Sign in to follow this  
the1freeMan (DayZ)

How to get character back after the 32.114557 patch

Or you could follow this guide:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/167123-guide-changing-your-character-name-in-game-name/

And simply click on your name and change it.

Uh, that's not at all what he's talking about, but okay.

He's talking about saving your old character by giving it the new name. That other guide is for changing the name post-launch ingame.

Uh, that's not at all what he's talking about, but okay.

He's talking about saving your old character by giving it the new name. That other guide is for changing the name post-launch ingame.

You can't save your character by changing your name. It's bound to your CD-Key / GUID.

Sigh.

We need a moderator to delete this crap before everyone realizes there's no reason to search fo gear.

• Like 1

Sigh.

We need a moderator to delete this crap before everyone realizes there's no reason to search fo gear.

Maybe so but for some people it worked, but unlucky people like me I really have to start over. Looks like the lucky few managed to reload an old and worked...

My character screen has me with all of the gear I found but when I join a server, I have no items

Sigh.

What's the point of searching for gear when you just lose it every time you change a server? :/

You can't save your character by changing your name. It's bound to your CD-Key / GUID.

When you assume you make an ASS out of U and ME. Test!

Sigh.

I believe that if the devs wanted to delete the old profiles they would have done that. This thing you call crap is simply basic computer knowlege .

Maybe so but for some people it worked, but unlucky people like me I really have to start over. Looks like the lucky few managed to reload an old and worked...

My character screen has me with all of the gear I found but when I join a server, I have no items

Seems like on some servers it doesn't work :/

Or you could follow this guide:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/167123-guide-changing-your-character-name-in-game-name/

And simply click on your name and change it.

It doesn't work, it won't get your old character back. In fact it won't save at all for me. I was almost at Elektro city and loged out to check if the character saved the location, but I started at a new random location.

I got my gear from week ago, doesn't really matter because now I have actually more ammo and food :D

Also remember that hardcore and normal are on differend hives from now on! :beans:

• Like 1

This thing you call crap is simply basic computer knowlege .

Hi.

Not really. You miss my whole point, I could care less about peoples character wipes.

Regards.

I got my gear from week ago, doesn't really matter because now I have actually more ammo and food :D

Also remember that hardcore and normal are on differend hives from now on! :beans:

i lost my acog and hunting backup... oh well lol.

edit: This is the first time i've been annoyed by the alpha.... change it back to steam usernames... please....

also, i can't even put my name in because it's to long...

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX

Which servers were you joining while testing this? 

Theres two hives now, so if you join a hardcore server you will start with a new character,

but you should still have your old character if you join a regular server.

There has been no mass character wipe.

As Kichilron says, your character is bound to your cd  key and that data is stored on the central server run by BI, theres nothing you can change that will effect your gear.

All that swapping profiles around does is give you back your old settings such as graphics and controls.

Which servers were you joining while testing this? 

Theres two hives now, so if you join a hardcore server you will start with a new character,

but you should still have your old character if you join a regular server.

There has been no mass character wipe.

As Kichilron says, your character is bound to your cd  key and that data is stored on the central server run by BI, theres nothing you can change that will effect your gear.

All that swapping profiles around does is give you back your old settings such as graphics and controls.

some people lost there character. some people, like me, had there character rolled back a week.... some like you are apparently just fine.

ALSO, the profile did bring my old character back, but then i spawned on the beach when i joined a game. then i rejoined and was back to where i started. 1 week rollback.

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX
  • Like 1

So...

Do we now have two characters? One on a regular server and a different one on Hardcore?

Do we know if this is going to be a permanent thing?

Please, no guessing, I can do that myself!