k120

Izh43 shotgun test/comparison

Did small testing and comparison video of standard & sawed-off Izh43 shotgun if someone haven't found one yet but is interested to see.
If you ask me sawing off your shotgun isn't going to be worth it atleast for now. (Cool feature nonetheless.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o26UvcYBKrY

• Like 6

Very interesting, thanks. It settles my doubts about whether I should exchange my Mosin for a shotgun, I won't (at least not on a permanent basis, but I may try it out for a while for fun). The sawed off does indeed seem to be extremely unreliable even at very close quarters, as other posters on this forum have mentioned as well.

Another thing in your video. I noticed that you used the speed loader, but I also noticed that you had to load the speed loader before loading the gun. What is the process and how long does it take if you just load the shotgun by dragging the bullets on to it and choose the "Load" option? That extra process with loading the loader for a measly two shots seems very wasteful to me.

nice, thank you. Altho the effectiveness of the sawed-off seems a bit random ? Or is it like the Magnum where you should aim just a Little bit to the left ?

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

If you have speed loaders you can reload directly with R without going to inventory as long as you have speed loaders in inventory that have rounds loaded.(Same way as reloading in mod.) It's just that i had only one speedloader.

Yes,effectiveness seems a bit random with sawed-off as it has huge spread. I didn't remember to specificly test it but if i remember right it might be even 1-2m at distance of <10 meters.

Edited by K120

Another thing in your video. I noticed that you used the speed loader, but I also noticed that you had to load the speed loader before loading the gun. What is the process and how long does it take if you just load the shotgun by dragging the bullets on to it and choose the "Load" option? That extra process with loading the loader for a measly two shots seems very wasteful to me.

Seems perfectly legitimate to me. Speedloaders don't load themselves, but they do allow you to load both barrels at once when they are pre-loaded with shells. To be effective, the speedloader should be pre-loaded with shells before you need to use it. That way, you'd have four shots available in relatively quick succession. To be effective, you should;

- Load shotgun

- Load speedloader

- Fire shotgun when required

- Reload shotgun with speed loader

If you still need to reload the shotgun after four shots then you've either fucked up your shots or you've picked the wrong weapon for the situation.

nice, thank you. Altho the effectiveness of the sawed-off seems a bit random ? Or is it like the Magnum where you should aim just a Little bit to the left ?

Looks to me like you have to aim low for the sawn-off to be effective at close range. Personally, I'm not sure why you'd want one unless it gives you a significant advantage when facing two side-by-side foes in close proximity (or if you can store it in a backpack once cut down). Edited by Monkfish
  • Like 2

(or if you can store it in a backpack once cut down).

2x5slots (2 rows)

• Like 2

How big is the standard compared to the sawed off (Backpack wise.) I'm planning on carrying a sawed-off along with my mosin and Python. Also, did you find this in an office building?

Has anyone found one anywhere else?

I like the sawn off because it makes me feel like a stalker. Gonna start using sawn off and pistol.

• Like 1

Saw two at Rify.

Sawed-off takes up two rows in a mountain backpack.

I found shotgun from a barn. Same as the thumbnail of this video. Also neither of these shotguns fit inside a backpack. I think storage size is same as other primary weapons.

Edited by K120

2x5slots (2 rows)

Handy to know. Thanks.

How big is the standard compared to the sawed off (Backpack wise.) I'm planning on carrying a sawed-off along with my mosin and Python. Also, did you find this in an office building?

Has anyone found one anywhere else?

I imagine given its length, that the standard shotgun would be worn on the shoulder like other rifles/long melee items and won't fit into any backpacks. This would be where the sawn-off has an advantage as it'll fit into a backpack, allowing the user to still carry another rifle/shotgun and melee weapon.

Love how everyone wears this kinda clothing. Makes it easy to identify who is going to KOS.

Love how everyone wears this kinda clothing. Makes it easy to identify who is going to KOS.

Sorry but no. Even friendly players might like camo / olive clothing to hide from pesky snipers.

• Like 1

Did small testing and comparison video of standard & sawed-off Izh43 shotgun if someone haven't found one yet but is interested to see.

If you ask me sawing off your shotgun isn't going to be worth it atleast for now. (Cool feature nonetheless.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o26UvcYBKrY

Load the shotgun with loose shells, and keep the speed loader in your inventory. This allows you to use the speed loader like a magazine for the m4

• Like 1

I found a shotgun in a hospital on a chair. I also found 1 in a barn. I think they are somewhat random, but have a greater chance to spawn in most locations. Just check everywhere and you'll find one. I sawed mine off and it does have quite a spread and you need to be relatively close to your target to hit. I think i'm going to carry a regular shotgun and a sawn-off one  for close-quarters combat.

I can't wait until they come out with a mid-range, faster loading and very fast rate of fire rifle equal to the winchester in the mod. I'll likely sport that with a sawn-off as a side-arm. The winchester in the mod was one of the most underrated guns in the game imo. Thing was beast mode devastating at mid-range.

Edited by Gekkonidae

Sorry but no. Even friendly players might like camo / olive clothing to hide from pesky snipers.

Exactly. Why would clothing that improves your chances to survive be exclusive to murderers.

Exactly. Why would clothing that improves your chances to survive be exclusive to murderers.

Personally I look with suspicion at players wearing masks. They do not fit the post-soviet country at all, and in reality, I'd never wear them.

Only piece of clothing, that would mean bandit to me, would be either ski masks or balaclavas, or scarf wrapped around face.

Hopefully they will add them to game later.