Sign in to follow this  
John_Menhauzen

CPU usage after 2 min is 90%

Hi all!

Listen after 2 min of play i am gettting a freeze and when i am chacking the task manager it shows me that my CPU usage during the freeze increased to high level[till 90%]and after it decreased again to normal level[18-40%].I really need to fix it,because i can't play anymore and it is not fun to get a freeze and a high usage of cpu and then i am dying or if i in the building after the freeze my character is falling down by teleporting the building wall.

pliz help me i dont know what to do.

Maybe Dean Hall can help me if he surfing in the fourm:D

what cpu do you have?

i5 3550

you know how to fix this?i can't play anymore and i tried to search a solution but i didn't find:( 

Edited by John_Menhauzen

Without seeing your computer I'd guess it was a heating issue. Is there anyway you could see what the temp on your CPU at the 90%.

Also, do you have your CPU over clocked?

Open the side of your case and sit a fan in front of it blowing into your comp. Does that fix it?

post other specs,how much RAM,what video card are you using,do you have a stock heatsink or after market? as others have said about your temperature,go download coretemp it'll tell you. cpuid is a good program to see all your specs aswell.if your cpu is getting too hot try applying some fresh thermal paste or get a new heatsink,FrioOCK by thermaltake is a good one and doesnt cost too much (about $80 on amazon) i have one and my cpu doesnt get above 35C

post other specs,how much RAM,what video card are you using,do you have a stock heatsink or after market? as others have said about your temperature,go download coretemp it'll tell you. cpuid is a good program to see all your specs aswell.if your cpu is getting too hot try applying some fresh thermal paste or get a new heatsink,FrioOCK by thermaltake is a good one and doesnt cost too much (about $80 on amazon) i have one and my cpu doesnt get above 35C

I Chacked the CPU Temp and it is 25-29C when the freeze is happaning and it is only in the dayz standalone.

This is my computer:i5 3550,8 GB RAM,Shappire hd 7850 2GB,Gigabyte H77M-D3H,1TB,620W Power supply...this is only happaning when i play dayz standalone!

Try adding the following to your DayZ Launch Par:-

-nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=2047 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=4

25-29 C is very good while idle. Mine (i5 3570) runs at 30 when idle. Mind you it is summer here in Australia so it is colder in winter. But anyway, not sure what is going on, it almost sounds like your game loses focus somehow and is no longer active.

Not really sure what is going on here for you, but I have not heard this issue from anyone else so it's safe to say it is on your end. Hope you get it sorted

I had a similar problem with the mod and my 7850.  Newer drivers, or rolled back drivers seemed to fix it.  But with PC's could be anything.

Open the side of your case and sit a fan in front of it blowing into your comp. Does that fix it?

Newsflash: fans don't produce cool air.

Air passing over a heat sink will draw away heat unless the air your blowing on it is hot itself.

Newsflash: fans don't produce cool air.

no but they will push air through the computer that will remove some of the heat.