Sign in to follow this  
victusmortuus

Server hopper just ruined my day

It started last night when my friend broke his leg, this itself killed the session as everybody got off the game. Today! being a good hero I am I searched high and low for a splint or a Morphine injection, I got one! I messaged my friend on Steam and he was happy that he didn't have to suicide with his Mosin.

I thought "Hey I'll check NE, the server fairly empty, maybe I'll find a sight for my M4". I get in, find nothing but that was fine. On my way out and up at Olsha a server restart happens, the login puts me straight back in the prison building so I'm like "Lucky! I can recheck this!!". I go down the stairs and open the door *BANG!!!* you are dead. 

Fucking server hopper ruined my day!. /rant.

Server restart so you rejoin, only to find out someone has rejoined or started their session?

Edit: and for or.

Edited by L-Rick
  • Like 1

You could log out then return in 5 hours to farm still though?

But what about those of us with shitty server browser performance? i almost never see the same server twice. Except by IP connect of course, but they are all the same, so whats it matter? it happens. I was in an operation with my clan and i was watching the prison doors, and guess what? a guy was server hopping, and when he logged in, he actually pushed me. shit happens man, suck it up. no offense.

But what about those of us with shitty server browser performance? i almost never see the same server twice. Except by IP connect of course, but they are all the same, so whats it matter? it happens. I was in an operation with my clan and i was watching the prison doors, and guess what? a guy was server hopping, and when he logged in, he actually pushed me. shit happens man, suck it up. no offense.

I needed to rant, end of story.

OK. The only sure fix for preventing server hop is : ONE SERVER ONE CHARACTER and KEEP YOUR CHARACTER IN SERVER AFTER YOU LOG OUT

How d you know this guy was server hopping?

I was in and around the area prior to restart, there was no way he was in the building, plus all the doors were shut. 

You ruined your day.. twice to NWAF within a few minutes.. recipe to get shot.  You either need a team to go there or have a death wish.  You take the risk you pay the price.  Suck it up.

I always close the door behind me when I walk into a popular structure/building - so there are no evidence that I'm inside military installations,

because I can see when someone open the door due to lights/shadow effects.

-Ori

You ruined your day.. twice to NWAF within a few minutes.. recipe to get shot.  You either need a team to go there or have a death wish.  You take the risk you pay the price.  Suck it up.

North East. I can see why it was my fault if it wasn't a server hopper but hey.....server hoppers man.

To be honest, i think i just killed you, i killed 3 other people their too, on low population and it just restarted, did a Coloured woman with a blue cap and mosin kill you?

Edited by Ted_Youtube

Sorry to hear that..  I had a server hopper make my day earlier.. I was at NEAF and I just got done searching one of the buildings and was about to leave when i heard the noise of a gun reloading.. I went to the first floor and the room i just searched had a door closed.. So i said i know you are in there server hopper, come out with your hands up.. he said lol, i have a surprise for you. So i decided to go outside and sit in a bush and just wait for him to come out of the building, when all of a sudden this guy comes from the hangars and stops in right by the entrance to the building.. I almost said something in direct chat but i thought to myself thats probably that server hopper trying to ambush from behind after hopping to another server, so 1 shot to the chest from my mosin put him down.. When i checked his gear he had like 8 double clips for the m4 and a 2 cases of ammo full of ammo.. I left all of it on his corpse because i like the mosin.. love this game..

• Like 1

To be honest, i think i just killed you, i killed 3 other people their too, on low population and it just restarted, did a Coloured woman with a blue cap and mosin kill you?

Gas mask/M4 :)

Not to nullify your rant, but this might have been fairly innocent. Hell, YOU might have appeared to be the server hopper to the other guy. Problem here was that they shot you first, though, wasn't it?

I 'server hop' when my connection shows a red chain. I don't see the point in staying as it almost always results in a disconnect.

I also get my character rolled back a couple days, often, and am forced to restart in, essentially, a random location.

Anyway, it was probably a filthy cretin, but might have been another guy just.... like.... you!

HE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!

THE CALLS ARE COMING FROM INSIDE THE BARRACKS!!!

North East Airfield is loaded with people that just appear in the one prison next to the air traffic control tower, they loot it and leave. I have hardly ever seen anyone run across to check the hangars. I don't get why people carry so much useless gear, like 2 full ammo boxes. Its hilarious to kill people so heavily loaded. Must have took some time leaping around.

My last5 deaths bar one have been at the NEAF. You hang around and you'll die.

Moral of the story, if you have an item for someone, get it to them before you start wandering about.

Moral of the story, if you have an item for someone, get it to them before you start wandering about.

Was heading to log off :(

The only sure fix for preventing server hop is : ONE SERVER ONE CHARACTER

Bad ideal.  What if the server lags?  What if the server is down for some reason?  Hell, Me and my friend have trouble finding a server where both of us can get a stable connect.  What if I joined a server, it was fine for me but laggy for him and I was unable to switch.   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Back On topic line-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I don't see any proof he was server hopper.  Did the shot come from behind?  If you are on a "fairy" empty server its 80% likely the few players that are on are located around bolata or NW airfeild.  He could have been thinking the same thing as you.  "oh boy a restart, I can get some loot now".    

Edited by harley001

OK. The only sure fix for preventing server hop is : ONE SERVER ONE CHARACTER and KEEP YOUR CHARACTER IN SERVER AFTER YOU LOG OUT

Keep character in server after log out? Firstly, behave. Secondly, how in shit would that work? Thirdly, behave.

Bad ideal.  What if the server lags?  What if the server is down for some reason?  Hell, Me and my friend have trouble finding a server where both of us can get a stable connect.  What if I joined a server, it was fine for me but laggy for him and I was unable to switch.   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Back On topic line-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I don't see any proof he was server hopper.  Did the shot come from behind?  If you are on a "fairy" empty server its 80% likely the few players that are on are located around bolata or NW airfeild.  He could have been thinking the same thing as you.  "oh boy a restart, I can get some loot now".    

I have 1000's of hours on Dayz as a whole mate I know he was a server hopper. I'm not even bothered anymore anyway so I'm gonna go loot back up and find another splint. :)

I could understand being upset and having to start over to regear up if it was extremely difficult to gear up.  Seeing as you can get fairly good gear with-in an hour or two death should be looked at differently and one should not be so attached to their gear.