Zjasuu

More new items with pictures! Mosin Compensator!

pssshhh.... THIS is where it's at..

ZCsrK76.jpg

hehe. those shorts make your black characters feet white. just like with arms when wearing gloves.

The reason accuracy increase doesn't make any sense is that it should fire right there what you aim at when you pull the trigger. Is it gonna fix your fucked up rifle that somehow wont hit anything past 50 meters? Come on, just think for more than 30 seconds and don't start a fight.

I believe what I was doing is having a discussion. Just because a second person disagrees with another's point doesn't mean they are "starting a fight".

Actually bullets don't go EXACTLY where you point them, try lobbing 9mm from a short barreled pistol at a 200 yard steel plate and compare your number of hits to a long barreled rifle; but that is besides the point.

The point I'm making is that the current systems are gamey, of course, but they are are trying to pack all of the factors like sway, weapon accuracy, condition, supported and unsupported, etc etc into some easy to tweak variables. Like I said, this isn't ARMA. Maybe (and hopefully) one day they'll go in and make some more "realistic" changes to the firearms mechanics, but I'd rather see them focus on survival and worry about that later.

A bolt action rifle with a compensator...[sarcasm]makes complete sense[/sarcasm]

...It's bolt. action. zero fucks have been givin' to reality on this one.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say dump your bipods: if you find this compensator you shouldn't need them. Haven't tested it yet but that's just my 2¢.

I thought painting the Mosin bugs the bullets.

and buggs the mosin out of the game, too sometimes.

Edited by irishroy

Actually what's idiotic is the fact you think you know anything when clearly you know nothing. Yeah a bipod doesn't make you more accurate by stabilising your gun, that's why the military don't use them. Except they do and it does. Go back to playing CoD or just pretend you know something but keep it to yourself. Pretending you are an internet soldier is not impressing anyone, especially when your arguments are so flawed and you lack any knowledge whatsoever.

Jesus do you not know how weapons work.

A piece of plastic on the bottom of a gun will not make the gun magically shoot better moa. A compensator only redirects gas upward to control recoil.

None I repeat NONE of those things do anything to shift point of impact on a weapon.

Why do idiots bother to respond when they don't have a clue as to what they are talking about ?

It not even rocket science its just common sense. A bipod helps a shooter control the weapon when in the prone position helps him with sway but regardless of a weapon has a bipod or not the gun will hit at the same place.

Here is another example for those that still dont get it. Take a mosin nagant and point it at a target, put that mosin in a vice and tighten it down extremely hard so it cant move. Fire. Now put a piece of plastic in the front a bipod now fire again.

Guess what the weapon will hit exactly where the first shot went.

• Like 1

6vlN.png

Found this gem yesterday. Don't know how it enhances my revolver, considering you can now reload revolvers by pressing R after the patch. If anyone has any theories I'm open to testing

Edited by doomdesire86

Hey guys arguing about the compensator and bipods........IT'S A VIDEO GAME....Not a  war tutorial......That is all...... Good day :rolleyes:

Adding to pink collection.. It appears the old red hoodie icon in inventory is now the pink hoodie.

CjVirTe.jpg

wfwECqk.jpg

New 20 Package for the 7.62

wXZsKQl.jpg
.357 Speedloader

kPrTEo5.jpg

Edited by QbitzR

Actually what's idiotic is the fact you think you know anything when clearly you know nothing. Yeah a bipod doesn't make you more accurate by stabilising your gun, that's why the military don't use them. Except they do and it does. Go back to playing CoD or just pretend you know something but keep it to yourself. Pretending you are an internet soldier is not impressing anyone, especially when your arguments are so flawed and you lack any knowledge whatsoever.

No, he is right.  Bipods do not increase accuracy.  The military uses them because it makes it easier to switch targets, stay on target (holding with hand which is not still means you might miss a few shots, translated to sway)  The bipod is a steady rest.  

You don't have to be soldier to be these things.  A CoD remark is so immature, especially when you demonstrate your lack of knowledge.

Edited by Space Milk

I believe what I was doing is having a discussion. Just because a second person disagrees with another's point doesn't mean they are "starting a fight".

Actually bullets don't go EXACTLY where you point them, try lobbing 9mm from a short barreled pistol at a 200 yard steel plate and compare your number of hits to a long barreled rifle; but that is besides the point.

The point I'm making is that the current systems are gamey, of course, but they are are trying to pack all of the factors like sway, weapon accuracy, condition, supported and unsupported, etc etc into some easy to tweak variables. Like I said, this isn't ARMA. Maybe (and hopefully) one day they'll go in and make some more "realistic" changes to the firearms mechanics, but I'd rather see them focus on survival and worry about that later.

Because of wind.

The upper wind in Chenarus is going west to east (or east to west don't remember)

There is no lower wind yet added to the game.

And probably the reason for your 9mm from short barreled pistol is because you are holding it with your hand.  Your hand is not still, and when you fire you would "flinch" a bit.  This affects the bullet trajectory.

Longer heavy barreled rifles are more accurate because they are less affected by this, and because usually the cartridge which is bigger has more momentum, thus meaning it is less affected by the wind.

I personally don't care I just want the game to be fun and semi realistic.  But you guys seriously have a lack of knowledge on guns and ballistics so don't speak this gibberish for all to hear.  

Dude jesus christ thats not how it works.

Only thing a compensator would do assuming this is a muzzle break would push recoil down.

A compensator, flash hider, etc does not make a gun more accurate neither does the bipod.

These are just stupid consolized mass appeal gameplay mechanics that are #1 idiotic and counter intuitive.

