gamer222

Rocket answers to everyone who complains about 3D view

How do you reconcile allowing 3rd person view exploiting in what you describe as the "anti-game"? Do they not contradict each other??

rocke2guns:

Not really, but that's why we have the "hardcore" mode that runs on it's own hive. It will be in stable today, it's in experimental branch now.

• Like 8

How do you reconcile allowing 3rd person view exploiting in what you describe as the "anti-game"? Do they not contradict each other?? rocke2guns: Not really, but that's why we have the "hardcore" mode that runs on it's own hive. It will be in stable today, it's in experimental branch now.

Figured we'd get something like that, i approve.

• Like 1

Like! there a solution for all, chose the right server for ya!

Nope

Short term solution would be to remove it outright until they can develop a way to fix looking over cover or walls.

Rockets just being a pansy and doesn't want to piss anyone off.

• Like 12

I really do like the Hardcore variant having its own hive.

Guess you will find me there, then.

• Like 5

Nope

Short term solution would be to remove it outright until they can develop a way to fix looking over cover or walls.

c'mon gib's we don't all have to get along to get along lol, let them have their 3PP while we be more hardcore in servers labeled hardcore, it'll slowly eat away at them knowing they're not as hardcore as us!

Edit: lack of grammar

Edited by twingunz
  • Like 4

Nope

Quit being belligerent. As you've said many times yourself, it's an alpha. The goal is proper development, not your own immediate personal satisfaction.

• Like 14

Nope

Actually it sounds like they don't see it as a problem , but have noted that a minority thinks it's a problem and they are trying to develop a solution to make people happy.. you should rage more.

• Like 6

Nope

DayZ is at a delicate stage in it's development. Not pissing people off is a good idea.

Edited by Solopopo
  • Like 1

Nope

mad because what everyone told you weeks ago is happening? bahahahahahahaha

I don't get it.

How does having separate hives for hardcore & softcore (not sure what they have called it) help anyone? I must be missing something! I don't get it.

Edited by MadTommy

It helps separate those who not only want to use a particular playstyle, but also so they don't have to worry about others "exploiting" the other variety of playstyle.  Not that everyone who plays in 3rd person does, but I can see how some would perceive it as unfair.

For immersion i prefer 3rd person over first since most of the games iv played in the past were like Resident Evil and Silent Hill type games.

• Like 2

Everyone has the same 3rd mode, use it accordingly. if you dont like it, play hardcore. What is the problem, its not an exploit thats just how it is. 

• Like 15

I don't get it.

How does having separate hives for hardcore & softcore (not sure what they have called it) help anyone? I must be missing something! I don't get it.

you dont enjoy playing with 3rd person, so play on the 1st person only hive, thats how it helps. frankly only the mouth-breathers here cant see this.

you dont enjoy playing with 3rd person, so play on the 1st person only hive, thats how it helps. frankly only the mouth-breathers here cant see this.

I could do that before.  I prefer to play on 1st person only servers, and that was an option before.  But if there were none of these servers with anyone on in my area I'd happily play on ones that allow 3rd person view.  

All this 2 hive thing has done is reduce options and solve nothing. I still don't get what was wrong before.  It was up the the server settings. This will either divide the community or worse kill hardcore. 

Seems odd, maybe I'm missing something.

Edited by MadTommy

I could do that before.  I prefer to play on 1st person only servers, and that was an option before.  But if there were none of these servers with anyone on in my area I'd happily play on ones that allow 3rd person view.  

All this 2 hive thing has done is reduce options and solve nothing. I still don't get what was wrong before.  It was up the the server settings. This will either divide the community or worse kill hardcore. 

Seems odd, maybe I'm missing something.

If there is enough people who wants 1st person only (as some of the vocal minority here think there is) then those servers will be fine, we all know there gonna die off a slow death with or without there own hive.

Now at least you won't get people gearing on rookie servers and then pvp'ing on hardcore servers "like a man". Quite happy about the idea of having a casual fun toon to rustle people with and my main toon on hardcore servers. 

• Like 3

Now at least you won't get people gearing on rookie servers and then pvp'ing on hardcore servers "like a man". Quite happy about the idea of having a casual fun toon to rustle people with and my main toon on hardcore servers. 

Enjoy your dead servers :)

• Like 1

I honestly quite prefer 3rd person. I just am in favor of seperating the hives if people want a hardcore mode. If the servers are all dead, then obviously its not desired by the community as a whole and we'll have our answer. 

• Like 1

Nope

Sadly this.

It's a weird line to draw where everything else in the game is so hardcore. 

At this point I wish they'd be honest about it and say "probably less people would be interested in the game as first person only game and we want more people to buy it.. "

• Like 2

Sadly this.

It's a weird line to draw where everything else in the game is so hardcore. 

At this point I wish they'd be honest about it and say "probably less people would be interested in the game as first person only game and we want more people to buy it.. "

everything is hardcore? I can sprint for miles, I can heal a bullet wound with nothing but a bandage, so hardcore.

• Like 4

Nope

pssst ur diaper is full, i can smell it from here...