Frosty-nee

Zombie respawn time too fast

Happened to me in 1.7.2.3. A zombie just respawned in front of me and punched me. I could also see some zombies appearing and disappearing around me. Kinda scares me when suddenly a zombie appears and disappears in front of you...

Also it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to clear out an area. Zombies just keep spawning if I am about 150 meters away from a building. I bet it can be exploited too as an easy farming technique.

Same here. We tryed to raid a village. There was only one open house- no loot. We where forced to fire a shot to kill an agro. and suddenly we had zombie after zombie after zombie after zombie after zombie after zombie after zombie after zombie after zombie after zombie after zombie after zombie after zombie comming our way. This was last week, we havent played as a group since.

Sounds familiar. Three of my friends and I were going to raid a heli. Only one of us was near so they camped it till the rest arrived. As she was waiting there were 4 more respawns but she didn't fire a single shot. So by the time we arrived there was over 30 zombies. One of us had an MK and made short work out of the lot but while we were looting there was another spawn. The overwatch had a tough time keeping the zeds off long enough for us to exit our gear and return fire. Fortunately we have never had an endless spawn in areas such as NW Air or NE Air but its only a matter of time. This does need to be fixed. The faster the better. Though I am not sure which I would rather have fixed first. The tent glitch or the zombie spawn.

I support lowering zombie spawn. A friend and I were holed up in a barn outside of a smaller town. We kill one zed who crawls in wondering what the commotion was. Sitting on the ladders we end up going from 5 kills a piece to a much larger 40 kills a piece before we decide to log out due to the shitty respawn. Endless waves of zombies is not what I am interested in.

The big alpha excuse

bugs are being purpoesly left in to make the game seem more challenging and all the bugs that fuck the players over in some way or another are definetly left in, i started bleeding mildly couldnt bandage because of glitch controls forcing me to run all the time disconnected to fix it rejoined fell unconcious for 10 mins as soon is i rejoin and bleed to death losing tons of decent gear

Players cheating: "send in your decoy noob friend who your speaking to on teamspeak, and tell him to disconnect from server when players catch him then he reports hostile players locations" happend to me a few times gunned down by 3 guys with automatics

glitchy zombies; they are allowed to hit you form 3 metres and get a hit every time and half you shots miss point blank kinda conveiniently challenging tho eh?

gunfire attracts zombies the point is to avoid and only fire as a last resort and be tactical about it, with that said tho multiple waves of 20/30/40 is damn excessive!

I was playing with a buddy last night. We were in a barn. A zombie would spawn in the centre of the barn about every minute, even though we were both there. In some cases, we would shoot the zombie, then it would despawn and another zombie would spawn in the centre again. We bailed.

Same here.

My buddy and I were holed up in a baracks up near the NW airfield. I saw the same exact zombie spawn in the building 6 times in a row. It'd appear, we'd shoot it and it'd die, to be instantly replaced by a new zombie. We couldn't believe our eyes. And that on top of the zeds continuing to rush the main entrance everytime we'd shoot one down.

That, combined with the sudden hard nerfing of the .45's made it a rather interesting time for us to escape from.

The zombie spawn rate isnt as annoying for me as nightime seeming to make zombies see me like ive got a flare up my crack.

Seriously, i was lying down prone, not moving, and i see a zombie halfway across a paddock randomly aggro and run at me.

I was at Green Moutain (037 093) with 2 other players, we all had automatic weapons (AK and M16), and the zombies respawn was INSANE. At first there were 10 of them, we killed them quickly, and instantly 5 others respawned. We killed them, advanced carefully toward the building, and after a few steps 10 other zombies spawned!

3 men armed with automatic weapons, and we had to run away!

15 minutes later, we found a barn, and again, we had to kill about 20 zombies around the barn, even though there were only 5 at first, but they just kept respawning.

i was on a server just now, got chased ran into a resturant upstairs, i happened to have a lee enfield which bangs like a firecracker zombies came in i shot the few down more came good thing i had like 10 mags the more i shot the more came all together body count clocked 60 b4 i shot my way down the stairs and ducked out the back door the more that die the more that spawn and the more i shoot the nearby ones that spawn keep coming it was an infinite cycle, abit later i also had the problem of shooting a zombie and it suddenly coming back to life in the same place i got knocked unconcious and bled from 8000 blood to 4000 before i manged to bandage up
  • Like 1

I was in a barn in Grishino and literally went through 4 DMR mags fighting an endless wave of spawning zombies. At first I thought it was kinda funny because my zed headshot kills skyrocketed, but eventually I left the server because I thought it was a random bug. Apparently several other people are having a similar problem though.

