notofthiswar

The players of DayZ Ruin the game

DayZ has perma death... deal with it.

There is currently not really any content (aside from pvp) in the game because it is in alpha-state.

I personally shot the people that I am confronted with while looting...they would have kill me too if they had the opportunity.

I've survived for about 4 weeks now while being mostly on 40 player servers and I am visiting NEAF, NWAF and such...

People should stop to gear up on low-pop servers because that way the will never learn how to play this game and how to avoid encounters.

If you can't manage to stay out of trouble, deal with it... simple as that.

Sometimes I'm spotting a location for several minutes before I finally enter it... I'm not rushing anything.

I only play 1-2 hours max a day because it is very hard to stay 100% cautious.

My whole gear is urban-green which makes it possible to take full advantage of the environment.

@those people saying DayZ is like BF4/CoD, that makes me laugh as DayZ is a tactical Shooter while BF4 and COD is Arcade-Trash.

If you play DayZ as if you play those games... it is not surprising that you find yourself killed straight at the beach.

Edited by YassirX

That's odd....

OP was killed 30 times OS and it didn't ruin my DayZ experience at all....

hmmm....

I don't know about anyone else, but I have a slight suspicion that KoS instances may decline the more zombie numbers are increased. If every town has a horde, and maybe even the percentage of zombies in the countryside increases, players will be more occupied with surviving rather than hunting hikers.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have a slight suspicion that KoS instances may decline the more zombie numbers are increased. If every town has a horde, and maybe even the percentage of zombies in the countryside increases, players will be more occupied with surviving rather than hunting hikers.

And this is exactly why everyone needs to stop whining about KoS xD they have even said that it is going to be infinitely more difficult to loot a town on your own once the zombie AI is vamped up and perfected. I see the whole "OMG A HYOOMAN! *pewpewpew* 'murica" as sort of a phase right now. I  mean think about it. No one gets a rush out of killing zombies so they kill humans instead lol

"OMG A HYOOMAN! *pewpewpew* 'murica" 

Your response gave me my first lawl of the day, thank you. ;)

Edited by sacrdandprofne
  • Like 1

"No kill" servers don't exist, they are created by new server admins who apparently didn't read the terms and conditions of their server rental.

And the idea of "gearing up" or "getting experience" on a server without the normal challenge is abhorrent.

If a player is ruining your personal experience, here is a news flash: deal with it, nobody care.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

And Of course A scrub like you're self would Come around and say that but yet you know nothing to really make what you said Valid.  Scrub

The fact you use the word 'scrub' in a non-cleaning based context instantly makes any argument you have 50% less worth reading to more or less everyone. Act like an adult rather than an angry teenager who just got owned in Call of Duty, and maybe people will take you a little more seriously.

As for the thread - I've said it a hundred times, but one more won't hurt:

Yes, there's currently more KoS behaviour than is healthy in DayZ at the moment, although there are a lot of reasons for it, many of which will be addressed as the game progresses. However, there are currently bigger fish for the dev team to fry than game balance.

The other issue at hand is the one that no-one talks about - the fact that a not inconsiderable number of players make the incredibly stupid assumption that because they're friendly, that somehow means that everyone else is also friendly. Just because you don't have any weapons doesn't make you somehow bulletproof, so maybe a good idea might be to NOT run round the streets of Elektro shouting 'friendly' at everyone you see. Any experienced player will tell you that 95% of the time, if you die in DayZ, it's because YOU made a mistake. Whether that mistake was walking through a known PvP hotspot like you're on your fucking holidays or something as innocent as drinking from the wrong water source without any antibiotics, it's very rare that you'll suffer a death that isn't of your own doing.

Surviving isn't easy, but it's not supposed to be. Play smart, you'll live longer.

• Like 1

Hate the game, not the players.

There is nothing to do in the game yet except interact with other players and the only type of interaction that poses any type challenge at the moment is PVP. I disagree with shooting unarmed/low tier geared players but you've just got to accept the fact there are many terrible players playing this game that enjoy easy kills because they suck.

When more content is in the game and the environment is more challenging it will (1) give players more of reason to work together and (2) provide the option to avoid other players entirely but still have interesting gameplay.

