Sign in to follow this  
africanhungergames

How to get a long range scope now that tent spawns have been removed??

I have not found a long range scope anywhere but in the tents, and now the tents are not spawning anything.

So where do you find a long range scope now ???

I've found them in diners before. Kind of rare but occasionally i'll find a scope in the front of the diner. Maybe that's just my luck though. I always seem to find the damn things when I'm not using that weapon at all.

• Like 1

I've found them in diners before. Kind of rare but occasionally i'll find a scope in the front of the diner. Maybe that's just my luck though. I always seem to find the damn things when I'm not using that weapon at all.

Thanks for the quick reply. Is that definitely a long range scope and not a pu scope though because i know i can find them in several places.

You don't it was not realistic anyway.

Mounting a short eye relief modern glass to an old mosin nagant is quite a pain in the ass and requires quite a bit of gunsmithing.

Not something your average joe could do especially not a survivor with no gunsmithing experience or tools.

The pu scope should be the only scope for the mosin.

The long range should get completely redone, it should get mil dots a fixed power and only be mountable on modernish hunting rifles.

Mounting a short eye relief modern glass to an old mosin nagant is quite a pain in the ass and requires quite a bit of gunsmithing.

Not something your average joe could do especially not a survivor with no gunsmithing experience or tools.

The long range should get completely redone, it should get mil dots a fixed power and only be mountable on modernish hunting rifles.

Right so your answer is, there is no long range scope anymore.

Thanks for the honesty buddy. And also everything you said about gunsmithing and realism. This game has so many unrealistic and glaring faults with it i am not even going to give you the time of day to think dean actually sat there and thought well attaching a long range scope to a mosin is really hard so we are going to have to take that out but we will add loads of full military equipped zombies in cities but no military equipment around all in the same patch.

But thanks for the actual answer disguised in the long post.

There is plenty of long range scopes.

Found some in:

School/office buildings

Military buildings

Hangars

Garages

Pubs

There is plenty of long range scopes.

Found some in:

School/office buildings

Military buildings

Hangars

Garages

Pubs

LONG RANGE SCOPES.

PU SCOPES.

I am asking where to find long range scopes, long range scopes can not be found in any of the buldings you have just listed except maybe the hangers although i have never found one in them.

Edited by africanhungergames

Long range scopes are nearly basically all over the place. I have found optics and LRS in town multiple times.

Ignore this guy. He's spewing how unrealistic the guns and accessories are currently in DayZ in every thread I've come across pertaining to weapons. Why aren't you whining that we can run at a sprint for an unlimited amount of time? Or that falling from the second rung of a ladder can kill you? Or that somehow the average person who washes up on the coast knows how to perform advanced medical procedures and how to use/maintain advanced weaponry?

Yeah.

EDIT: I didn't mean to derail the thread. I, too, have found the LONG RANGE SCOPE in the diner beside the sink in the same room with the checkered tablecloth eating area.

Edited by Grimey Rick

Long range scopes are nearly basically all over the place. I have found optics and LRS in town multiple times.

So you have found a long range scope in a town have you ??

LONG RANGE SCOPES

LONG RANGE SCOPES!

...shees, even if you haven´t seen them, doesn´t mean they don´t exist.

I´ll readily admit it´s pu scopes in those places most commonly, but i´ve found long range scopes from those too, infact the first i ever found was on top of a school/office.

Edited by Frostbyte_

Ignore this guy. He's spewing how unrealistic the guns and accessories are currently in DayZ in every thread I've come across pertaining to weapons. Why aren't you whining that we can run at a sprint for an unlimited amount of time? Or that falling from the second rung of a ladder can kill you? Or that somehow the average person who washes up on the coast knows how to perform advanced medical operation and how to use/maintain advanced weaponry?

Yeah.

Exactly.

THIS GAME IS NOT REALISTIC PEOPLE, MAYBE MORE THAN MOST BUT IT IS NOT A SUCKING SIMULATOR.

LONG RANGE SCOPES!

