Sign in to follow this  
dobrowney

Possilbe Flying in DayZ Standalone

I honestly hope there are never helis added to the SA. They really break so much of what everything else in the game is trying to achieve. I've never played on any server in the mod, that had helis, where to many players ended up following this script and nothing else:

1. find new heli spawn

2. find parts to fix heli

3. fuel up heli

4. use heli to find all other helis on server

5. once air monopoly is had use heli to go grid by grid to find every single camp, vehicle and person on server

6. raid/destroy every camp you found

7. steal or disable every vehicle you found

8. kill every person you found

Its not that everyone on every server does this but enough do that it begins to make even playing there bothersome.

To guy who posted above me, it looks like TOH with Chernarus added as a map.

I would have no problems with choppas, to be honest.

In some scenarios it could even fit.

If people don't want them on their servers or communities, then I guess some more customization will eventually occur. Meaning some servers can do their own thing about it.

I think Id like single man ultralights with short ranges over full on helicopters with mounted guns and such...right now though, in the standalone, Im interested in any vehicle just about. Im starting to feel like Forrest Gump, just running from coast to coast.

• Like 2

is chernarus in arma 3?

This is Take On helis . .What SA is built off of

• Like 1

I honestly hope there are never helis added to the SA. They really break so much of what everything else in the game is trying to achieve. I've never played on any server in the mod, that had helis, where to many players ended up following this script and nothing else:

1. find new heli spawn

2. find parts to fix heli

3. fuel up heli

4. use heli to find all other helis on server

5. once air monopoly is had use heli to go grid by grid to find every single camp, vehicle and person on server

6. raid/destroy every camp you found

7. steal or disable every vehicle you found

8. kill every person you found

Its not that everyone on every server does this but enough do that it begins to make even playing there bothersome.

To guy who posted above me, it looks like TOH with Chernarus added as a map.

Each to their own Bro. I can respect Not having Flying. Dang man in the mod I never even had a car most of the time. I spent most of my time in the Woods just hunting and staying away from people. Just like in real life.. LOL

All the best zombie films had heli moments in them, & if helis are good enough for dawn of the dead then they are good enough for Dayz!

• Like 1

Yup, Rocket wanted flying to be a lot more difficult than it is in ArmA. So that not just anyone would be able to fly.

You can get the Take on Helicopters demo for free on Steam BTW, if anyone wants to get some practice in.

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 1

What is that video even supposed to tell me? That he is a terrible pilot? That he has a terrible microphone / set up? I can barely understand a word, thus making the video completely pointless.

Apart from the fact that it's obviously not even Standalone, though the title wants to make you believe exactly that.

I'd agree that actual skill being involved when piloting is a great idea, but i don't agree with there being weapons mounted to it, perhaps the ability for people int he back seats to fire out the weapon with there own weapons? but only then.

so how many of us will be using it as an excuse to scream "Get to da choppaaa!!" at the top of our lungs?  :P

• Like 1

mos1ey, I tried to learn how to fly the heli in arma 2 training, and failed miserably. quit after about an hour of trying, and now Rocket wants to make it even tougher to fly a heli?

Good on him! :thumbsup:

I think helis work as ULTRA rare items on servers. As much as I dislike the "heli-hunt" that eventually happens, the fear you feel in this game when you hear a chopper coming near is something that is hard to replicate. I have many fond memories of hiding behind sheds/small rock walls as a helicopter hovered past, muttering curse words to myself under my breath the whole time until they'd lose the scent and leave.

Doing quick tactical stops on the tops of apartment buildings/hospitals/solnichniy quarry were also fond memories, even when I'd screw up and clip my tail on an air conditioner, screwing the whole mission up.

• Like 1

I hear you tomroadrunner my good man, heli-hiding was one of the best rushes of the game. That feeling of utter fear as you were legging it through a field heading north and all of a sudden a heli passes over and you go prone, knowing that if you are spotted you are dead meat... Helpless and hoping for the best. I loved helis in the mod. They added to the dread, which is a good thing.

momma always said dayz is like a box of choc-lits, you never know what your gonna get...

LOL! You beat me to it, well played sir.

• Like 1

What is that video even supposed to tell me? That he is a terrible pilot? That he has a terrible microphone / set up? I can barely understand a word, thus making the video completely pointless.

Apart from the fact that it's obviously not even Standalone, though the title wants to make you believe exactly that.

As for the Mic settings Am sorry about that. I did not know when uploading off my stream that the Mic levels were so low. As for flying. Am far from Shitty BRO. I wanted to show you how hard flying in Standalone will be with a Mouse and Keyboard. Normally I fly with my Flight Stick. I use to Fly The UH1 in DCS. The Title is setup in the fourms as Possilbe Flying in DayZ Standalone. How is this unleading. IT is a post to show you what flying in SA might look like.

As for the Mic settings Am sorry about that. I did not know when uploading off my stream that the Mic levels were so low. As for flying. Am far from Shitty BRO. I wanted to show you how hard flying in Standalone will be with a Mouse and Keyboard. Normally I fly with my Flight Stick. I use to Fly The UH1 in DCS. The Title is setup in the fourms as Possilbe Flying in DayZ Standalone. How is this unleading. IT is a post to show you what flying in SA might look like.

Ah, right. Didn't hear anything what was going on in the video, which is why I was only assuming. You might want to reupload a version with new commentary and go from there. :)

Thanks for clearing it up.