A buddy and I found a crashed helicopter and cleared it of the zombies. We ran in, and new ones (around 8) spawned around us, forcing us to flee. Something needs fixed.

These zombies are aggroing from several hundred meters away. While I like the new challenge...its a bit insane. I want to see more zombies in the towns...not zombies that aggro from 5 miles away and respawn immediately effectively swarming you to no end.

Besides that, the graphical glitch with the dead NPC military characters is making the game unplayable.

Honestly I would have no problem with all of this if I could easily use my hatchet to kill zombies without having to drop my primary weapon on the ground or move it to my backpack.

Hatchet should also have a larger hit area. Right now it is an extremely close range silenced pistol. Really the fact that melee is in ArmA at all is a miracle but I wonder if there is a way to make the hatchet actually have an arc of damage so you don't have to be so ridiculously precise with it.

I will agree with the ridiculous zombie spawn time and increased aggroing, plus the wonderful nerfing from BI has made the game more difficult than ever as a noob.

Instant zombie spawning sucks. We shot three dead near a tree stand with SILENT weapons. They instantly respawned as the third dropped. Without silenced weapons they seem far to sensitive to hearing and sight. I know 'hearing' was fixed from last patch but this is insane and it seems to have messed up how they aggro with sight by making them insanely sensitive. I've gotten attacked while prone from 30+ meters away.

I died to zombies for the first time in months last night. I also ran a Mk48 dry doing so. Audible range on weapons appears to have effectively tripled. Makarovs pull aggro from 200m+, and sniper rifles and MMG's basically pull aggro on everything. Combined with the lightning respawn times, it becomes an endless tide, perpetually aggro'd. I got overwhelmed in a little backwater villiage, and had the privilege of seeing someone fire a Winchester 1866 within Elektro. It was like watching Left 4 Dead

• Like 1

Rapid spawning is an issue, but so is proximity. I was out in the open in the dark when it started raining. I found a small shack to hole up in to wait the rain out. Took out two of three zombies near the shack (third was well on his shambling way in the opposite direction). I closed the doors to the shack, picked up an item or two, and proceeded to mess around in my inventory. Next thing I know, I hear the tell-tale moans of a nearby zombie. I quickly exit my inventory and about crap my pants.

A zombie is standing right in front of me!

I quickly put him down, but then a monkeyzed is now in his place! Thinking "WTF" I quickly left and found somewhere else to hide.

I've also had zombies spawn directly under me while in a deer stand, making it very difficult to leave.

I know most spawn points produce 3 zombies, give or take. It would be great to not have another 5 pop up right in front of you once you take those original three out! When an area is clear, it should remain clear! At least for a reasonable amount of time. It's hard enough to shoot a zombie on the run, with that erratic sprint and all, but this is ridiculous.

Edited by Grindstone
  • Like 1

Why is this sinking down? It's the worst game bug that affects general gameplay. It's broken and this needs to be fixed.

If the zombie spawns are broken then of course it will be fixed either by a hotfix if its really urgent or a full update. Just sneak in like your meant to and no more zombies will appear because the zombie count has not changed (in that spawn area), if you do get seen and chased, run into a building to take advantage of the AI pathing error (zombies can not run indoors) and wait until all are inside and crouch run out a different door (if possible).

Hope I helped,

CRUSADER

Edited by CRUSADER_111

run into a building to take advantage of the AI pathing error (zombies can not run indoors) and wait until all are inside and crouch run out a different door (if possible).

That's about the only thing that will save a survivor from an inevitable flood of zeds respawning which I am not opposed to. I'm opposed to them spawning within seconds of one dying; how real is it when you kill a zed but then three appear out of no where? There should definitely be some time between spawns (set by a DayZ patch or by the server owner/hoster) to bring this mod back to a more playable, noob-friendly status.

That's about the only thing that will save a survivor from an inevitable flood of zeds respawning which I am not opposed to. I'm opposed to them spawning within seconds of one dying; how real is it when you kill a zed but then three appear out of no where? There should definitely be some time between spawns (set by a DayZ patch or by the server owner/hoster) to bring this mod back to a more playable, noob-friendly status.

It can only be changed by a Dayz patch, server hosts have no control over this.

Today I was in Stary market when things got out of hand

Shot 1 zed with my pistol, suddendly 15 run straight into the shop passing through walls and shelves.

I only had a double barreled shotgung 6 pellets and 3 g17 mags.

I tried to go for heashots but in the end I had to flee when I only had half g17 mag left

• Like 1