...shees, even if you haven´t seen them, doesn´t mean they don´t exist.

I´ll readily admit it´s pu scopes in those places most commonly, but i´ve found long range scopes from those too, infact the first i ever found was on top of a school/office.

I have put over two hundred hours into this game and i have never seen a long range scope anywhere other then NEAF tents and maybe bolota sometimes. Are you saying that of all the towns i have cleaned out and believe me there have been hundreds i have just been so unlucky as to never find one ??

Because if you are that's fair enough, don't take this post as me doubting you.

Edited by africanhungergames

Just go to an Air Control Tower at one of the three airfields and you can find one.

Ok thanks but this is whats really buggin me, im going to have to server hop. I just read a post about someone who has been looking for over ten in game hours for a scope and there is no way in hell i am doing that.

Server hopping it is then, my hand has been forced on this one.

LONG RANGE SCOPES.

PU SCOPES.

I am asking where to find long range scopes, long range scopes can not be found in any of the buldings you have just listed except maybe the hangers although i have never found one in them.

- incorrect. they can be found in buildings he listed. it's all a matter of luck finding one.

Edited by Stryder.us

Kill people who have already found it, oh wait...

- incorrect. they can be found in buildings he listed. it's all a matter of luck finding one.

I honestly don't think you two know what you're talking about.

I've found one in a barracks before. Long range, not PU.

But in my opinion, I'm glad they're harder to get. Everyone hates getting shot by some guy you have no chance of spotting from 1000m, it is about as annoying as falling off a ladder. Close and mid-range combat is where this game thrives and is most compelling, I don't think anyone minds going out to a hail of gunfire. Snipers should be limited to a couple per server at most.

Ok thanks but this is whats really buggin me, im going to have to server hop. I just read a post about someone who has been looking for over ten in game hours for a scope and there is no way in hell i am doing that.

Server hopping it is then, my hand has been forced on this one.

I'm not gonna tell you where I have found it if you are already server hopping... play it your way lol. BTW I know everyone likes to play their own way but are you playing the game only to get the "end game loot dawg"? Can't you play the game without a fucking scope? The point of the game is to use time to find everything.

Edited by Zjasuu

I have put over two hundred hours into this game and i have never seen a long range scope anywhere other then NEAF tents and maybe bolota sometimes. Are you saying that of all the towns i have cleaned out and believe me there have been hundreds i have just been so unlucky as to never find one ??

Because if you are that's fair enough, don't take this post as me doubting you.

Gambler's Fallacy is a belief that previous results can influence further results in a random situation. Every spawn point you check has X.XX% chance of that scope showing up if it is in the loot table for that point. It is in the loot table for a lot of spawn points with very low odds. That means in your limited sample of even a 1000+ spawn points you might never see one... ever. 

I just read a post about someone who has been looking for over ten in game hours for a scope and there is no way in hell i am doing that.

Then it is possible that this game is not one you would prefer. I can point out several other games that let you start with a nice scope but for some reason that upsets those I point this out to.

• Like 1

I've found one in a barracks before. Long range, not PU.

But in my opinion, I'm glad they're harder to get. Everyone hates getting shot by some guy you have no chance of spotting from 1000m, it is about as annoying as falling off a ladder. Close and mid-range combat is where this game thrives and is most compelling, I don't think anyone minds going out to a hail of gunfire. Snipers should be limited to a couple per server at most.

You know what i completely agree with you.

But the problem is when you are that guy from a thousand metres dropping people who are helpless like the grim reaper it feels so good. I hate being sniped but love sniping and i think everyone likes to be a sniper every now and again.

I would think the greatest chance of finding one would be in the remaining military loot spawns: barracks, MP facility, hangars, firestations and air control towers. While there may be a slight chance of finding a long range scope in those other civilian places, it would be a longshot compared to the the military spawns.

Just use what you find. That's kind of the entire point of the game. Survive with what's available in your surroundings and stuff.

Last I checked, this isn't World of Warcraft. It's not about the gear, it's about the experience.

• Like 2