Sign in to follow this  
enlgma

DayZ Spawn Points - Mass Suicide

Hey guys, i think everyone knows that the new Spawns are horrible (I want the old spawns back). Now a famous german hardware Site posted this screenshot.

dayz-pcgh.jpg

I really want the spawns from the mod back, you had to walk less and people were sewed more on the map.

Well. It's the users choice to do so. Each one of them seems to wan't COD. 

• Like 5

So...is there a story behind this picture? or are we just going to assume the spawns somehow caused all of this to happen...

this is an alpha you know...

I like how no one knows thats right next to a rather large town with a military spawn -right- up the hill.

• Like 2

I only spawn in like 1 of 4 different locations. Never spawned there. usually by Electro or the town NE of it, or up by just north of Factory on the coast

after player suicide in my opinion dev's need to add something like Grave plate on corpse with player name on it

so after that anyone can make census of morons on any server... lol 

• Like 5

This is pre-patch screeny and happened a lot, Making a thread based off old information is really taking an old turd, adding some more turd to it and presenting it as chocolate pudding. Everyone who has some just loses respect for you while planning revenge.

Please post only relevant issue's instead of old ones that have (hopefully) been solved.

I really want the spawns from the mod back

No. The solution is absolutely not to cater to players who would rather spend 20 minutes repeatedly suiciding in order to save themselves a 20 minute run. It's senseless effort to cater to a senseless group of players.

Spawn points should not be "convenient."

The solution is to make spawn suicide pointless by locking players to a single point until they're able to survive for at least an hour, or are killed by player-related activity. This way, suicide accomplishes nothing and players will quickly learn that the best way to get to where they want to be is to strap on their jogging shoes and run there, the way it should be.
Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 6

This is pre-patch screeny and happened a lot, Making a thread based off old information is really taking an old turd, adding some more turd to it and presenting it as chocolate pudding. Everyone who has some just loses respect for you while planning revenge.

Please post only relevant issue's instead of old ones that have (hopefully) been solved.

Since yesterdays patch, I've spawned in two different places, both just south of Berezino.  Was the new patch suppose to fix something with spawn locations?  To add, I had several people asking me to kill them last night, just so they could respawn (hopefully) in a better spot.  

Posts like this seem pretty relevant in voicing user opinions, but I'm sure the devs have no intention of keeping the current spawn system the way it is. . 

I'm sure the devs have no intention of keeping the current spawn system the way it is. . 

Why? They're the ones who changed it from the old system on purpose. What's wrong with it, exactly? 5 minutes to Berezino, 15-20 to Chernogorsk or (better yet, if you're smart) a straight shot inland to Mogilevka, etc.

Old spawn points west of Chernogorsk are no longer appropriate given the quality of loot available in Balota, Pavlovo, Zelonogorsk, Vybor, etc.

West is the new North which makes East the new South. You spawn far from the "good stuff" for a reason.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 5

Why? They're the ones who changed it from the old system on purpose. What's wrong with it, exactly? 5 minutes to Berezino, 15-20 to Chernogorsk or (better yet, if you're smart) a straight shot inland to Mogilevka, etc.

Old spawn points west of Chernogorsk are no longer appropriate given the quality of loot available in Balota, Pavlovo and Zelonogorsk.

West is the new North which makes East the new South. You spawn far from the "good stuff" for a reason.

Yeah doesn't really make much sense if you have a randomized spawn. There has to be some sort of balance to it that brings about a bit of order as far gameplay goes

otherwise you'd have people complaing they spawned up in way NW of Kras or somewhere more inconvenient than that

Edited by DeatHTaX

How is it relevant where the "good stuff" spawns? It's all gone within 30 minutes of restart anyways. All the spawn changing has done is changed were the Dbags camp, I was murdered 3 times trying to meet up with a friend in electro, people are getting gear and camping the roads to cherno from the east. So really how does this help?

How is it relevant where the "good stuff" spawns? It's all gone within 30 minutes of restart anyways. All the spawn changing has done is changed were the Dbags camp, I was murdered 3 times trying to meet up with a friend in electro, people are getting gear and camping the roads to cherno from the east. So really how does this help?

So you know where people are camping and yet still run straight into the camp zone.

• Like 1

People should only spawn in Solnichniy and Kamyshovo.

Now is that a should only as in "it's designed that way" or "i think it should be this way"

Road from Kamyshovo to Elektro is most camped palce in game...what to do...???

I know!

I will run from Kmyshovo to Elektro over and over again untill all campers waste all their bullets on me! Genius!

I would rather seem random spawns all over the map and have "good" loot spawn in major cities that are overrun with zombies. Make it so that to get the loot you would need other peoples help. Until something like that happens that suiciding and KoS will not be stopped.

I would rather seem random spawns all over the map and have "good" loot spawn in major cities that are overrun with zombies. Make it so that to get the loot you would need other peoples help. Until something like that happens that suiciding and KoS will not be stopped.

I really don't think it's fair to assume that your way will solve this problem...lol, no offense :)

Noob spawn in Solnichniy. Goes to suicide tower, spawn in Kamyshowo, runs to Elektro, gets killed. Spawn and suicide in Solnichniy again.  Spawn in Berezino, gets killed by berezino campers. Spawn in Solnichniy again, commits suicide. Spaw in Kahyshovo, gets killed by campers, back in Solnichniy again.

Spawn points are okay, people are just stiupid.

• Like 6

It seems like the fellow in the back right corner opted to not drink the Kool-aid...

How is it relevant where the "good stuff" spawns? It's all gone within 30 minutes of restart anyways.

Isn't that a bit of a circular question? Getting closer to the good stuff is precisely why people commit suicide, so it's very clearly relevant.

In any case, the current loot system is temporary. It's not always going to work this way.

I was murdered 3 times trying to meet up with a friend in electro

After the first time, you should have gone "Hmm." After the second time you might have had a good sit down and considered your options carefully.

By the third time, you really should have realized that the problem has nothing to do with "dbags" or where they camp, but lies with you and your brain trust group of buddies thinking the second largest city on the map is a good place to meet-up. At any point did you consider meeting, oh, I don't know, literally anywhere else?

• Like 3

Grr posting at work so I can't use the quote function properly

KnoCC - very funny post mate you have my beans.

But let's be honest...spawnkilling is still a Dbag move xD

But so is continuing to be spawnkill bait

Until something like that happens that suiciding and KoS will not be stopped.

Suicide can easily be stopped with the system I suggested. Suicide would no longer be useful and so people would stop doing it.

As for KoS, of course it won't be stopped because nobody is trying to stop it. It's part of the game. If you don't want to be killed on sight then try to stay out of sight. Like, for starters, don't fucking march down the middle of the bleeding highway into the second largest city on the map 3 minutes after appearing on the beach with nothing but a flashlight and a battery, Sherlock.

• Like 1