Sign in to follow this  
TheStevieJ

Night server - Cant see anything

No. I'll stop doing it when the others stop doing it. Don't call others ''a pathetic excuse for a gamer'' because being in a 40/40 server looting Elektro with a torch on while almost EVERYONE else is exploiting the gamma is not being a good gamer, it's called being a dumbass.

I wouldn't mind dying because of that in a FPS or other game since you don't lose everything you've worked for and then get killed by someone who is using a glitch that 9/10 people use.

gamma exploiters do indeed stain night time play for the rest of us with their cowardly ways and the ability to light up the night needs to be fixed, I still play nights and I still use a torch.

If I die because another guy exploits then so be it, I refuse to allow gutless wankers to impinge upon my enjoyment of the pure night time dayz experience.

But interesting thing is - gamma exploit do not work when you have clouds disabled but it works when you have clouds on very low.

Bug? Accident? Were devs trying to fix gamma exploit and failed?

But interesting thing is - gamma exploit do not work when you have clouds disabled but it works when you have clouds on very low.

Just checked, works fine with clouds off, sometimes you have to join once or twice(Just rejoined the same server) and it worked just fine with or without clouds.

My clouds are on high and I can still do it.

And my screen is on one of it's darkest settings..

As long as gamma continues to work I'll continue to use it.  Only for the fact that if Im being forced to play at night due to no day servers available I am NOT going to play at a disadvantage to people who are using it (and most people ARE).  Plain and simple.  Playing without gamma at night is like role playing a guy who doesnt use weapons on a day server.  Why would you do that unless you enjoy being owned over and over and over and over again??

FIX gamma exploits and I'll play legit and "even steven" with everyone else.  Till then, Ill stick to day servers.

• Like 1

That picture I posted had it's clouds on High.

As long as gamma continues to work I'll continue to use it.  Only for the fact that if Im being forced to play at night due to no day servers available I am NOT going to play at a disadvantage to people who are using it (and most people ARE).  Plain and simple.  Playing without gamma at night is like role playing a guy who doesnt use weapons on a day server.  Why would you do that unless you enjoy being owned over and over and over and over again??

FIX gamma exploits and I'll play legit and "even steven" with everyone else.  Till then, Ill stick to day servers.

They cant fix it, they remove the slider(only way to "fix" it) I'll just pump up the gamma on my video card settings and monitor, night time will always have free night vision goggles.

It is very hard to see and the fact is your life can be gone in a FLASH if you aren't prepared. I appreciate you boys trying to shed some LIGHT on the subject, but let's face it, it's not a big TURN ON right now.

• Like 3

My clouds are on high and I can still do it.

And my screen is on one of it's darkest settings..

That picture I posted had it's clouds on High.

Hmm gamma exploiting was blocked for me untill I set my clouds on very low. With that I can gamma exploit again.

It is very hard to see and the fact is your life can be gone in a FLASH if you aren't prepared. I appreciate you boys trying to shed some LIGHT on the subject, but let's face it, it's not a big TURN ON right now.

Carlos pls.

Edited by Frosti

on the mod some hardcore servers had a special night setting that no amount of gamma sliding could overcome. Nights were pitch black and without flares or flashlights you were fucked.

The devs should look at how that was done, in the mean time remove the gamma slider to prevent the everpresent tossers from exploiting it and destroying the whole experience for us genuine gamers who seek to enjoy Rockets vision as it was intended.

If you gamma exploit you are not worthy of playing this game and you are dragging it down into the filthy shit smeared gutter with you.

on the mod some hardcore servers had a special night setting that no amount of gamma sliding could overcome. Nights were pitch black and without flares or flashlights you were fucked.

The devs should look at how that was done, in the mean time remove the gamma slider to prevent the everpresent tossers from exploiting it and destroying the whole experience for us genuine gamers who seek to enjoy Rockets vision as it was intended.

If you gamma exploit you are not worthy of playing this game and you are dragging it down into the filthy shit smeared gutter with you.

Indeed in mod moonless nights, with clouds were pitch black and no amout of gamma could allow you to see in dark.

But removing gamma slider for now will do nothing, as people will just use graphic card gamma sliders.

It's apparently not lucrative for many to play on servers that are pitch black.

When I logged in (at least it saved my character, or rather, put me back about one week, but with most gear anyway) I was somewhere else in the darkest night. Wouldn't pull my flashlight out to shine it around on some mountain in a totally new area compared to pre-patch.

By luck or simply spawn position (east coast, water in sight) I managed to realize where I was. Still not really lucrative to have pitch black nights all the time. Some like it, but I'd assume a large portion of the community won't like to play that all the time.

• Like 1

I enjoy the night servers and it makes me yearn for flares. I really hope they are implemented into the SA because Lord knows i could use a few right now...

I literally can not see my player what so ever when I'm running. My friend however, if he turns his gamma ALL the way up he can near enough see like it is daylight outside. When I do it, it does next to nothing, I can see nothing, it is near enough just black. Is there something with my settings that are wrong or what? My gamma is up to full which some people say is cheap, but eh, it just makes no difference. It's like playing with your screen off. Anyone know whats wrong?

Can't see anything at night?! WTF! It's almost as if the sun wasn't in the sky or something!

