Sign in to follow this  
GooseActual

Server Admins Kicking people or Locking servers for friends only

After searching for a daylight server because I suffer from headaches with the low frame rate as it is. Trying to focus on the flashlight in the dark just makes it crazy. I find a nice daylight server where everyone is being kicked out to make room for friends, likely to try out the new version of the game because they are ass hats :D. Is believe this a violation of the terms for owning a dayZ Server and would like to share the details of the server for it to perhaps be looked into.

I.P 96.8.115.178.2306 Zombie Loving Bandits.

Thank you D:

If you provide anything to support that you can issue a report and it will be looked into almost immediately.

Those servers will most likely be blacklisted very soon.

If you provide anything to support that you can issue a report and it will be looked into almost immediately.

Those servers will most likely be blacklisted very soon.

I wouldn't expect it -that- quickly.

I wouldn't expect it -that- quickly.

How come?

How come?

Well as much as i love the people that do the work, it isn't as quick as it could be.

• Like 1

I had the same problem, the [sONS] clan seemed to kick anyone off the server they didn't like.

the server title was even friendly, day light, no KOS kind of thing so I thought they wouldn't be so rude, joined severl times and was kicked each time (was making sure lol)

Well as much as i love the people that do the work, it isn't as quick as it could be.

Even though I have to agree with you it's only fair to say that they're doing all they can.

Even though I have to agree with you it's only fair to say that they're doing all they can.

Oh i agree i wasn't putting them down at all.

• Like 1

Oh i agree i wasn't putting them down at all.

Congratulations to 500 posts and having the ability to change your title. :D

Congratulations to 500 posts and having the ability to change your title. :D

Why thank you  :P

• Like 1

After searching for a daylight server because I suffer from headaches with the low frame rate as it is. Trying to focus on the flashlight in the dark just makes it crazy. I find a nice daylight server where everyone is being kicked out to make room for friends, likely to try out the new version of the game because they are ass hats :D. Is believe this a violation of the terms for owning a dayZ Server and would like to share the details of the server for it to perhaps be looked into.

I.P 96.8.115.178.2306 Zombie Loving Bandits.

Thank you D:

there is no rule against kicking players. read the rules and please don't confuse the part about "no killing" with "no kicking" ..it is not the same at all

Pretty sure they are adressing servers that kicked people 24/7 when they tried to join, Allot of those servers are offline now or stopped kicking people.

Pretty sure they are adressing servers that kicked people 24/7 when they tried to join, Allot of those servers are offline now or stopped kicking people.

perhaps, but still: there is no rule against kicking players. it is clearly within the rules to do so ..i would think the servers you are reffering to violated the rules about no killing, don't you think?

perhaps, but still: there is no rule against kicking players. it is clearly within the rules to do so ..i would think the servers you are reffering to violated the rules about no killing, don't you think?

No, I don't think that. Because they were labelled as no killing server. 

ps, If you wanna discuss stuff with me you can also PM me instead of trying having a conversation with me in like +/- 3-4 threads at once.

No, I don't think that. Because they were labelled as no killing server.

ps, If you wanna discuss stuff with me you can also PM me instead of trying having a conversation with me in like +/- 3-4 threads at once.

you are publicly stating that kicking players and restarting servers should be reported because it violates some rules. you have been wrong. it needs to be set right publicly.

• Like 2

Then you can just link the thread were you adressed me first in these ones, no point in having the exact same conversation in each thread. 

there is no rule against kicking players. read the rules and please don't confuse the part about "no killing" with "no kicking" ..it is not the same at all

Oh really?

Then why does it clearly state this?

Obtained from: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/55657-start-here-a-beginners-guide-to-dayz-servers-and-administration/

IMPORTANT: There are RULES that you need to follow as a server administrator. They are as follows:
  • The server MAY NOT be passworded
  • You MAY NOT run any other mods, or keys.
  • You CANNOT kick other players for your friends and clanmates
  • You CANNOT lock the server for ANY reason at ANY time
  • You CANNOT edit the DayZ Mod mission files
  • Battleye MUST be installed and running at ALL TIMES
  • Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)
  • You may only ban players for two reasons: Malicious talk, and racism.
  • You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel).
Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

again ..a lot of you, "dayz mod veterans" seem to confuse the mod rules with the standalone rules. they are clearly not the same.

again ..a lot of you, "dayz mod veterans" seem to confuse the mod rules with the standalone rules. they are clearly not the same.

I never played the mod.

Also why WOULDN'T the rules from the mod also apply to the standalone?

They're the exact same game essentially.

the same server listed in the OP was definately doing that i was kicked 4 times from the server and saw them kick atleast 10 other players before getting to me one time.

Such sillyness in this thread..

Dayz SA is not the mod.

Dayz SA is in Alpha, and can therefor have much different rules regarding maintaining servers.

Heres the link you missed:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

Here is a list of DayZ Standalone hosting rules as per the Devs:
  • You may NOT change your servers slots
  • You may NOT password your server
  • Your server must contain the version number and whether it is 3PP:ON or OFF i.e. "DayZ UK 5-xx (Public/3PP:OFF) 113925 - Hosted by GamingDeluxe.co.uk"
  • Your server must NOT have a NO KILL policy

Hicks has further clarified the following on twitter:

• Server operators MAY frequently restart their rented instances in order to keep the time at a certain point..
Failure to comply with these rules could result in a suspension of your server without a refund. 

Servers are caught and shut down as rapidly as can be expected. GSPs deal with them and most if not all have some sort of warning about the above. If you want to expedite the process, write the IPs down and report them to the GSPs directly. If you don't know who hosts it, report it to them all (Multiplay, Gameservers, Vilayer, Fragnet, GamingDeluxe), or find the GSP this way.

I never played the mod.

Also why WOULDN'T the rules from the mod also apply to the standalone?

They're the exact same game essentially.

When alpha first came out they actually did refer us to the mod rules in regards for the server rules on Alpha. So your not totally wrong.

This thread: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/167125-server-admins-kicking-people-or-locking-servers-for-friends-only/

I am the owner of this server. I was there when about 100 were kicked during maybe a 30-60 minute period. That is the day that the patch came out. We have about 20+ clan members who have purchased this game. We pay $82 a month for this server I think we have a right to play on our own server. The server was filling so fast we couldn't get in. We kept kicking until all members got in and then the rest filled up with pubbers. We only had about 10 on that day. As soon as we kicked a couple people to let our members in it filled up. The pubbers were joining faster than we could kick them to let on our members but it was not members only. We have never done that.

What happens if reserved slots come in to play? it will do the same exact thing. Before calling me/us an asshat or talking out of your asshat come to our site which is clearly posted in the MOTD in the bottom left hand corner every single time you join our server (www monksmilitia.com) and ask us. Instead of coming here you could have used the same amount of energy to come to our site and posted your concerns. You could have even have friended one of us on Steam and asked us what's up. Our clan tag is in the name and we all have the tag on.

Your thread is the exact reason why everyone should take heed in when people are saying badmins or butthurt admins or whatever other insults players like to throw around or put down a server. You thread is clearly wrong and I don't appreciate that bad image you paint of my server or myself/clan. There are shitty admins out there with out a doubt. I have encountered a few myself which is why My clan and I have decided to run the servers we enjoy to not have to put up with asshat admins. Been doing it for 6 years in my current community.

Next time any of you go into a server and something happens that you don't like, look for info on contacting the clan that runs that server. Most put it in their description and just google their clan name. What you think is happening might be the furthest thing from the truth.

Edited by MadMuthaMonk
  • Like 2