bryanslegend

Did they add the SKS Rifle?

I was looking through the changelog for the new update today, and I came across this in the 'fixes' section..

2lkcq6a.png

Dean mentioned it had been added. A lot of goodies were added that weren't mentioned in the patch notes..

• Like 2

yeah seems to be a mystery, I haven't heard anyone say they've found it but it was teased on twitter by a few of the dev team and like GC said dean mentioned it yesterday and said that it was in the experimental build at the time so i think it's pretty safe to say it's in current stable build.

Edited by twingunz

So what are they doing with the '7.62' ammo?

Game needs separate 7.62x54R, 7.62x39 and 7.62x51 (.308) ammo types. If the SKS and Mosin end up using the same ammo I'll get a mental itch I can never scratch.

• Like 2

Agree with wartzilla - my damn quote isn't working for some reason.  Parts of this game, especially when it comes to firearms, accessories, etc are quite accurate and others not so much.  If you're going for accuracy in the details, go all the way.

So what are they doing with the '7.62' ammo?

Game needs separate 7.62x54R, 7.62x39 and 7.62x51 (.308) ammo types. If the SKS and Mosin end up using the same ammo I'll get a mental itch I can never scratch.

It uses different ammo.

Ostensibly, "7.62x39", but I'd call it something else, the characteristics are wrong for 7.62x39. It's more like 125-grain .300 Savage.

Here's one for you though: the Mosin now uses 7.62 NATO.

Dean mentioned it had been added. A lot of goodies were added that weren't mentioned in the patch notes..

Updating now. So exciting. 

I just saw 7.62x51 ammo box (white ammo box) in a military prison. However, have not seen any 7.62x39 ammo. With Rocket being a military man, I highly doubt he'd be so careless as to give wrong ammo types to certain firearms.

It uses different ammo.

Ostensibly, "7.62x39", but I'd call it something else, the characteristics are wrong for 7.62x39. It's more like 125-grain .300 Savage.

Here's one for you though: the Mosin now uses 7.62 NATO.

Well, to be fair, a Mosin can fire 7.62x51.. but I don't think that's the reason it does so in DayZ.

It's disappointing that the game is so authentic in some ways and then falls on its face in others.

Oh, by the way: it has a base accuracy of 17 MOA. That means it will print 18-inch groups at 100 yards, only half as accurate as the base Mosin but much better than an M4, unless it's one with full Magpul.

As per usual, in real life these rifles are many times more accurate than this.

Oh, by the way: it has a base accuracy of 17 MOA. That means it will print 18-inch groups at 100 yards, only half as accurate as the base Mosin but much better than an M4, unless it's one with full Magpul.

As per usual, in real life these rifles are many times more accurate than this.

Maybe the M4 inaccuracies are part of the explanation as to why they are in the country. Like a few dozen C5s stuffed with M4s were flying overhead and exploded leaving random M4s scattered across the land, but they all were damaged in the fall lol.

I agree with you guys they need at least the 3 different major 7.62 ammo.