Zjasuu

More new items with pictures! Mosin Compensator!

More new items, yay!

2014-01-23_00017_zpscaa4d78e.jpg

2014-01-23_00016_zpsb19dc321.jpg

Mosin-Nagant with a long range scope + a compensator.

2014-01-23_00022_zps851398db.jpg

2014-01-23_00019_zpsf98b5db5.jpg

2014-01-23_00020_zps9817585e.jpg

2014-01-23_00021_zpsa152d05b.jpg

2014-01-23_00018_zpsf9ec8741.jpg

• Like 3

Nice :)

Does the compensator work as it should, or is it just like the suppressor and bipod?

Does the compensator work as it should, or is it just like the suppressor and bipod?

Sorry I didn't make any testing with it, though I shot 1 guy from ~50 meters and it was pretty accurate :P

More new items, yay!

2014-01-23_00017_zpscaa4d78e.jpg

Mosin-Nagant with a long range scope + a compensator.

When I first seen one of these in game I thought it was a Corsair PSU.

• Like 4

love the new items, killed a dude with a sawed off shotgun lastnight. made me :D

Not really a new item as much as a new texture but I just scored myself some bitchin booties at the cargo ship! ^^

sip5.jpg

• Like 2

This is so fucking stupid.

How does a compensator increase accuracy wtf ?

• Like 1

If the recoil is less powerful you are less likely to flinch when pulling the trigger or be fatigued after a few shots. Its also a video game dude.

• Like 6

So, the Chedaki are now confirmed as apart of DayZ lore. Meaning, the USA was in Chernarus before the events of DayZ. 

Therefore, we can now all lay to rest why we can find Western weapons.

I´m just going to leave this here since it haven´t been posted i think.. got it pre-patch tho.

MfHqeJ6.jpg

pssshhh.... THIS is where it's at..

SJw46sP.jpg?1

ZCsrK76.jpg

Edited by Chompster
  • Like 15

If the recoil is less powerful you are less likely to flinch when pulling the trigger or be fatigued after a few shots. Its also a video game dude.

Dude jesus christ thats not how it works.

Only thing a compensator would do assuming this is a muzzle break would push recoil down.

A compensator, flash hider, etc does not make a gun more accurate neither does the bipod.

These are just stupid consolized mass appeal gameplay mechanics that are #1 idiotic and counter intuitive.

Only 2 things have an effect on accruacy in any fire arm.

#1. Barrel condition

#2. ammunition used and more importantly the bullet inside the particular loading, for example heavier bullets buck wind easier for long range shots.  IE. a 77 grain Sierra match king bullet in a mk262 will be more accurate and hit harder at 800m over say a standard 62 grain fmj in a ss109 round.

So there you have it.

Only way for accuracy to even remotely make sense in stand alone is to have only barrel condition and ammo used be used in consideration.

Bipods, compensator, silencers, stocks, hanguards having any effect on point of impact of any gun is mind numbingly idiotic.

• Like 1

No, it increases accuracy, which is BS.

Only thing a compensator would do assuming this is a muzzle break would push recoil down.

Dude, relax. And no different shapes of compensators do actually vent gasses backwards to reduce recoil. Reducing recoil reduces shooting fatigue, and if you are going to argue that we don't need to talk any further.

Yes they are gamey systems because this is a video game; not sure if you noticed. Bipods help you stabilize your shots, making YOU more accurate. But this isn't a military simulator, its not supposed to be. Packing these kinds of factors into gamey stats is a quick and effective way to make it work. The mod was built on ARMA 2 and therefor used ARMA 2's systems. This is its own game, and maybe one day they'll model all of the sway and whatnot and you can continue pretending this is a military simulator, while I eagerly await new survival mechanics.

There are also much, MUCH more constructive ways to express your concerns with the firearm mechanics than "this is fucking stupid."

Edit: I don't know a whole lot of random people that would be able to just pick up an AR15 platform rifle and operate and maintain it effectively either, so there you go.

Edited by Hells High
  • Like 4

Black painted Mosin (it changed from worn to pristine after painting) - it also spawned on a random spot around me in a ~5 m radius

XlGVFF1.jpg

Edited by QbitzR
  • Like 2

Dude, relax. And no different shapes of compensators do actually vent gasses backwards to reduce recoil. Reducing recoil reduces shooting fatigue, and if you are going to argue that we don't need to talk any further.

Yes they are gamey systems because this is a video game; not sure if you noticed. Bipods help you stabilize your shots, making YOU more accurate. But this isn't a military simulator, its not supposed to be. Packing these kinds of factors into gamey stats is a quick and effective way to make it work. The mod was built on ARMA 2 and therefor used ARMA 2's systems. This is its own game, and maybe one day they'll model all of the sway and whatnot and you can continue pretending this is a military simulator, while I eagerly await new survival mechanics.

There are also much, MUCH more constructive ways to express your concerns with the firearm mechanics than "this is fucking stupid."

Edit: I don't know a whole lot of random people that would be able to just pick up an AR15 platform rifle and operate and maintain it effectively either, so there you go.

The reason accuracy increase doesn't make any sense is that it should fire right there what you aim at when you pull the trigger. Is it gonna fix your fucked up rifle that somehow wont hit anything past 50 meters? Come on, just think for more than 30 seconds and don't start a fight.

• Like 1

If you have to ask that, I doubt you would understand the answer.

A compensator, flash hider, etc does not make a gun more accurate neither does the bipod.

These are just stupid consolized mass appeal gameplay mechanics that are #1 idiotic and counter intuitive.

Only 2 things have an effect on accruacy in any fire arm.

#1. Barrel condition

#2. ammunition used and more importantly the bullet inside the particular loading, for example heavier bullets buck wind easier for long range shots.  IE. a 77 grain Sierra match king bullet in a mk262 will be more accurate and hit harder at 800m over say a standard 62 grain fmj in a ss109 round.

So there you have it.

Only way for accuracy to even remotely make sense in stand alone is to have only barrel condition and ammo used be used in consideration.

Bipods, compensator, silencers, stocks, hanguards having any effect on point of impact of any gun is mind numbingly idiotic.

Actually what's idiotic is the fact you think you know anything when clearly you know nothing. Yeah a bipod doesn't make you more accurate by stabilising your gun, that's why the military don't use them. Except they do and it does. Go back to playing CoD or just pretend you know something but keep it to yourself. Pretending you are an internet soldier is not impressing anyone, especially when your arguments are so flawed and you lack any knowledge whatsoever.

• Like 4

If you have to ask that, I doubt you would understand the answer.

What possible answer can there be? Compensators don't do anything to improve accuracy, period. 

What possible answer can there be? Compensators don't do anything to improve accuracy, period. 

Yeah, a compensator wouldn't do anything for a gun like this.  Could help if they had one in game for the M4 Though.  Wouldn't help with anything but burst firing or full auto though.