Sign in to follow this  
marsmars

All servers on night?

Ahhhah this irritates me .. my causual gaming needs demand sunlight ... How else will I get my Vitamin D!! xD

• Like 2

All the servers I was able to get onto where on night time mode as well, which would be annoying if they try to keep it that way with a 24 hour cycle. If they had a shorter day/night cycle I think I would be happy enough with them killing all the 24 hour day light servers. At least though they seem to have made it much easier to see in the dark now so that you can easily enough navigate in the dark even without using a torch nevermind messing around with the gamma or anything like that, though if you don't have a flash light finding loot will be very hard.

But even the servers where it should be around 16:00 is night time for me..

yeah weird

I finally saw a server which said 08:00 (which supposedly is 8 in the morning?) and it was completely dark

for people who work full time either 24/7 servers or different time zone servers are required

my computer can't run nighttime successfully, and even if it could, I wouldn't want to play at night 90% of the time

found a daytime server finally

There are a couple of them, though they are usually full you have to keep refreshing until a slot opens

Old gamma trick doesnt work. Still can't see fk all at night with the gamma/brightness cranked. It's pretty stupid and unrealistic that there's a rule prohibiting 24/7 daylight servers so now they all constantly restart into the middle of the night- Also wtf: no moonlight, ever?

At this rate the next patch will probably turn zombies into superpowered nocturnal predators while players run around grazing as defenceless land-manitees

Its amazing to me how stupid and ignorant people are. In the middle of the country with no power or lights anywhere around its still not as pitch black as it is in the game. The moon provides plenty of light and your eyes adjust to the dark.

That totally aside though this is a game and your players keep it going so realistic or not its what the majority of the player base wants because w/o them you have no game and from what i've seen the ratio of players that prefer daylight to dark has to be at least 40:2.

• Like 1

I might take a punt and say that he either did this to demonstrate who the game is intended for and/or to make it hard for people who lost their char instead of being like oh zed run around maybe take some care around them...

I have found that discharging the shotgun is an excellent way to attract zombies, but even with the gamma/bright "hack" or whatever you like to call it, I couldn't see them at all (two feet in front of me chewing on my face)and kinda guessed where they where by running backwards for a bit.  Once I was out of shells, I did the classic turn the flashlight on so the last thing I see is whats gonna eat me.  In my head my guy screamed in terror and they began eating him alive and some distant distant survivor alerted by the shot's closes their eyes, crosses themselves then stalks off into the night.

Being eaten by about 4 zombies was a nice change to being gunned down, so maybe he's onto something.

After being forced to play night for the past hour I have completely changed my stance on it. Night time sucks. It's not fun dying because you can't see the zombie hitting you, or getting stuck walking instead of running and not being able to see what you need to put away or what button to press to be able to sprint again, or not being able to find a bandage fast enough because using a flashlight slows you down (which makes no sense). Turning up the gamma still works too, just not as well, and I hate having to do that just to be able to play. Having day/night sync with the actual time of day is a horrible idea. Some of us only play at certain times and It's not something we should have to endure for that long. I like that it's in the game, but they need to turn back the time it takes for the sun to shine.

Edited by Solopopo

survive the night and you shall get your reward...

There is no reward, night is a waste of time. Im never gonna use a flashlight, its suicidal.

• Like 2

still pretty hard to get into a daytime server as they are all full

When does the sun rise so I can actually play again?

Prob 3-4 am.

I've been playing with the start time setting on our server I had it successfully start at 9:00 am by setting time to 6:30 pm. It said 9:00 am in the server list but quickly reverted back to 1:00 am.

Without even rebooting.

If anyone has a solution please post it up. I see a few servers in the list that are daylight and in the USA. Something just had to be set wrong somewhere.

I see the ones actually in daylight. The problem is those 6 are completely packed full because the majority don't like playing night if they don't have to.

Whose idea was to ban daytime servers? You can tell by looking at the server browser that most people don't want to play in the dark. I'm not going to spend almost 100% my playing time in it.

sick of people saying .. just turn up your gama/brightness... i dont wanna play in black and white and i got better things to do when its day time out in real life. kind of a deal breaker.

For those cranking up your gamma and brightness at night and not seeing any difference, make sure you have clouds enabled (very low to very high, doesn't matter). If you don't, gamma and brightness settings won't do anything at night. With clouds enabled, you can gamma the crap out of your game and see at night, but man it looks like garbage.

This works on my computer at least, your mileage may vary.

Well its not global for all servers just 98% of them there are 5 servers that have custom times, and all the rest are within one minute of each other.

There has to be some setting in the config that allows you to keep up with the hive time or not. My provider just doesn't have that option and I cant see the config just the web config editor.

Is a big mistake!!! please let us play in daylight servers!!!!!

All 24/7 Daytime servers ahs been taken down.

My sig says otherwise.