Edited by Nocturnal

Why would you want to play on a "NO KILL" server? That completely defeats the purpose of the game. What do you do after you get all your gear and there's nothing left to do? I for one think the community is pretty great. But if you don't know what you are doing, you get punished hard. That is why there is so much complaining going on about KoS. 

often i go on NO KILL servers and kill everyone i meet, just to make them suffer for what they do to this game. And if someone tries to kick or ban me for killing on a no kill server, i simply report the server for going against the rules. Thats the fun

Hate the game, not the players.

There is nothing to do in the game yet except interact with other players and the only type of interaction that poses any type challenge at the moment is PVP. I disagree with shooting unarmed/low tier geared players but you've just got to accept the fact there are many terrible players playing this game that enjoy easy kills because they suck.

When more content is in the game and the environment is more challenging it will (1) give players more of reason to work together and (2) provide the option to avoid other players entirely but still have interesting gameplay.

12702-first-world-problems-template.jpg

At first I tried to be friendly and talk to people, but I just ended up dead more times than i can count to. So now, I just kos everyone. What else can I do? It's not that I want to, I'm just forced to it.

• Like 1

At first I tried to be friendly and talk to people, but I just ended up dead more times than i can count to. So now, I just kos everyone. What else can I do? It's not that I want to, I'm just forced to it.

In my experiences I've only been KoS'd when I have something worth KoS'ing for lol. Most of the people I come across either ignore me as a fresh spawn or team up with me. Have only met one nut job who ran around screaming about "The purity of the Lord" and "I wasnt from the womb of the Lord" lol

• Like 1

You are trying to justify your incompetence by blaming others. The ego on you man gebuz. If I want to kill every single player on the server, I will or die trying. That is the beauty of this game. You can do whatever the hell you want, it is a sandbox. There is no "right way" to play in a sandbox, you are insisting on not understanding this for some reason.

Some tips to help you even though I really do not like your attitude judging from your posts, if you follow these tips you may stay alive longer than 15-30 minutes at a time.

1. Avoid big cities.

2. Go inland as soon as possible. You will have enough initial food and water in your body to reach the next city inland without dying of starvation or dehydration.

3. When you see players do not immediately approach them. Watch their behaviour for a bit and try to figure out their intentions or just completely avoid them altogether.

4. Before going into an area scout it out from afar, watch for open doors on buildings and players.

5. If you want to go somewhere the direct approach is usually not the best approach. Use cover as much as the landscape allows you, scan your horizon from time to time. Avoid running in the open and in the middle of a road. Use treelines and other cover to conceal your approaches to your destinations. Even if that means taking a longer route.

6. Avoid the major military areas such as NE+NW airfield, Balota and the 2 military camps. There are a few other military spawn areas which will be safer. Sure it will be harder to get "military grade" items but it'll keep you alive.

This isn't exactly how I play the game, e.g. I don't avoid major military areas but for a starter like you, it will at least get you going and keep you alive. Now if you don't have the patience for any of that and still think that running on the main road is a good idea because it is "easier", than this game definitely isn't for you. And no, you can't get a refund for a game just because you didn't like it.

1: Avoid big cities... ok, done that, now what? Should I live in the forest and go only to those boring hamlets where there is not even a zombie around?

2: Totally agree with this point. It was always my tactic too, always worked when freshly spawned

3: When you see players... observe them... only to see them log out after a minute or two

4: Scout and observe? Yeah done that, only to find a server hopper spawn behind you and bang bang bang

5: Makes sense

6: Avoid this, avoid that... Where is a poor fresh spawn supposed to get some decent gear? In Mogilevka? At a certain point you must go to the military areas.

I know the purpose of the game is to stay alive (technically) but it is also to have fun. If it is boring and is no fun... what game is it?

Did I upset you?

Lol I hope you're being sarcastic xD

No kill servers are trolling YOU!

They are setup to lure new / non aggressive players so they can kill you for the lulz. Same thing with recruit servers.

Play hardcore. Most of the players on there are not stupid fist fighting newbs, and they don't usually shoot on sight.

