Sign in to follow this  
indian the hawk

Do you read the Steam forums, especially the bug section?

Hello,

This is actually my first post here. So... hello again good people! :) I've planned to do it for some time already, but somehow couldn't get round to it. yet here I am!

But on the topic. It has been bothering me for a while. Do you guys read bug reports on the steam forums. I know you may not want to due to the increase number of whiners, but there are some valid posts about bugs there, and I am yet to see any feedback. I want to know also because I am not sure, if I should post info about bugs there at all. As DayZ is on Steam, it is faster to use those forums, but if it is pointless, then I will only stick to this place. For example I've had a problem with game freezing upon doing anything on the empty server list already in the experimental build, but I got no feedback on it. I completely deleted the game contents and I am currently downloading everything again - I hope it helps. If not, I will post it in the feedback section.

BTW, do I have to register a new account to post info about bugs in the feedback section? I couldn't log with my credentials for this forum.

Cheers!

• Like 1

The steam forums are even more infested with whiny people that cant read disclaimers. I stay away from that hellhole.

True that! Well, the bad news is that the bug persists after the re-installation. I cannot post in the bug section for some reason. Maybe the admin is yet to assign the rights to my account.

There will be many bugs, some very obvious, for a very long time. There is a rather large list of things to take care of and in time they will be. 

Imagine you have a VERY messy garage, that will require several trips to the dump and store to get cleaned out. You have you and your car. You cant do it in one day, you have to continue to make progress. Sometimes you spill some paint and need to clean it up and it sets you back (last patches bug that pushed it back to tuesday), but you keep going and making progress. Couple days later you have a nice clean garage.

Cept this is a game, and its going to take over a year.

There is the official bug tracker

You can vote up issues, or make new bug reports :)

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php

beans for showing him where he is ment to relate bug info i doubt the devs spend much time looking at steam forums or even this one lol .

Thats why they have the tracker all those testing the game will report it there and they can have a nice neat listing of bugs and there priority ( how much its been upvoted etc. beans for the op and this fine gent...

@Judopunch Ye, I know, no worries. Thank you for the vivid explanation, it was a nice one :) The bug I mentioned disallowed me to start a game at all though... It turned out it was a firewall setting, however, luckily :) I posted it on the bug tracker page anyway.

@SoulFirez Hehe, thank you good sir. So this is what the bean business here is all about! :)

@Karmaterror - Thanks man. I actually knew about it, I just couldn't log in on that page. My mistake, as it turned out - I used by email instead of my nickname.