Only 2 things have an effect on accruacy in any fire arm.

#1. Barrel condition

#2. ammunition used and more importantly the bullet inside the particular loading, for example heavier bullets buck wind easier for long range shots.  IE. a 77 grain Sierra match king bullet in a mk262 will be more accurate and hit harder at 800m over say a standard 62 grain fmj in a ss109 round.

So there you have it.

Only way for accuracy to even remotely make sense in stand alone is to have only barrel condition and ammo used be used in consideration.

Bipods, compensator, silencers, stocks, hanguards having any effect on point of impact of any gun is mind numbingly idiotic.

You lost me when you said bipods don't improve accuracy. 

They absolutely do. A bipod creates a much more stable shooting platform which reduces spread. This increases your precision. Accuracy is up to the shooter to aim in the right spot.

They absolutely do. A bipod creates a much more stable shooting platform which reduces spread. This increases your precision. Accuracy is up to the shooter to aim in the right spot.

By accuracy, he means ballistic wise.

Yes a shooter is more precise, but the cartridge/bullet accuracy remains unchanged.

Bipods in the game do not affect sway, they affect bullet accuracy.

At the risk of being labeled pedantic... barrel attachments can affect accuracy (and point of impact) because they change the barrel harmonics.  Depending on the caliber and load, brakes and suppressors can also have an affect by reducing the turbulence of the explosive gasses exiting the muzzle.

On the nugget specifically, you can change POI quite a bit just by removing the bayonet.

Compensators for bolt rifles are intended to reduce felt recoil and muzzle rise, making it easier to keep your target within the FOV of your scope.  Doesn't do much for the first shot, but can accelerate a follow-up.

Bipods are used to steady the rifle when shooting prone.  They serve the same purpose, and are more portable than, a bench rest.  They make the shooter more accurate, not the rifle (although in some circumstances, like when the barrel isn't free-floated (as in the nugget), they can also change POI).

For gaming purposes, it makes sense to give an accuracy buff when using a bipod in the prone position (or knealing behind a wall).  I don't mind an item that gives an accuracy buff when standing or knealing, but I'd prefer it be a sling (which is already there, but does not serve that purpose).

IRL a comp on your nugget won't make your first shot more accurate, but it will make you feel more comfortable, and by extension your 20th shot might be more accurate.  But that's up to you, not the rifle.

Source:  I'm an avid shooter, hunter, instructor, and I own a nugget.

P.S.  I can shoot my 7mag (single shot, no comp, buttpad) all day long... but the nugget wears me out.

P.P.S.  Aim your 1911 about 18" high to ring steal at 100yds.

• Like 1

Only thing a compensator would do assuming this is a muzzle break would push recoil down.

A compensator, flash hider, etc does not make a gun more accurate neither does the bipod.

These are just stupid consolized mass appeal gameplay mechanics that are #1 idiotic and counter intuitive.

#1. Barrel condition

#2. ammunition used and more importantly the bullet inside the particular loading, for example heavier bullets buck wind easier for long range shots.  IE. a 77 grain Sierra match king bullet in a mk262 will be more accurate and hit harder at 800m over say a standard 62 grain fmj in a ss109 round.

So there you have it.

Only way for accuracy to even remotely make sense in stand alone is to have only barrel condition and ammo used be used in consideration.

Bipods, compensator, silencers, stocks, hanguards having any effect on point of impact of any gun is mind numbingly idiotic.

Yes This all affects the accuracy of the weapon itself, but what else can affect accuracy of a shot? The ability of the person shooting to keep the weapon steady. A bipod can help with keeping the barrel steady just as well as resting it on something. Anything that can help lower the recoil would help accuracy on follow-up shots, which is what the compensator is intended to do. If you are going to tear into something and criticise the hell out of it, at least think it through thouroughly...

They improve the shooters accuracy with the weapon but what the game does is magically make the gun shoot much tigher groups when the bipod is deployed.

In real life if a weapon has a bipod or not if it shoots at exactly the same location.

Currently in dayz they have some bootlegged bro science with the weapons. Bipods should only stabilize the gun when deployed and when prone, not magically increase how accurate the gun is.

#1. Barrel condition

So there you have it.

Either you're lying about owning firearms or you're very misinformed. 

The condition of the barrel and the type of ammo are not the only two factors that affect accuracy.  There are many different factors.  If you put the wrong type of handguards on a rifle or put them on improperly, it can adversely affect accuracy because it can affect barrel harmonics.  It's why milsurp rifles like the 91/30 and M44 shift their point of impact when the bayonet is fixed.  A similar thing occurs if you improperly tighten the forward retaining band on a Lee Enfield.  Stop talking about things you have no knowledge of. 

Edited by GruntyAssassin
  • Like 1

Either you're lying about owning firearms or you're very misinformed. 

The condition of the barrel and the type of ammo are not the only two factors that affect accuracy.  There are many different factors.  If you put the wrong type of handguards on a rifle or put them on improperly, it can adversely affect accuracy because it can affect barrel harmonics.  It's why milsurp rifles like the 91/30 and M44 shift their point of impact when the bayonet is fixed.  A similar thing occurs if you improperly tighten the forward retaining band on a Lee Enfield.  Stop talking about things you have no knowledge of. 

I probably should have used the word only.

But what I said still stands.

The only 2 extremely noticeable things that would affect a guns accuracy would be the ammo and barrel.

Bipods , and muzzle breaks will not make the gun any gun more accurate.

Might make the person firing the gun more accurate with the gun but the gun itself should shoot the same groups.