Sign in to follow this  
Armadyl

Get rid of the m4...and replace with period and place apropriate weapons.

Lets face it, eastern European countries in the vicinity of former Yugoslavia (Such as the Czech republic, which the map of Chernarus was designed from, via aerial and topographical views of the region) do not use American guns. The United States government does not even use the M4, as it does not conform to military standards of specifications. I would expect a east European such as this military's to include later pattern AK styled assault weapon variants, such as the AK-103 or AK-107 variants to be used in the military... but an m4? don't get me wrong the m4 is an effective, and at time prolific weapon, but it has no place in the middle of east Europe, bordering the Balkans...Especially not as a spawn in military bases.

Edited by Armadyl
  • Like 3

The United States government does not even use the M4, as it does not conform to military standards of specifications.

Okay, no. Not true in any case.

As for the suggestion, again, no. The M4 was designed to be kind of a 'base' weapon. If they can make an M4, with all the attachments and customization of the real thing, they can use the same system they built the M4 as a base for more weapons.

Second, the m4 is kind of a placeholder. They'll always be in the game, but they'll be made much rarer down the line. You know, once the devs actually have some time to put more extremely detailed weapons in. Right now, there are five guns, and that's it. Once there are more civilian guns and russian guns, then they'll be made rarer, for now, they need to stay the way they are.

• Like 6

The United States government does not even use the M4, as it does not conform to military standards of specifications.

Like Colekern said, but not just no, hell no. Also, dafuq you get that info from?

• Like 2

Then what the fuck have I been using in the military for the past 6 years?

Lets face it, eastern European countries in the vicinity of former Yugoslavia (Such as the Czech republic, which the map of Chernarus was designed from, via aerial and topographical views of the region) do not use American guns.

Wrong, so wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_the_Czech_Republic#Small_arms_.26_hand_weapons

Lets see, M4A3s, M60s, Mk 48s, Sounds pretty American.

• Like 5

Lets face it, eastern European countries in the vicinity of former Yugoslavia (Such as the Czech republic, which the map of Chernarus was designed from, via aerial and topographical views of the region) do not use American guns. The United States government does not even use the M4, as it does not conform to military standards of specifications. I would expect a east European such as this military's to include later pattern AK styled assault weapon variants, such as the AK-103 or AK-107 variants to be used in the military... but an m4? don't get me wrong the m4 is an effective, and at time prolific weapon, but it has no place in the middle of east Europe, bordering the Balkans...Especially not as a spawn in military bases.

Many variants of any of the worlds guns can be found in any country, becoming more common the longer that particular design of gun has existed.

No game developer is going to go around naming the same gun 16 different times to match all these variants.

Next time you pick up an m4, think to yourself "generic ar15"

• Like 1

LOL you dont know much about the M4 do you.....Though it may not be as common as AK I have seen many country's with these in play everywhere and even by insurgancy's all over the globe i agree they shouldnt be as common but lets face it its a video game and who wants to only be able to run around with russian weapons maybe make it less common as Russian weapons but i dont think they should remove it being that the UN still uses this weapon and 5.56 nato round.....Hypothetical The UN intervened in this zombie outbreak those weapons would be all over military outposts like the NWAF Just throw a UN flag on the miltary bases at various locations around chernaraus

Edited by Guido From NY

They should get rid of those 10, 20 and 40 round magazines.

They should get rid of those 10, 20 and 40 round magazines.

And make coupled mags realistic.

Maybe add an AR-15 and move the CMAGs to civilian loot spawns.

• Like 1

And make coupled mags realistic.

Maybe add an AR-15 and move the CMAGs to civilian loot spawns.

I like this idea. Eliminate their spawns from military areas altogether, make them civilian loot, and add an AR-15 that is only capable of semi automatic fire. You should post that in an independent thread.

I like this idea. Eliminate their spawns from military areas altogether, make them civilian loot, and add an AR-15 that is only capable of semi automatic fire. You should post that in an independent thread.

I'm planning on making a gun thread after my Nagant thread dies/i know a dev saw it. Don't wanna spam TO much...

I'm still confused by the OP's about M4s not being used by the US military... I'm a Marine infantryman and I use an M4...

The U.S Military use the M4, still. And the USMC were in the Republic of Chernarus after the CDF requested international aid in the civil war

The U.S Military use the M4, still. And the USMC were in the Republic of Chernarus after the CDF requested international aid in the civil war

Actaully if memory serves only special forces were on the mainland. Marines invaded Utes island.

