Hutch (DayZ)

Character rolled back several days

Logged in expecting to be where I was last, instead I'm where I was last weekend. Saturday or Sunday night I think.

Not a problem for me since I had more ammo and supplies then.

Same thing happened to me, and from what it sounds like, many others. It's good to hear that you weren't too badly affected by it, though

Every time I join hardcore, even if I've played on it, my character resets. Shame because I love first person only, but I can wait.

In the meantime, I got rolled back to my righteous hero character that was "ARMA'd" several days ago, so that's pretty cool!

Edited by Hells High

Same to me; I thought I had my 7 bags of rice character that was limited to regular servers, due to my switching to a freshspawn on a hardcore server. But no, I ran around with the new guy and got an axe and traveled for nearly an hour, and when the server reset, I switched to another server to find that character replaced with a freshspawn. I try another hardcore server, and it's the rice guy. 

What the fuck is happening with the servers, and can someone explain how to zone in on a character I want to play as?

(It is saving rice guy but deleting any other attempts for some reason)

Edited by omgwtfbbq

I got rolled back to a character that had a smaller backpack, no can opener and had a 357. revolver instead of a Mosin Nagant.

... Didn't care, kept playing anyways.

I got rolled back to a previous character from a week or so ago when I first started playing today, but now it just seems to be wiped completely on all servers.  Oh well, off to run in the middle of the road in my underwear it is.  I talk to more people when I have nothing to lose anyway.

That was a sweet scope with the Mosin - but I back with my M4 no biggy.

I got rolled back to the life that got ended by two fast trackers with axes. I got three openers and three bottles of water. I wouldn't even be mad because I'm still continuing my "alive" hour streak I had before the wipe, but the character doesn't save on all regular servers...

I logged in 4 times and got 3 different characters, the last two characters were from 3 days ago but sure whatever I have a full kit can't complain that much I guess

I think it was stated that now you have different sets of DB for hardcore/regular Servers. I can only guess that the resets are a result of the changes made to the Servers/mainhive processing of playerdata. he.