PS: Your friend is a bitch. Quit exploiting.

Edited by Erik204

I've no problem seeing at night........

What did you think the flashlight was for? Using the excuse that everybody else is doing it, so you'd be at an disadvantage is just an excuse in itself.

I totally agree with your logic but it is a disadvantage when other people can see you at 700 meters and you can't even see yourself.

Can't see anything at night?! WTF! It's almost as if the sun wasn't in the sky or something!

PS: Your friend is a bitch. Quit exploiting.

you do know that if you go out into the country side when its night, it will be pitch black for about 20 minutes to an hour, your eyes will adjust and you will be able to see at least a few feet infront of you. 

gamma exploiters do indeed stain night time play for the rest of us with their cowardly ways and the ability to light up the night needs to be fixed, I still play nights and I still use a torch.

If I die because another guy exploits then so be it, I refuse to allow gutless wankers to impinge upon my enjoyment of the pure night time dayz experience.

If you enjoy getting shot in the head from three feet away by me while you run down the road right into my M4 like I just did to this one dude, then please join my server. His flashlight made it much easier to see him.

Last time I checked, I gave my money to play the game, If I wanna use a current feature that is in the game wether it is bad or not I will ^^. This POST was not about me using it, I do not even play night servers, I was simply confused on why my friend could see how he could with gamma on and I could not. That is it.

bloomin' hell i'm pretty sure zombies see as well in the dark as the middle of the day..

• Like 1

Christ almighty

there are times when I wonder why many members of this community ever bought the game.

Night time is dark because of the simple fact that the sun has slipped below the horizon and is aiming her rays at the other side of the planet, this game does night superbly well and the atmosphere of a busy server during darkness is second to none.

Get your torch out and enjoy yourself you pathetic excuse for a gamer.

While I agree, where on the planet is it pure blackness at night? I find night servers absolutely ridiculous because I am not Riddick & Im not running around with a flashlight and then worrying about finding another battery so I can wander some more in the dark.

A. Did they fix the flashlight issue? Last I saw, it was shining through walls and reflecting off the ground through pure concrete. I saw 2 people killed in the ATC because of it and unless thats a ghosterbuster flashlight, it shouldn't beam through the wall.

B. This isn't game "immersion" to me- its just fuckin annoying. If we are going to knock out every hint of spark of light, lets make our characters start off with shitty vision, so we venture into the world blurry until we find the right pair of glasses to wear. Everyone starts off with perfect vision? F that, billy! Youre blind as a goat!

C. Did that example seem absurd? I know, so is wandering around on a planet that has less light coming in than Pluto. I can go camping in the desert and see every constellation and the light from the moon and stars can still illuminate where I need to go.

• Like 2

I'm 100% behind the devs with the realism and fear that they're trying to instill in their players, but "night time" in the game is more like being stuck in a black box. In the real world even if you're in the middle of nowhere without city lights polluting the sky your eyes still adjust and you can eventually see. I get that you are given a flashlight and should use it, but I just feel like the emphasis should be for when you're searching for loot or in buildings where there is no natural light. I'm tired of being flagged from miles around when my light ignores physics and busts straight through walls. Let me run through the countryside with my rifle in hand, turn up the moon!

• Like 1

No thanks I'd rather have the advantage over the people using torchs.

So you would rather cheat? It really wouldn't be an issue if everyone had honor and no one did it.

The problem is a lot of gamma exploiters do it because they are not committed to playing seriously. If they had the balls to play the game the way it was supposed to then this wouldn't be an issue. And there is reason we don't deal with this in real life its called SLEEPING its when we go to bed when it gets dark out, and not bitch about a dark game.

Last time I checked, I gave my money to play the game, If I wanna use a current feature that is in the game wether it is bad or not I will ^^. This POST was not about me using it, I do not even play night servers, I was simply confused on why my friend could see how he could with gamma on and I could not. That is it.

Last time I checked this was a hardcore open world zombie survival game, This post only showed your lack of understanding of the word hardcore.

I'm confused on why people complain about a "feature" (cheat) that ruins that game for the real players simply because casuals don't feel like toughing it out.

LTaPx5o.jpg

I'm 100% behind the devs with the realism and fear that they're trying to instill in their players, but "night time" in the game is more like being stuck in a black box. In the real world even if you're in the middle of nowhere without city lights polluting the sky your eyes still adjust and you can eventually see. I get that you are given a flashlight and should use it, but I just feel like the emphasis should be for when you're searching for loot or in buildings where there is no natural light. I'm tired of being flagged from miles around when my light ignores physics and busts straight through walls. Let me run through the countryside with my rifle in hand, turn up the moon!

I agree to an extent. Your eyes do adjust, but only if you're out in the open, and there are no clouds: otherwise it is fucking dark out in the boonies at night.

Also, your field of view is very limited, and you can easily trip over stuff or bang your head. I think it should be substantially more hazardous to run around in the dark in the game - especially if you don't have your torch on. If you aren't on a road, and you aren't looking where you step with the torch, you should lose your footing easily when you try to run. If you're in a forest, it should be even worse. Forests are VERY dark places at night: you need to watch your every step to avoid getting tripped by roots or rocks or just uneven ground - and constantly looking at your feet means you're likely to get clotheslined by a branch.