Sign in to follow this  
JustYouForget

How to end kill on sight?

Limit ammo. 

Control the commodity Think about it. If you only had 5 shots and it took you forever to find them are you really going to use them killing random players?

Input anyone?

• Like 1

That will do literally nothing

KOS is a part of the game, it isn't going anywhere anytime soon

• Like 1

It's Dayz KOS Makes the game fun. IF you don't like it, simply don't play it.

nuff said 

• Like 4

In order to limit ammo (or any other loot) first:

• you must prevent players from server hopping the military areas

AND 

• you must prevent server renters from farming their own servers with constant restarts.

The only way to regulate loot is for the HIVE to control the distribution and volume for all servers regardless of whether they are restarted or not.

Rocket has said this is something he wants to do in the game, but i don't think this is something that will be available in the next 6 months.

Personally, i don't think limiting loot will fix anything.

• the game needs reasons for not killing on sight.
  • the game needs to give people value (other than blood donors)

I think skills, if properly implemented will make positive interaction more comon.

• Like 3

Pshhhhh... I know plenty of "Heroes" in the game who never complain...

Gotta learn to live with KoS mate. This shit isn't: Fisher Price My First Survival Simulator.

• Like 4

That will do literally nothing

KOS is a part of the game, it isn't going anywhere anytime soon

I have to say, when I was playing on the experimental servers and there was virtually no loot, I had never run into so many friendlies before. Literally almost everyone I ran into, just as defenseless and starving as I, was friendly. We had a group going together of 5 random people that I met during my play that day. It was actually really fun and challenging. 

Anyway, my point is that to say it has no effect is not true at all. However, KoS *will* and should always have its place in this mod.

Edited by solodude23

I argue that removing kill on site would ruin the feeling I get when running into another player. I mean, last night my and my buddy get held up by a guy, he tells us to get on the ground. He starts going on about how he will be friendly as long as we comply. little does he know our other friend is in the house next to us. As he's preaching to us my buddy walks up behind him and puts a bullet in his head. In the guys defense he didn't know what to expect coming up on us. In our defense he was pointing a gun at my friend and barking commands trying to claim he was friendly.. well, we don't take kindly to that in my town.. I'm sure everyone's adrenalin was jacked up, and without the fear of conflict, well, that scenario would have been pretty lame... All in all, we were just waiting for another friend to show up. He felt a need to interject and paid the price. I don't go looking for blood, but those moments keep the tension higher in the game. I am friendly. I don't kill on site, and I try to help people wherever possible. I would hate for them to make KoS more difficult. It would ruin it for me.

as an added note: This guys inventory was 60% m4 magazines and ammo. This dude was ready to storm normandy. My kit consists of water bottles, can openers and food to pass out... I don't feel bad for a second that we off'd him. life goes on and KoS is a necessity sometimes.

• Like 7

^Yep, that guy was definitely not cautious enough. ALWAYS scope out the situation before acting. I stalk people for a few minutes to see if they have friends before making a move. He may have been friendly, but I can't blame you guys for acting like that one bit. I have done the same your friend did and would do it again in that scenario.

as much as it is annoying to be KoS'd...its a necessary evil man, its what makes your heart pound when your entering cities and clearing those rooms. It puts the thoughts in your head, will there be loot here? or some asshole trying to feed me a bullet or two. 

• Like 1

Limit ammo. 

Control the commodity Think about it. If you only had 5 shots and it took you forever to find them are you really going to use them killing random players?

Input anyone?

lower ammo spawns, YES.

will it lower KOS, NO!

You wanna know why? KOS is a part of the game. If someone tries to kill you righr after he saw you, just defend yourself. He will see what he gets for attack on sight.

If you die, you have to admit that you were just too bad to survive.

KOS will never stop but you can make it less prevalent with lower ammo spawns, and spawning more controlled from the HIVE level rather than the server level. That way you cant just restart your server all the time to get more ammo.

More and improved zombies will also lower KOS as people will be more inclined to join up to protect each other from zombies where as right now zombies are a non factor. 

• Like 1

Limit ammo. 

Input anyone?

This wont stop anything. Nor did their attempt to reduce loot spawns as people will simply server hop more and more and it will actually create MORE people KoSing out of necessity. Use your head.

Rare ammo does nothing against it,because their is nothing elso to do. Even with only five bullets most players will use them to KoS.Wait until the game got harder and has more stuff to do like hunting,if kos is still a problem by then come back and complain.

• Like 1

Oh look another kill on sight thread.  Haven't seen about 1000 of these made today.

Also, rofl, I've only been *shot at* on sight once.  Most interactions I've had with players usually begin with chatting over comms before going our separate ways.  As I said.  My group and I have been shot at once from a sniper we never saw.  We booked it.  We also got shot and killed when one of my group members had an itchy trigger finger and got us killed at the NW Airfield.  I've never once been shot at by myself, and I have a lot of time clocked on the game.

Kill on sight is not a problem if you aren't retarded.

How to stop KOS?  Don't KOS.  

There, you have helped become part of the solution.  Now go forth and survive the apocalypse. 

• Like 1

How to stop KOS?  Don't KOS.  

There, you have helped become part of the solution.  Now go forth and survive the apocalypse. 

Bets he comes back with a "That's it Im KoSing now." thread. Being a care bear in the game doesn't always pay. It is a genuine risk everytime you have an interaction with someone else you dont know and equally exciting if they are nice, or have sinister intentions, no different than yourself.

Hindering KoS in any way and it will muck up the game.

Edited by hatesauce
  • Like 2

There will be plenty of people who will try to KoS even if they only have one bullet.

It's an aspect of DayZ that will never go away, and even though I don't KoS I hope it never does.

• Like 1

I love that nervous moment where you risk exposure.  Honestly, it is why I play DayZ, the interaction.  I can mow people down all day on a dozen other games, with DayZ, you get to survive AND meet people who MAY not decide to empty a magazine at you!

• Like 3

Limit ammo. 

Input anyone?

That wont do a daam thing.

Ammo is relatively scarce now, well outside of 5.56.

If you give most players 2 bullets they will try their darnest to use those 2 bullets to kill another player.

Ammo availability has 0 impact on people killing each other.

In fact there is zero i mean nothing you can do to stop kos.

• Like 1

Yep, that's what I said too. Even if you took all the bullets away people would be trying to kill with shovels and fists.

That wont do a daam thing.

Ammo is relatively scarce now, well outside of 5.56.

If you give most players 2 bullets they will try their darnest to use those 2 bullets to kill another player.

The only foolproof way to end kill on sight behaviour? Have gibonez bore the potential murderers with pointless debate about how unrealistic DayZ's current guns and accessories are. Y'know, because zombies are realistic to begin with, right?

The only foolproof way to end kill on sight behaviour? Have gibonez bore the potential murderers with pointless debate about how unrealistic DayZ's current guns and accessories are. Y'know, because zombies are realistic to begin with, right?

Dayz comes from military simulator roots. Had the mod been an arcade fest then nobody would complain.