Lol, yeah. Tongue in cheek.

good, because i was clearly making fun of your "blame the game" mentality xD

6: Avoid this, avoid that... Where is a poor fresh spawn supposed to get some decent gear? In Mogilevka? At a certain point you must go to the military areas.

It's true. I've only accumulated about 30 hours on this game and, so far, that's usually how my spawn bites it. 

We'll hang out in our crew's favourite small town, get some supplies, wander around... then we'll get bored and head to other towns to look around... then we'll get really bored and purposely head to Cherno or an army base...

...and then I wake up on a sunny beach.  :D

No, I don't die that quick; I'm just making an example. Staying safe "on base" gets old; you have to run around. By running around, you run into others. 

Edited by sacrdandprofne

There are way to many Players out there that are way to use to how DayZ was as a mod that they Continue to Ruin the game. I have been SOS 30 times now when All i have is well A bag of rice. They made this game More Interactive with more things to deal with such as colds and eventually camping and cooking food. They added Handcuffs So instead of Killing players they use them and steel their Things Like a bandit Is defined as But yet players Wanna be A--Hats and Kill on sight Because OH That Bag of Rise is such a treat to me. If they want the food they can simply go up and ASK if then they do not or try to run away then Kill them or wound them so U can take it and run. Sadly with how the MOD was People play this like its Still Arma 2 or they play it like it is COD.

Why I am writing this is to really rant right now because I was just playing on a NO KILL server and I got killed 3 times by Players that are Stupid as all hell And because of that I uninstalled the game and will be working on getting a Refund because I can see this game being the same Trash that the mod was Because of the players. Yes I enjoy PVP in games like this but I can not stand Getting killed by some guy When I have Nothing worth killing me over because 99% of the time I have no guns if anything a Shovel But OH WOW Whats a shovel going to do VS a player 100 feet away from me with a gun..........The game is full of this and Well because players/ People in general and really more so other gamer's are just complete Skilless pathetic Scrubs. They cant 1v1 someone so everyone kills others with nothing and somehow that makes them feel like they are pro.

Game is complete Trash. Alpha or not It being Alpha Doesn't Redeem the fact that the Players that SOS or Shoot you even though you just told them you are friendly and also Still have nothing On you Kill games like this off.

There are some interesting points which have been rised by the op. I for myself have always been a fan of apocalyptic settings. Since DayZ I realized that an apocalypse can be set equal to "idiots rule the world". Nothing different you may say, but idiots + guns without any law is the worst scenario of the worst.

I actually almost lost interest in apocalyptic szenarios at all. The Fallout games left, since they happen to provide some room for self-fulfilment. And that's the point I always liked in apocalyptic settings. The cards have been shuffled, more possabilities, more freedom... but apparently you'll just meet a bunch of maniacs powning everyone who's not pownning first.

So it kind of lost its flavour. The apocalypse became uninteresting and boring - only the kingdom of those who want to shoot everyone into the face. Or, another lame excuse for being a sociopath? However the cards have been mixed new, but nothing new seems to happen. Maybe its even more realistic, since it is society what gives us room and freedom enough for self-fulfilment.

Edited by Ken Bean
  • Like 1

good, because i was clearly making fun of your "blame the game" mentality xD

It's true though. Give players more to do that just KoS and less players will KoS - simple.

It's true though. Give players more to do that just KoS and less players will KoS - simple.

qft.

For the people who say after you gear up there is nothing you can do, have you ever thought about HELPING new players out.

It shows a lot about your character in real life what you think you should do after you're kitted.

This is not BattlefiedZ or CodZ. 

If you are so bad at pvp games you have to come here to shoot unarmed new players.. Maybe this game isn't for you.

The KOS/SOS will definitely have an effect on the future sales of this game.

I have seen and heard your excuses about it's a sandbox and we play how we want to play. 

Fact is the developers are trying hard to discourage this behavior.  (No explanation needed if you know anything about the game)

Don't get me wrong,  I am not saying bandits aren't needed and a fun way to play.. but have some honor in your profession.

Those that just snipe players from afar to get their kicks should really seek professional help.  Maybe you have issues in your life..

• Like 1