I played the ArmA 2 campaign about a year ago though, so i don't really remember. Could be wrong.

The M4 was only used by the officers aswell.

IMHO, M4 have its place in Eastern Europe, because some countries there already use it. Though not in very big numbers. And AK-74M need to be at least in comparative numbers.

A little offtop. If something might be replaced, then FNX 45, as service pistol in Eastern Europe. Yes for .45 cal Colt1911 as civilian gun in living houses. But in the army, police and in prison system i would suggest only these handguns, which use 9mm Luger and 9mm Makarov ammo. Glock 17 in the army (with threaded barrel), and Makarov in Police and in the prison (if we will see it).

Sorry about the confusion i had when saying the us military doesnt use the m4...The information i had was From Rifle Evaluation Study, United States Army, Combat Development Command, ADA046961, that took place 20 Dec 1962..it was a statistical survey comparing qualities of seporate rifles, and listing acceptible and unacceptable qualities of each...I was using this study as a basis for this assumption and apoligise for my innaccuracy in this circumstanse.

Edited by Armadyl

To be more precise - Czech army doesn't use AKs, so in this case there should be Sa-58 and CZ 805 BREN rifles instead.

Edit: And also some M4 among others ofc... FYI i attach a list of guns used by Czech army i found:

Pistol vz. 82
Pistol CZ 75 B, BD
Pistol Glock 17
SMG vz.61
SMG Scorpion Evo 3 A1
SMG MP5
Carbine M4 A3
Assault rifle CZ 805 Bren A1
Assault rifle Sa vz.58
Sniper rifle SVD Dragunov
Sniper rifle AI AW-F
Sniper rifle Barrett M82A1
Sniper rifle Sako TRG-22
Sniper rifle Falcon
Machinegun Vz.59
Machinegun Minimi
Machinegun M60E4
Shotgun Benelli M3T Super 90
Shotgun Winchester 1300 Defender

Edited by Blaf

but seriously..why do they have such an enormous stockpole of m4s in the military base..i just would not expect them to use them to such a scale, if any in their military( being its a very tiny, and imaginary country with little resources in east europe) i guess i just dont imagine them having them...

but seriously..why do they have such an enormous stockpole of m4s in the military base..i just would not expect them to use them to such a scale, if any in their military( being its a very tiny, and imaginary country with little resources in east europe) i guess i just dont imagine them having them...

I suppose its just a placeholder till more guns are finished and put ingame.

I always assumed the 4 starter guns are just placeholders for now.  No-where in the world would have this many FN45 and M4's lying around.  I get the impression they added all the M4 and customisation from the very start of the Alpha, to make sure it was working.  M4 will be the most customisable gun, but it will probably be the rarest too.

Rocket has already said that military weapons will be phased out as we approach version 1.0 and will be extremely rare, so expect the FN45 and M4 to be pretty much end-game content.  I am happy to accept that the US dropped in supplies or there was a small US force in Chernarus to explain the presense of (very rare) US hardware.  And NATO could explain stuff like the G3 etc. 

Going forward, we have the Mosin and Double Barrel, and we know the Luger22 and SKS are inbound.  Those fit the civilian survival setting perfectly.  I'd also like to see common Makarov, a wooden-stocked civilian pump action shotgun, and a hunting rifle in there too. 

Dream list:

Civilian/police:

Makarov, Ruger22, Double barrel, WoodenPump, SKS, CZ-hunting rifle 

Home Military:

Glock, .357, AK74, AKS74u, Dragunov, RPK 

Outside military:

BrowningHP, FN45, MP5, M4, G3, M24

Edited by dirtybaz

Basically, this.

And who knows what happened in the time since A2 and DayZ in that place. Or how much time passed in between. Now you can find various berets. While I dunno why New Zealand mil berets would be around, you can also find UN berets.

In short: One could explain the presence of western weapons (and gear) in a place such as that.

My only complaint is if they actually made the M4, an M4. To reiterate, the M4 is the burst firing version which has semi-automatic single fire and automatic 3x round burst. The version featured in-game is more akin to the M4A1 having semi-automatic single fire and fully automatic rapid fire.

It's a small detail yes but regardless, I'd certainly think it would balance it out a bit, especially once the AK-74 is added.