can do it.

Thus, the M4 should be much more accurate than it is currently.

It shouldn't be much more accurate because it is so in real life. It should be much more accurate because it is terrible in-game at the moment. :D

Edited by weedmasta

It shouldn't be much more accurate because it is so in real life. It should be much more accurate because it is terrible in-game at the moment. :D

Why not because of the both reasons?

yeah. really. It isn't hard. Apply fundamentals of marksmanship and properly adjust sight apertures with a well BZOed weapon, and anyone can do it.

Thus, the M4 should be much more accurate than it is currently.

From prone with a hasty sling... 500 yds is easy to hit using the fundamentals. A basic rifleman better be dropping at least 8 of 10 into the target or he needs to go back to class.

From prone with a hasty sling... 500 yds is easy to hit using the fundamentals. A basic rifleman better be dropping at least 8 of 10 into the target or he needs to go back to class.

As I said: It isn't hard.

Because it will either be better or worse than the real life counterpart mostly for balance sake not because it is like that in real life. Having a full automatic carbine with 60 round dual mags hitting targets dead on at 500 meters wouldn't exactly be balanced gameplay wise.

Why is that for a moment and lets look back at the roots of Dayz how it even came to exist and why the mod became so popular.

Dayz began with this treasure right here back in 2001.

Operation_Flashpoint_cover.jpg

This Battlefield Simulator started it all it combined massive battles with infantry simulation in one amazingly good package that was incredibly fun but challenging.

The weapons, vehicles, and soldiers all behaved and functioned like their real life counterparts.

I played the crap out of that game as a kid on my riva tnt 2 32 mb card.

Now lets flash forward to Arma 2.

Arma-2-cover.jpg

Arma 2 continued the tradition of simulation continuously adding more and more realism slowly but surely improving the franchise.

Then dayz came into the picture and we have to understand why exactly it was popular and why it took pc gaming.

The main reason that Dayz was so popular was because of its unique combination of survival game and military simulator.

Had dayz not adopted arma 2s terrific gun play , ballistic model, and simulation and instead gone with a mass market arcade model  it would have quickly been forgotten and would have been a simple wimper.

This however was not the case, people enjoyed the game because for many it presented pvp and gameplay never before experienced by them all because of the mil sim aspects of them.

So now comes along Stand alone and despite owing its success to realism and being authentic it is single handedly the most mass market non mil sim arcade game ever to be published by Bohemia Interactive.

Stand alone as it stands is choke full of Arcade aspects such as cosmetic gun accessories having strange and non nonsensical properties on weapons.

Cheap Magpul plastic cosmetic furniture on the m4 somehow magically making the weapon shoot 20x more accurately, the in ability to select fire modes on the m4, bipods magically granting weapons sub moa accuracy by merely being deployed.

These Arcade features are Imo the wrong direction for dayz.

Dayz should have embraced its success and strived to become the most realistic, authentic game it could be.

• Like 2

I think the m4 is fine, never been killed by it. The Mosin on the other hand... against an m4 you at least get a chance to patch up, help your friends up, blood/saline etc. Mosin is just shot-dead. Up close and personal the m4 will win but beyond that and it's fine. I've had very very few good gun fights as most of them have simply been bang dead. When my friend and I had m4s and so did one of our opponents it was god fun. It took our opponent with a Mosin an awful lot of shots to finally hit but the second you do hit it's game over which kinda sucks. It would be nice to get insta shot unconscious and bleeding out or something instead, at least giving a chance for some medical attention; perhaps the defib will be useful for this now.

I always run with the Mosin now, it's just awesome.

the in ability to select fire modes on the m4

Press t... Edited by Nanoha