Sign in to follow this  
fig0451

Character Reset on Every Sever Join

Just wanted to bring more attention to this.

It's been happening to me and everyone I know who plays DayZ on hardcore. Currently unsure if it's specific to hardcore or not, but it seems that for a significant amount of people, every time they join a server it resets their character back to the coast.

Here's the bug thread: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=7291

Edit:

In case this isn't clear, this began with the latest patch.

Edited by fig0451

I think that if you log in the same hardcore server you were, it doesn't delete your character. I'm not sure about this, I just think so... If so, then it is a potential solution to server hopping.

• Like 1

Try joining a hardcore server, quitting, and joining the same server. Still reset?

I got reset when rejoining the same server, just gotta wait till the hive issues get worked out I suppose. On a side note I joined a Regular server and spawned with a character that was killed weeks ago. ^^

Just tried changing Hardcore servers a few times. This did not happen. 

I think most people are having these issues, the bug section is riddled with it.

No matter if its hardcore or not, it resets for me. I wont be playing until it gets fixed.

Weird I joined today with the new patch and my character was still there, I didn't get reset.

It seems to be different for certain servers.  At first I was bummed because I lost all my stuff.  Played for a while with the new character, but went over to another server and my original player was restored.  Some of my gear was missing, but it's better than nothing.

Try a few more servers, maybe it'll work out.

It seems to be different for certain servers.  At first I was bummed because I lost all my stuff.  Played for a while with the new character, but went over to another server and my original player was restored.  Some of my gear was missing, but it's better than nothing.

Try a few more servers, maybe it'll work out.

Does this include Hardcore servers?

Because I've experienced this on regular servers, but never hardcore.